2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 3/4/2021 at 11:30 AM, trishytrish said:

Good morning. Do I have to send in the approval notice for the I-360 with our I-485 applications? My daughters and I are going to start gathering documents next week, just want to know if we have to wait on the approval notice to actually send it in. We haven’t been home since 2012 so we’re very excited. Also, do you think we need a lawyer to do the I-485 applications? 

If your I-360 was approved, yes you have to include the approval letter to submit with your I-485.You don't need an attorney to file your I-485 .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

That's our Sandra -- apparently up at 2:30 a.m. to answer everyone's questions. :thumbs: 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
On 3/4/2021 at 7:27 AM, Bradkan said:

Hi everybody! hope you all doing fine.

i self petitioned i765(c09) and they returned saying i am missing signature and any preparer's information. my question is" is there any column or tab that specifies self petition on the form?"

Thanks in advance

If they are asking the preparer's information is because you put someone's name there. If you filed out the form without any help  then you must  put your name and sign on part 3-item 7a-7b.

Timeline
On 3/4/2021 at 11:30 AM, trishytrish said:

Good morning. Do I have to send in the approval notice for the I-360 with our I-485 applications? My daughters and I are going to start gathering documents next week, just want to know if we have to wait on the approval notice to actually send it in. We haven’t been home since 2012 so we’re very excited. Also, do you think we need a lawyer to do the I-485 applications? 

I answered your question before, but maybe I was not clear , if your VAWA was approved  you must submit a copy of your I-360 approval along with form I-485, but If your I-360 was not approved then you can file form I-485 without  having to wait your VAWA approval.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

Hello people, is there anyone waiting form jan 2019 .vawa approved June 2020, Ref in September 2020. Orlando field office. Please is there anyone waiting around this date? Thank you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
9 hours ago, sandranj said:

Filing VAWA has anything to do with his RFE, he needs to decide what he wants to do in his life, to continue with his wife or to file VAWA.

Thank you for your reply. @sandranj, My apologies, I was not clear in my message. What i meant was, he will file VAWA only, he lost all hope working on his relationship. 

But he is confuse now how to proceed with VAWA when there is an RFE for his 485. He do not have much money left to file another 485. So far he told me, he is going to file VAWA by next month, then once he will receive his 360 case receipt, he will send that to NBC about his RFE that he is filing now VAWA and do not need sponsor as of now. He said he will also send this RFE to Vermont while filing VAWA. Is he missing something? 

42 minutes ago, Comforter said:
42 minutes ago, Comforter said:

Hello people, is there anyone waiting form jan 2019 .vawa approved June 2020, Ref in September 2020. Orlando field office. Please is there anyone waiting around this date? Thank you.

Wow!!! your Vawa timeline is impressive! Only 17 months waiting time for an approval! 

I'm in Miami, still waiting ... Dec 2019 filler! 

36 minutes ago, MrMacaroni124 said:

If you filed using a lawyer, tell the lawyer to write them. I had the same issue. My lawyer wrote them on a Monday and card was produced on Thursday.

Yeah I have a lawyer but I have ref ? Maybe make it longer ? And apply C9 and still married to a usc so Idk what should I do and the ref just GM

1 hour ago, Mira20 said:

I wanted to ask this similar question before I saw your post.  Mine is now 93days. 

When I ask em long time ago they said should be around 120 days 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.