2,962 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Nina Galia said:

I already paid $410 for Work authorization,  $595 is extra ? And how long does it take to received it? Thank you 

Usually it's free if you have pending i-485. however, your i-360 approved i do not know if you can still apply for free?

Is your i360 approved? do you have i-485 pending?

usually fee for i-131 is 595 now. 

Vermont is taking 5.5 to 7.5 months to approve i-131.

Edited by balo101

Just now, balo101 said:

Usually it's free if you have pending i-485. however, your i-360 approved i do not know if you can still apply for free?

Is your i360 approved? do you have i-485 pending?

usually fee for i-485 is 595 now. 

Yes i360 approved last week and I submitted the c9 renewal before vawa approval.  I485 was sent initially at same time with i360 in August 2016 and fees were waived back then.

Just now, Nina Galia said:

Yes i360 approved last week and I submitted the c9 renewal before vawa approval.  I485 was sent initially at same time with i360 in August 2016 and fees were waived back then.

then why did you pay $410?

If you send it before VAWA approved then it should be free. Now your VAWA id approved you should get C31.

5 hours ago, MGJ_NY said:

Hi Fam!!! I would like to share a good news. MY CASE HAS BEEN FINALLY APPROVED, after almost 30 months!!!!

SEPT 2018- I360 filed

OCT 2018- RFE

NOV 2018- replied to RFE

MARCH 2021- CASE APPROVED 

Total silence from NOV 2018-MARCH 2021

NO PRIMA FACIE

I couldn’t count how many times I reached out to my Senator and Congressman (also asked help from Ombudsman)

If not for this group and its members I would’ve already lost my mind in the process. So thank you all so much @sandranj @TBoneTX @FeDaniela @Stillwinning!!!😊 @a1d1 @Gogetter18

E8E0107F-A9A4-4D2C-945A-D48019CF891D.jpeg

Congrats! When you contacted Ombudsman did he try to help you at all? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, balo101 said:

Guys weird thing happened just now.

I received a notification on USCIS APP that my case is updated. However, when i checked the case on app nothing is there. And its my VAWA case. 

not sure what happened there.

The app blinks with the news before the website, turn off your phone for 20-30 seconds and turn it back on, tap the app and tap on my case, you should be fine 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, balo101 said:

then why did you pay $410?

If you send it before VAWA approved then it should be free. Now your VAWA id approved you should get C31.

If your fees for I-485 were waived, you have to pay the fee for renewal or file another waiver.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 3/5/2021 at 1:52 PM, Aadi135 said:

Hello Vfamily, My friend received an RFE, it is for sponsor. seems his wife gave him incorrect \incomplete sponsor documents. He is almost done with his case and will need another month to send his case to USCIS, what he need to do now? 

Will this RFE will stop his EAD? What steps he need to take? He do not have a lawyer, he was thinking to submit his VAWA and mention in that about RFE is that enough or he need to reply to Service center as well where he filed his case? 

thanks, 

RFE.thumb.jpeg.bf5214e248175b4455d416322963a127.jpeg

Filing VAWA has anything to do with his RFE, he needs to decide what he wants to do in his life, to continue with his wife or to file VAWA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.