2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Greetings to All. 

Hope you all are doing well, my apologies for asking quick help, 

as my i360 was approved in Oct 2020 they sent me EAD C31 but its not updated yet in their system  i went to DMV for license and they couldn't retrieve any info same with my employer, what should i do ?  

Also came to know from lawyer that i need to change my address from old to new for my I485 process, so i did it online and got online confirmation print copy of AR-11 which says to mail in to below address. just want to confirm is that right ? do i have to send this AR-11 VERMONT SERVICE CENTRE ?   

and the I485 status says FINGERPRINTS WERE ATTACHED on SEPT 2018.

U.S. Department of Homeland Security Citizenship and Immigration Services Attn: Change of Address
1344 Pleasants Drive Harrisonburg, VA 22801

Filed: Other Timeline
On 12/2/2020 at 8:05 PM, Lish said:

I have good news fam,

Filed August 2018,

Received RFE February 2020,

Respond to RFE May 2020

C13 card received July 2020

Approval August 2020

Medical letter September 2020

Early November interview notice 

Interview completed November 18, 2020

Green card at hand November 25, 2020

In total 2EAD and 3PFs received.

Thanks to everyone here for your support and words of encouragement during this journey. It has been a long journey 2yrs 3months and 11days but God did it at last.

I implore everyone waiting to remain hopeful for the best.

Congratulations 

Filed: Other Timeline
13 hours ago, sandranj said:

It will not affect your Vawa case.

To sponsor someone you will need to make the amount specified on the poverty level guidelines.

@sandranj, Awesome ! Thank you so much Attorney  Sandra. 

10 hours ago, sandranj said:

Your case will be forwarded to VERMONT.You won’t  save time ,it’s the opposite you will waste time .It doesn’t matter if you are in removal ALL VAWA cases can be adjudicated JUST by VSC, your l485  won’t be on the queue.We had here a bunch of people that submitted to the wrong field, USCIS issued the receipt but forwarded  the case to Vermont.Just if  the law changed last night,lol.I receive  updates when the law changes.

Thank you Sandra. So, to avoid the long wait of transfer of my case to Vermont. Can I ask the judge to make a decision on my i-485 at my next calendar hearing in court that is due end of April 2021 in case my i360 get approved before April 2021?

53 minutes ago, Oskar1234 said:

Does somebody know, when you go to the interview for I485, does officer has whole your case with him at that moment? Does he review the whole VAWA approved case before interview? 

Does officer go into details about your address where you lived, employment history, my parents personal details etc?

The officer can ask any question even though VSC already adjudicated your vawa. (Although not supposed to) Yes the officer will go through the file to familiarize himself with your peculiar case also to be informed that the case has been adjudicated and approved! Questions from i485 will be asked!😊👍

1 hour ago, Oskar1234 said:

Does somebody know, when you go to the interview for I485, does officer has whole your case with him at that moment? Does he review the whole VAWA approved case before interview? 

Does officer go into details about your address where you lived, employment history, my parents personal details etc?

Hello, officer asked me how and where i met spouse, where we got married, if its love or arranged marriage, how long we have been living apart, if we are divorced, and some yes/no questions for spouse like if he used drugs or involved in prostitution! Officer asked All yes/no questions for me. That took long. I was also asked all dates of my entry into US and the visas i held. I had an intense interview. But not all officers seem to be interested in spouse details. However I got my case approved on the same day as interview. Please go through vawa and aos packages. That will help in case you are asked for any details. Good luck 😊👍

18 minutes ago, PayingForward said:

Hello, officer asked me how and where i met spouse, where we got married, if its love or arranged marriage, how long we have been living apart, if we are divorced, and some yes/no questions for spouse like if he used drugs or involved in prostitution! Officer asked All yes/no questions for me. That took long. I was also asked all dates of my entry into US and the visas i held. I had an intense interview. But not all officers seem to be interested in spouse details. However I got my case approved on the same day as interview. Please go through vawa and aos packages. That will help in case you are asked for any details. Good luck 😊👍

Just to add, No questions were asked about address, parents or past employment. But officer asked about current employer and work location. Good luck 👍 

13 minutes ago, Salyeen said:

Who got Request for Additional Evidence I filed 3 moths ago and really worried about it 

I had one. Responded to it and got approved.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Just now, Salyeen said:

Why they were asking for plz 

In my case it was basically the bona fides of marriage and cohabitation. Gave them everything I could muster (joint account, tax documents, gift receipts, ring receipts, college transcripts, etc).

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Demise said:

I had one. Responded to it and got approved.

Please after how long you got approved? Sent a RFE answer early November and everyday I’m stressing out. I’m so scared of the answer from USCIS. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Demise said:

In my case it was basically the bona fides of marriage and cohabitation. Gave them everything I could muster (joint account, tax documents, gift receipts, ring receipts, college transcripts, etc).

That’s exactly what they asked me proof of bonafide marriage. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.