2,962 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Salyeen said:

Hey iv asked the question before I applied for vawa in 2020/10 and I have ref I havenโ€™t respond waiting for the fingerprint response I had to send it to federal I think due to pandamicย 

ย 

my question is the ref will stop my EAD process until I respond?ย 

RFE only puts a hold on your i360 case, it doesn't stop the EAD process!๐Ÿ‘

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

RFE only puts a hold on your i360 case, it doesn't stop the EAD process!๐Ÿ‘

If the EAD category is based on the 360, then it does put on hold.

1 hour ago, Ayrton said:

If the EAD category is based on the 360, then it does put on hold.

We're clearly discussing C9 category I've been through this process and know to a great extent the dynamics!ย Besides you only get C31 EAD when your i360 is approved(an approved case can't be put on hold) which invalidates your statement!๐Ÿ˜

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, BlueTiger92 said:

Hello friends! Has anyone here got a car loan while waiting for VAWA?

You can get it with a valid EAD, I did that

Hi guys

has anyone experienced problems with two addresses , especially below section. Me and my abuser had two apts , both apts have both of our names on lease and we lived in together in both the places.

Section 101(a)(33) of the Act prescribes that, as used in the Act: "The term 'residence' means the place of general abode; the place of general abode of a person means his principal, actual dwelling place in fact, without regard to intent.

25 minutes ago, sam012019 said:

Hi guys

has anyone experienced problems with two addresses , especially below section. Me and my abuser had two apts , both apts have both of our names on lease and we lived in together in both the places.

Section 101(a)(33) of the Act prescribes that, as used in the Act: "The term 'residence' means the place of general abode; the place of general abode of a person means his principal, actual dwelling place in fact, without regard to intent.

I mean VAWA only requires you to have lived together at a shared address(es) for some period of time with no statutory minimum.

ย 

What's your question?

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

1 minute ago, Demise said:

I mean VAWA only requires you to have lived together at a shared address(es) for some period of time with no statutory minimum.

ย 

What's your question?

although i sent evidence (bills, leases), USCIS claim that we lived separately(RFE). Its causing extreme mental stress what else to do or how else i can respond to their RFE?

3 minutes ago, sam012019 said:

although i sent evidence (bills, leases), USCIS claim that we lived separately(RFE). Its causing extreme mental stress what else to do or how else i can respond to their RFE?

I mean send them the leases and other things which would link both your names to both the addresses, and write a cover letter explaining the situation as to why exactly you maintained two addresses at which you both lived.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

1 hour ago, sam012019 said:

I think what USCIS wants to know isย why you both kept 2 rentals. I have a similar situation but the reason for that is because my spouse works far away and come back home only on weekends because of the distance. Iโ€™m still waiting my approval. No RFE so far.ย 

On 2/19/2021 at 9:51 AM, sam012019 said:

Hey guysย 

I got the RFE on residency requirements. I have submitted two leases, bills, electricity, bank statements, emails earlier. Me and my ex maintained two apartments. They still want me explain that i lived with my ex. have any of you been in this situation, how did you go about it. Thank you so mucย 

Okay,so did you both live in theย  different residences at different times or the same time. People move all the time or did you both of two active lease at same time?

Filed: Other Timeline

Here is my timelineย 

ย 

I need some advice please.ย  Here is my timeline so far

ย 

Forms Filed May 2018ย  -ย  ย I360, I485 and I 765ย 

ย 

Receipt notices received June 2018

ย 

Biometrics July 2018

ย 

1st Prima Facie July 2018

ย 

EADย Approval letter August 2018

ย 

EADย Renewal letter April 2019

ย 

2nd Prima Facie Julyย 2019

ย 

Receipt notice For I765ย EADย July 2019

ย 

2ndย EADย receivedย July 2019

ย 

December 2019ย RFEย for proof of battery

ย 

Ugh a stressful point,ย  I was devastated but I overcame.ย  Iย submittedย RFE.

ย 

RFEย sumbitted

ย 

VAWA Approved March 2020

ย 

Received newย EADย C31 March 2020

ย 

Received I 485 receipt notice case transferred March 2020

ย 

Request for Applicant to appear for Interviewย  September 2020

ย 

This is the concern the interview was schedule in Santa Ana, CA and I live in Atlanta GA so I was unable to attend the interview.ย  This was received late during the COVID and my paperwork was assigned to GA field office where I should have had my interview but somehow went to Santa Ana, CA.ย  I have not heard anything since what do I do? I was told that my file was sent back to California and that whenย they receive it they will reschedule my interview.ย  Is this correct how was an appointment needed to be made to reschedule? @sandranj I need help on this please?ย  Please advise.

ย 

Thank you!

ย 

Any thoughts how I should handle this please?

ย 

My EAD expires March 2021.ย  I submitted the renewal and got the receipt notice 180 day extension on 1/21ย but have not received the card yet

17 minutes ago, usarlifecitizen said:

Here is my timelineย 

ย 

I need some advice please.ย  Here is my timeline so far

ย 

Forms Filed May 2018ย  -ย  ย I360, I485 and I 765ย 

ย 

Receipt notices received June 2018

ย 

Biometrics July 2018

ย 

1st Prima Facie July 2018

ย 

EADย Approval letter August 2018

ย 

EADย Renewal letter April 2019

ย 

2nd Prima Facie Julyย 2019

ย 

Receipt notice For I765ย EADย July 2019

ย 

2ndย EADย receivedย July 2019

ย 

December 2019ย RFEย for proof of battery

ย 

Ugh a stressful point,ย  I was devastated but I overcame.ย  Iย submittedย RFE.

ย 

RFEย sumbitted

ย 

VAWA Approved March 2020

ย 

Received newย EADย C31 March 2020

ย 

Received I 485 receipt notice case transferred March 2020

ย 

Request for Applicant to appear for Interviewย  September 2020

ย 

This is the concern the interview was schedule in Santa Ana, CA and I live in Atlanta GA so I was unable to attend the interview.ย  This was received late during the COVID and my paperwork was assigned to GA field office where I should have had my interview but somehow went to Santa Ana, CA.ย  I have not heard anything since what do I do? I was told that my file was sent back to California and that whenย they receive it they will reschedule my interview.ย  Is this correct how was an appointment needed to be made to reschedule? @sandranj I need help on this please?ย  Please advise.

ย 

Thank you!

ย 

Any thoughts how I should handle this please?

ย 

My EAD expires March 2021.ย  I submitted the renewal and got the receipt notice 180 day extension on 1/21ย but have not received the card yet

If the information that your file was sent back to California and that when they receive it they will schedule your interview was given to you by a USCIS officer then you probablyย may not need to do anything but wait till its scheduled!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

Filed: Other Timeline
7 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

If the information that your file was sent back to California and that when they receive it they will schedule your interview was given to you by a USCIS officer then you probablyย may not need to do anything but wait till its scheduled!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

Hiย 

The information was told to me by my DOJ representative.ย  I am not sure what to believe at this point or should I call USCIS to find out

2 hours ago, sam012019 said:

I absolutely understand how stressful this is for you and all that but is there a reason why you submitted two separate residences as part of your documents to USCIS who are deligently dedicatedly and constantly trying to find loose ends even with very strong petitions? I feel you should have sumitted just one place of mutual primary residence and rest easy! The only thing you can do now is explain to them in writing how and why both residences came about alongside supporting documents then you should be fine!๐Ÿ‘

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.