2,962 posts in this topic

Just now, Ana FL said:

They wouldnโ€™t allow me to schedule an infopass either here in Miami. They said infopass was only to get the passport stamps.

This is new, I know a friend we made info pass here in NYC and she got it. To make sure her address was update, this is why I am surprise some officer are not giving info pass.ย 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
8 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

This is new, I know a friend we made info pass here in NYC and she got it. To make sure her address was update, this is why I am surprise some officer are not giving info pass.ย 

I received this email yesterday as well. All i requested was tier 2 call to know my status update.ย 

ย 

image.png.5a33ba1bd7abb6eff69be6b739dac24a.png

13 minutes ago, Aadi135 said:

I received this email yesterday as well. All i requested was tier 2 call to know my status update.ย 

ย 

ValeryK received same notice upon inquiry.. this has to be a new thing with USCIS and is definitely messed up! This has been the most effective way of getting closure on cases for so long damn!๐Ÿ‘Ž

3 minutes ago, monoxidelullaby said:

Hey everyone, I just came back from my I-485 interview, it was at Federal Plaza in NYC, Queens field office. Just wanted to share my experience, I arrived 30 minutes earlier, there was a security check up, went to the 4th floor and got a ticket with number on it. I was really nervous before coming in, it was a stressful week as I got interview notice 2 weeks before my interview date and I was rushing to get everything done. I was in the waiting area and a nice lady came in and said my name, she was so pleasant and nice, she only asked me when was I born, when did I get divorced and when was the last time I entered USA. And YES/NO questions from my I-485 form and that's it. Didn't even look at any of my documents, only took copies of my divorce decree and my passport, we were laughing whole time, I was making some jokes and she laughed haha, she said "Ah you make my job so much easier" and asked me if I had any other questions. I said no and she said I should expect a decision in the mail and gave me white paper. Overall it was a 15 min experience and I am really happy withย the outcome, I know I gave my best for everything.

Waiting for the updates and will update once I get the notifications.

ย 

TIMELINE:

ย 

June 2017 - Same sex marriage

August 2018 - filled VAWA, I-485

March 2020 - VAWA approved

July 2020 - case at NYC local office

February 2021 - interview day

ย Oh ok nice congrats in advance!๐Ÿ‘

Hello good people... I am planning on doing my divorce with my abuser and I want to ask if the divorce must be on "fault" grounds (so that it can support my vawa case) or on "no fault" grounds. I feel if I do on fault grounds, my abuser might not sign but on no fault grounds, she would sign. Does fault or no fault grounds divorce matter?

Filed: Timeline
20 minutes ago, Abuga said:

Hello good people... I am planning on doing my divorce with my abuser and I want to ask if the divorce must be on "fault" grounds (so that it can support my vawa case) or on "no fault" grounds. I feel if I do on fault grounds, my abuser might not sign but on no fault grounds, she would sign. Does fault or no fault grounds divorce matter?

Every jurisdiction has different requirements for divorce. For USCIS purposes they don't care what grounds you use and it's OK if the divorce doesn't mention the abuse. What you do not want is have is any wording of fraud or mutual abuse/you were the abuser.ย  So if your ex attempts to have such included you need to fight against it. This means either negotiating so it's not included or having a Judge rule on it in your favor.ย 

Timeline
4 hours ago, monoxidelullaby said:

Hey everyone, I just came back from my I-485 interview, it was at Federal Plaza in NYC, Queens field office. Just wanted to share my experience, I arrived 30 minutes earlier, there was a security check up, went to the 4th floor and got a ticket with number on it. I was really nervous before coming in, it was a stressful week as I got interview notice 2 weeks before my interview date and I was rushing to get everything done. I was in the waiting area and a nice lady came in and said my name, she was so pleasant and nice, she only asked me when was I born, when did I get divorced and when was the last time I entered USA. And YES/NO questions from my I-485 form and that's it. Didn't even look at any of my documents, only took copies of my divorce decree and my passport, we were laughing whole time, I was making some jokes and she laughed haha, she said "Ah you make my job so much easier" and asked me if I had any other questions. I said no and she said I should expect a decision in the mail and gave me white paper. Overall it was a 15 min experience and I am really happy withย the outcome, I know I gave my best for everything.

Waiting for the updates and will update once I get the notifications.

ย 

TIMELINE:

ย 

June 2017 - Same sex marriage

August 2018 - filled VAWA, I-485

March 2020 - VAWA approved

July 2020 - case at NYC local office

February 2021 - interview day

Soo goodย 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 2/17/2021 at 2:10 PM, sam012019 said:

hey guys, can you please advise me if you can work using prima facie letter (which expires in a month)while waiting for renewal of EAD c09?ย 

No, Your extension letter is the only document that allows your EAD to be used beyond expiration date.ย ย 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journeyย 

ย 

ย 

Timeline
6 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

Are this a new thing??? @sandranjย  Vawa applicant can't request a info pass now?. This is the first time I am seeing this. They are strictly now only inquiry in Vermont Service Center.ย ย 

She asked about her EAD Status, they is why they did not answer her.ย ย 

ย 

ย 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Aadi135 said:

ย 

You cannot make any inquiry or an infopass to check on status of your petitions.ย  You can make one for address change.ย ย 

ย 

ย 

2 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

She asked about her EAD Status, they is why they did not answer her.ย ย 

The main reason was to update my address because I submitted change of address form two months ago but they keep sending mail to abuserโ€™s addressย 

2 minutes ago, ValeryK said:

The main reason was to update my address because I submitted change of address form two months ago but they keep sending mail to abuserโ€™s addressย 

Read what villanelle wrote it might be a reason for the emails you guys are getting I'm not sure but it just might be!๐Ÿ’

2 hours ago, Abuga said:

Well since you're the one initiating the divorce you do not have to worry too much.. it would only be concerning if your spouse is accusing you of immigration fraud but if this is not the case, the grounds for the divorce doesn't matter so go ahead!๐Ÿ‘

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.