2,962 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, ValeryK said:

Yes, it’s getting delayed for me. One was filed in July 2019 and still pending!!! 
Another one was filed in July 2020, and nothing yet. Mailed an expedite request, they received it on January 13, but nothing yet 

Thanks for sharing your experience, will the employer let you work with expired ead and prima facie(which is expiring in a month)

53 minutes ago, sam012019 said:

hey guys, can you please advise me if you can work using prima facie letter (which expires in a month)while waiting for renewal of EAD c09? 

No, the prima facie letter can't be used for work.

However, a receipt notice for I-765 extends the validity of your C09 EAD for 180 days, as long as you filed for renewal while the old EAD was still valid.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Update, I called USCIS, guy took my info and said someone will call me to schedule info pass, is it the usual case or they schedule right away over the call for you? TIA

9 minutes ago, Aadi135 said:

Update, I called USCIS, guy took my info and said someone will call me to schedule info pass, is it the usual case or they schedule right away over the call for you? TIA

The officer will called you, sometimes can take 2 days, don't worry. They will schedule. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

The officer will called you, sometimes can take 2 days, don't worry. They will schedule. 

Thank you so much, really appreciate, just needed to make sure if that is the process or if i need to call again. Thank you, god bless you, 

2 hours ago, Aadi135 said:

did they give you a number from which you should expect a call?

Last time i did that and they gave me the number which would come up on my caller ID. 

1 hour ago, balo101 said:

did they give you a number from which you should expect a call?

Last time i did that and they gave me the number which would come up on my caller ID. 

I tried to schedule infopass to make sure my address was changed and to expedite my EAD, but when they called they said they can’t do that. In a few minutes after their phone call I received this email: 

E0CBB4D0-8C53-49ED-BA28-DF1E0492EFD7.png

Hello fam,

I started my divorce process and they are asking for my estranged spouse address to start the process. I obviously do not have his current address, I dont even have idea where he is currently and they are saying without his address they cannot move further with the divorce process. I do not know where and how to find him, please can I actually divorce without his signature? how long will the process take and what it entails. Please advice @stillwinnig @Sandranj.

Filed: Other Timeline
5 minutes ago, Lish said:

Hello fam,

I started my divorce process and they are asking for my estranged spouse address to start the process. I obviously do not have his current address, I dont even have idea where he is currently and they are saying without his address they cannot move further with the divorce process. I do not know where and how to find him, please can I actually divorce without his signature? how long will the process take and what it entails. Please advice @stillwinnig @Sandranj.

Please use the last known address and you'll be fine

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, Aadi135 said:

If you don't ve any attorney, besides AR-11 write a covering letter to update your residential address.  For info pass they 'll call you within a week or two- get ready for a call !

13 hours ago, ValeryK said:

I tried to schedule infopass to make sure my address was changed and to expedite my EAD, but when they called they said they can’t do that. In a few minutes after their phone call I received this email: 

E0CBB4D0-8C53-49ED-BA28-DF1E0492EFD7.png

Are this a new thing??? @sandranj  Vawa applicant can't request a info pass now?. This is the first time I am seeing this. They are strictly now only inquiry in Vermont Service Center.  

38 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

Are this a new thing??? @sandranj  Vawa applicant can't request a info pass now?. This is the first time I am seeing this. They are strictly now only inquiry in Vermont Service Center.  

They wouldn’t allow me to schedule an infopass either here in Miami. They said infopass was only to get the passport stamps.

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.