2,962 posts in this topic

I have a question in regards to the aos interview. I was talking to my neighbor who is married and went in for her i485 interview without her husband and told them to hold it bec she was waiting for the I360 to be approved so I guess she asked for an abatement...but now she said Their relAtionship has been getting better so she is ok with Just going for the marriage green card interview . Is that ok for her to call usCis and say she doesn't want the abatement anymore?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Dear friends 

I got an RFE for medical from the field office.

I tried to print out the form but the bard code under the form is not printing out is this ok or we definitely need a small bar code at the end of the form I-693

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/8/2021 at 2:27 PM, Faith2020 said:

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing great. So I have an issue and I’m freaking out. 

I first received a RFE back in October and I my uscis account stated that they sent me a new Request for additional evidence today. Should I worry? Is it a bad sign ? 

thank you so much in advance. 

The RFE  can ask  the person to prove good faith marriage and/or abuse as welL, but sometimes they ask some document the person  didn't submit. You have to wait to read the RFE.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline
3 minutes ago, trishytrish said:

I am writing an inquiry letter to USCIS. Does it have to be typed or handwritten? Does that even matter? Also, what salutation do you use for letters to immigration?  

Ask your congress person to inquire on your behalf because immigration won't answer your request.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, LA213 said:

I have a question in regards to the aos interview. I was talking to my neighbor who is married and went in for her i485 interview without her husband and told them to hold it bec she was waiting for the I360 to be approved so I guess she asked for an abatement...but now she said Their relAtionship has been getting better so she is ok with Just going for the marriage green card interview . Is that ok for her to call usCis and say she doesn't want the abatement anymore?

She had her interview already, she can't just ask to have another one.

Just now, sandranj said:

Ask your congress person to inquire on your behalf because immigration won't answer your request.

I would just like to verify that they received the amended form that was sent, they never confirmed with the lawyer. Also would like to ask for prima facile extension, they never just send an extension. Asked congressman since November  and they haven’t gotten back to me. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Faith2020 said:

Please does anyone here have experienced two RFE on their I-360? I got a second one and I’m freaking out. Please share your experience. 

Some people here got the second RFE.

Timeline
On 2/8/2021 at 2:37 PM, sheima said:

RFE is not a bad sign, usually it makes your case run faster, I say it’s a good sign 

There is no legal provision for what you are saying here. The RFE doesn't make a case  faster, it's the opposite.

Hello VJ Fam,

For those who have received their GC already with their kids, did you have to apply for your kids' SSN with SSA office or they sent the SSN card to you by mail because USCIS applied automatically?

Thanks in advance and for those who are still waiting, hang in there. Your time will come! 

Timeline
On 2/8/2021 at 9:48 AM, sheima said:

I f you have already submitted your I-485 package to Vermont,  then you don’t have to submit another one with Uscis, but if not, you need the I-360 approval notice in your I-485 package to Uscis address not Vermont, you need to send your I -485 and I-765 to National Benefits Centre 850 NW CHIPMAN RD SUITE 5000, LEE’s  SUMMIT , MO 64063.

You are wrong. ALL documents must be submitted to VSC.

Timeline
53 minutes ago, goodVibes said:

Hello lovely people!

I just got a notification on my phone via the case status app that my i130 is now in the “New Card is Being Produced” stage. I’m guessing that’s probably an EAD, correct?

Congratulations 🗽🇺🇸 Can you please share your timeline? Thanks 

31 minutes ago, goodVibes said:

Ok I meant i360 😅

Yes!!!! Congrats!

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

1 hour ago, Braveheart123 said:

Dear friends 

I got an RFE for medical from the field office.

I tried to print out the form but the bard code under the form is not printing out is this ok or we definitely need a small bar code at the end of the form I-693

The USCIS designate doctor print and fill out this form for you. It seems the NYC Local office is sending RFE for medical for certain cases to move forward for approval instead on sending interviews. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.