2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Aadi135 said:

Hello All, I guess my friend is dragging herself into more trouble, Experts please suggest what you think will be better for her. 

She was married to non-citizen before coming to US, they had daughter and divorced 3 years later. She then married to US citizen last year and they are having lot of issues and she is planning to file VAWA. However, shes pregnant now,  She hate him so much that she do not want to mention anywhere father's information for this unborn baby. 

Can she just be single parent or refuse to share father's information? Shes even ready to give that baby her Ex-husband's name than her abuser husband. She is planning for abortion as things are getting more complicated for her. I asked her to wait for sometime if we can find some answers here.  

Legally any child that she gives birth to during her marriage is her husband's.  Even if they are separated.  Also, depending on state family law, the hospital automatically puts his name on birth certificate.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

On 1/28/2021 at 1:21 PM, TexasVAWA said:

I did not file I-485 twice . I only filed I-485 when I filed I-130 . 

I would suggest you file another I-485 this time attached to your approved I-360 because most likely the I-485 denied was attached to the i-130 so now you need another I-485 attached to your approved I-360

I hope I’m making sense 

6 minutes ago, Achyb said:

Hi, all I had my green card interview on the 25th Jan and was approved. So this is how it was. First I should advice everyone to be on the lookout for their mails as my online status never changed from june 2018. I got my interview letter on the 19th of jan and only had 4 days that includes the Saturday (23rd) to do my medicals and God knows how terrified and anxious I was. I only paid $178 (NJ) for my physicals as for the vaccines I used my previous shots ( that I did when I had the ( I-130)as proof that I had the vaccines I only had to do the flu shot and blood work to show  my immunity. Luckily again my results were out the next day. Well on the the 25th I went to my interview waited about 56 min to be called in ( I was so nervous kept checking the time,) Finally Am called in. The IO swore me Questions 

1. what’s your full name

2. Date of birth

3. whats you’re address 

4. About 6 yes/no questions 

5. Asked if I have Kids...said Yes 1 IO congratulations 

6. Are you still married to this guy. Yes...IO get a divorce from that guy and move on

IO then excuses himself goes to another office I over hear him speak to someone else... am like Oh my God now what... He comes back and asks is this a safe address to send your documents I said yes Sir, then he says well we’re good here if you here from me within a week then it’s not good if you don’t expect a green card in 2 weeks. He says he will look at my file in the afternoon I said thank you he walked me out. I go home and boom you’re APPROVED. Got an email no text updates. That was on Monday then Friday I got my approval letter now waiting for the card. 
I could swear it me less than 8min in there it was so fast. I wish everyone nothing but the best and God’s blessings. My file date was May 2018 , No prima facie, I-360  Approval Oct 7th 2020, interview 25th Jan 2021. One RFE , GMC, and proof of abuse.... my only evidence was my written statement and two from friends nothing else, and see what God did. With God everything is possible have faith stay strong.

Congratulations!

7 minutes ago, Achyb said:

Hi, all I had my green card interview on the 25th Jan and was approved. So this is how it was. First I should advice everyone to be on the lookout for their mails as my online status never changed from june 2018. I got my interview letter on the 19th of jan and only had 4 days that includes the Saturday (23rd) to do my medicals and God knows how terrified and anxious I was. I only paid $178 (NJ) for my physicals as for the vaccines I used my previous shots ( that I did when I had the ( I-130)as proof that I had the vaccines I only had to do the flu shot and blood work to show  my immunity. Luckily again my results were out the next day. Well on the the 25th I went to my interview waited about 56 min to be called in ( I was so nervous kept checking the time,) Finally Am called in. The IO swore me Questions 

1. what’s your full name

2. Date of birth

3. whats you’re address 

6. Are you still married to this guy. Yes...IO get a divorce from that guy and move on

IO then excuses himself goes to another office I over hear him speak to someone else... am like Oh my God now what... He comes back and asks is this a safe address to send your documents I said yes Sir, then he says well we’re good here if you here from me within a week then it’s not good if you don’t expect a green card in 2 weeks. He says he will look at my file in the afternoon I said thank you he walked me out. I go home and boom you’re APPROVED. Got an email no text updates. That was on Monday then Friday I got my approval letter now waiting for the card. 
I could swear it me less than 8min in there it was so fast. I wish everyone nothing but the best and God’s blessings. My file date was May 2018 , No prima facie, I-360  Approval Oct 7th 2020, interview 25th Jan 2021. One RFE , GMC, and proof of abuse.... my only evidence was my written statement and two from friends nothing else, and see what God did. With God everything is possible have faith stay strong.

Congratulations!what State are you from?

8 minutes ago, Achyb said:

1. what’s your full name

2. Date of birth

3. whats you’re address 

Congratulations!🎉🎊🎉😀 beautiful one there.. I hope others are encouraged!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 minute ago, Optimistic1986 said:

Congratulations!what State are you from?

Thank you. Am from New Jersey 

12 minutes ago, Achyb said:

1. what’s your full name

2. Date of birth

3. whats you’re address 

Congrats!! 🎉 

that was super quick from approval to interview!! 

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Achyb said:

1. what’s your full name

2. Date of birth

3. whats you’re address 

Congratulations 🗽🇺🇸

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, MrDoubleThums said:

Hey everyone, I hope to see many more approvals on this thread.

Can someone give me their timeline for c9 EAD, I filed a c9 EAD two weeks after filing my i360/i485 and would like to have an idea of how long it's taking EAD approvals.

Hi there and welcome to the main thread of VAWA filers!

Glad you've already filed the I-759 (c9). The timing is hard to predict. During spring/summer Covid mess many of us who filed then are facing major back ups. Especially with biometrics appointments. USPS also did not help with holidays and election on top of the pandemic. On the contrary, newer filers seem to have their applications rolling faster. Seems like up to Sept is the cut off. Other filers faced a delay with notices, cancelled appointments and interviews, which added to the backlog. That's my personal view and hope for at least the new applications to get normal treatment and the ones in a backlog to be 'reimbursed' down the line.

I'm going to put my timeline separately for to be easier on the eyes. Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Ana FL said:

Congrats!! 🎉 

that was super quick from approval to interview!! 

I know right, thanks 🙏... 

10 minutes ago, sheima said:

Congratulations 🗽🇺🇸

Thank you 🙏 

Timeline

My timeline so far is:

07/21/2020 Mailed all to VSC

07/24/2020 Case received I-360, I-465, I-131, I-765 (My priority date)

07/28/2020 Notices sent for all four

07/30/2020 Check cashed

08/05/2020 Notice received by lawyer, emailed copy to me. All four receipts.

08/27/2020 Received divorce decree dated 8/19/2020

10/09/2020 Lawyer mailed my fingerprint card to FBI. It took about 2 month to get a clearance certificate.

11/13/2020 Got notice for biometrics appointment for i-485 and i-765. Dated 11/7

11/30/2020 Completed biometrics in Philadelphia ASC

12/1/2020 USCIS updated online that fingerprints have been applied to i-485 and i-765 on 11/30. Nothing on i131 since filing

12/07/2020 Lawyer replied to RFE

12/30/2020 Update that my RFE reply has been received. (On Saturday! Go figure!)

01/13/2021 Lawyer sent an expedite request for EAD/AP. AP was within a week of being outside of normal processing times. A couple days later USCIS moved dates for AP a month back.

I wish all of workplaces would allow moving a deadline or shrink quotas when someone can't meet them.

Until today 2/2/2021 no updates on any forms.

Hope others will have better luck! Wish us all the best!🙏

Edited by Mish20

Timeline

***somehow with edits this part has disappeared and it won't let me edit again***

9/18/2020 USCIS sent me a request for additional evidence dated 9/11. I received it on 9/29/2020. It is for a good moral character for i-360. Lawyer said to go do private fingerprints to be sent to FBI.

10/09/2020 Lawyer mailed my fingerprint card to FBI.

1 hour ago, Achyb said:

1. what’s your full name

2. Date of birth

3. whats you’re address 

Congratulations!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.