2,962 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, TexasVAWA said:

Thank you so much. Thank you for your  suggestion . I heard  few bad stories about  lawyer played  with members in our forum. Before I go to lawyer I am gathering idea from our forum so that I do not make any silly  mistake . Also lawyer won't be able to mess around with me as she/he will know that I am well informed. 

Please send a message to Ms. @sandranj she's a very good lawyer. I'm sure she'll be able to guide you. So sorry for the pain you must be feeling. Better days are still ahead

8 hours ago, Dima88 said:

Hi guys. I have a question if anybody can answer. My 360 was approved on Sep 2020 but I'm still waiting for my green card or interview.

Last time I tried to change my drivers license to another state but I couldn't change it.
because a lady at the dmv checked my prove of address mails from Amazon, they told mails from Amazon is good to prove the address,

checked my EAD and typed something on her computer and told that she can't change my license today because she couldn't find my EAD on their system. 
After that she said, now she needs to send a letter to immigration office asking is this EAD is real or not, or I don't know some kind of letter. And then she said in 2-3 weeks I will receive a mail from immigration office. After that I can come with that mail and change my drivers license.

But my real address is in my previous state and my vawa case is also in my previous state. 
I just wanted to change my license to another state because I have some moving violation tickets on my license. And my traffic lawyer suggested me to change it to the different state to prevent suspension. 
Now I start to worry about the letter that dmv lady sent to immigration office. 
What do you think is it gonna effect my vawa case badly? 
Is it normal to change drivers license to another state when your case is ongoing in the previous state?

Hello, I am not a lawyer but what I know is every time you go to DMV to get or renew your driving license, they scan your EAD and send out to USCIS for conformation. This usually takes 45m-1hour to hear back from USCIS or they will tell you to go home and you will receive email with in 3 days from DMV saying USCIS has replied, you can come and process your driving license and I am assuming this is what happened to you.

USCIS requires you let them know your change of address with in 10days but your mailing address for the purpose of your I-360 case could stay the same. All VAWA cases are sent out to Vermont but your I-485 interview will be held in your local office based on your physical address so yea do change your address with USCIS if you are going to get new driving license so that you avoid issue with the interview officer who might refuse to conduct the interview due to change of address.

There is nothing the "DMV lady" can send that could affect your VAWA case. She was only verifying your documents.

Moving violations tickets are not bar to VAWA nor to Adjustment of status  and even if she sent out anything to USCIS you will still be fine.

Yes it is okay to change address after filling, all they want you to do is let them know the change of address which you can do after obtaining new driving license. Just make sure to do it the right way, may be through your lawyer if you have one because some times they  change the address for one case and leave the other one as it is and put you in a lot off mess.  

2 minutes ago, isurvived said:

Please send a message to Ms. @sandranj she's a very good lawyer. I'm sure she'll be able to guide you. So sorry for the pain you must be feeling. Better days are still ahead

I should have actually tagged Sandra . I am gonna tag her the post . Thank you so much. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
8 hours ago, Dima88 said:

Hi guys. I have a question if anybody can answer. My 360 was approved on Sep 2020 but I'm still waiting for my green card or interview.

Last time I tried to change my drivers license to another state but I couldn't change it.
because a lady at the dmv checked my prove of address mails from Amazon, they told mails from Amazon is good to prove the address,

checked my EAD and typed something on her computer and told that she can't change my license today because she couldn't find my EAD on their system. 
After that she said, now she needs to send a letter to immigration office asking is this EAD is real or not, or I don't know some kind of letter. And then she said in 2-3 weeks I will receive a mail from immigration office. After that I can come with that mail and change my drivers license.

But my real address is in my previous state and my vawa case is also in my previous state. 
I just wanted to change my license to another state because I have some moving violation tickets on my license. And my traffic lawyer suggested me to change it to the different state to prevent suspension. 
Now I start to worry about the letter that dmv lady sent to immigration office. 
What do you think is it gonna effect my vawa case badly? 
Is it normal to change drivers license to another state when your case is ongoing in the previous state?

Hi! it sounds like a standard process in many states DMV. If you're not a permanent resident yet (just pending petition), and when they check your EAD the respond doesn't come right away, they have to submit the request for SAVE Case check. I am in Pa and had to do that about a month ago. As soon as the system will confirm that you have a pending petition, DMV will mail you a letter to the address you have submitted at DMV. You bring this letter and your docs again, and they will issue your license no problem

3 hours ago, TexasVAWA said:

Hi,

I just received the letter of my I-485 denial . I am sharing the screenshots orderly . Also attached the whole denial letter including all the pages in pdf as attachment . Please give me suggestion as I have to do do something sooner within 30 days . 

Note: The main issue is I have been in F1 visa til now. Never used EAD card from I-485 or vawa . I have been using  EAD for F1 too. Also I traveled with my f1 visa . I was actually scared to be in unlawful status . 

I really don't know what to do . It has been giving me anxiety since I received the notification . I couldn't even sleep properly since then . Please help me what should I do in this situation. 

1.thumb.jpg.532e88e69e2bb5e6e09f6b35bfef46b5.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.826cf01dd59ed9b5cba389906cb84492.jpg

7.thumb.jpg.8918a55e29a8abe5aa538515266128d6.jpg

combinepdf.pdf 1.13 MB · 3 downloads

@sandranj.   Could you give some input here  ?

Hi,

I just received the letter of my I-485 denial . I am sharing the screenshots orderly . Also attached the whole denial letter including all the pages in pdf as attachment . Please give me suggestion as I have to do do something sooner within 30 days . 

Note: The main issue is I have been in F1 visa til now. Never used EAD card from I-485 or vawa . I have been using  EAD for F1 too. Also I traveled with my f1 visa . I was actually scared to be in unlawful status . 

I really don't know what to do . It has been giving me anxiety since I received the notification . I couldn't even sleep properly since then . Please help me what should I do in this situation. 

I am so sorry. Please file another i485 based on approved i360

1 minute ago, Shroy123 said:

I am so sorry. Please file another i485 based on approved i360

Thank you for your suggestion . Alright . I will  start preparing the filing soon. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi,

Just refile  I-485

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

4 hours ago, TexasVAWA said:

Hi,

combinepdf.pdf 1.13 MB · 4 downloads

Hello dear! I am sorry this happen to you. I am new here and my thoughts might not matter much but I got to say this to you every thing happens for reason and you might not see it now but keep your faith intact and move on. You have un approved VAWA case so just go ahead and file a new I-485 and I-765 fast so that you get your work permit. All this motion to reopen requires proof and in your case I don't think it will work and beside you will need a lawyer for that and they are not cheap. 

And if you are having hardship(may be due to the pandemic and your income have decreased) and if you can prove that, apply for I912 with your I485,I765,I131 

I recently filled all my cases and they did approved my fee wavier even though I made way more than the poverty guideline o my tax return. Hope this helps, and stay strong it is only a delay of maximum 1 year hopefully less. 

1 hour ago, IWA123 said:

Hello dear! I am sorry this happen to you. I am new here and my thoughts might not matter much but I got to say this to you every thing happens for reason and you might not see it now but keep your faith intact and move on. You have un approved VAWA case so just go ahead and file a new I-485 and I-765 fast so that you get your work permit. All this motion to reopen requires proof and in your case I don't think it will work and beside you will need a lawyer for that and they are not cheap. 

And if you are having hardship(may be due to the pandemic and your income have decreased) and if you can prove that, apply for I912 with your I485,I765,I131 

I recently filled all my cases and they did approved my fee wavier even though I made way more than the poverty guideline o my tax return. Hope this helps, and stay strong it is only a delay of maximum 1 year hopefully less. 

Hello Dear, Thank you so much for your response .It does not matter if you are new or not . The statements you mentioned definitely makes sense and that's actually a good idea . Thanks for taking time to share your suggestions . I  am preparing myself to make the files ready as soon as possible . 

8 hours ago, TexasVAWA said:

Hello Dear, Thank you so much for your response .It does not matter if you are new or not . The statements you mentioned definitely makes sense and that's actually a good idea . Thanks for taking time to share your suggestions . I  am preparing myself to make the files ready as soon as possible . 

Sorry to hear that. Before filing a new i-485, try to consult a lawyer who knows immigration laws it may cost u a 100$ consultation fee. It may be a problem that can be resolved with a motivation letter explaining laws in it and showing the immigration officer how vawa applicants are forgiven for these kinds of inadmissibilities using some immigration laws and demonstrating them in that letter.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello All, I guess my friend is dragging herself into more trouble, Experts please suggest what you think will be better for her. 

She was married to non-citizen before coming to US, they had daughter and divorced 3 years later. She then married to US citizen last year and they are having lot of issues and she is planning to file VAWA. However, shes pregnant now,  She hate him so much that she do not want to mention anywhere father's information for this unborn baby. 

Can she just be single parent or refuse to share father's information? Shes even ready to give that baby her Ex-husband's name than her abuser husband. She is planning for abortion as things are getting more complicated for her. I asked her to wait for sometime if we can find some answers here.  

Filed: Other Timeline
14 hours ago, TexasVAWA said:

Hi,

combinepdf.pdf 1.13 MB · 4 downloads

I am just praying almighty God to resolve this issue for you. Please be strong and also pray, it will get resolved 🙏

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey everyone, I hope to see many more approvals on this thread.

Can someone give me their timeline for c9 EAD, I filed a c9 EAD two weeks after filing my i360/i485 and would like to have an idea of how long it's taking EAD approvals.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.