2,962 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I perceive that your interview is close by.. so what you can do is be on the lookout (alert) and if you do not have an attorney, you can always check with your Congressman so that you can escape USCIS messiness! Looks like not everybody gets interview letter on time!👍

Yes i am at the look up, My interview will be sent to my lawyer address, I contacted Congressman last September They said my Vawa is still undergoing Vawa - preprocessing at NBC, since is a new congress man at my district I may contacted them, as well. This wait is so desperate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

So, USCIS did not sent interview letter? I know another person missed her I-485 interview but she never received the interview letter. This worries me, can you share your timeline if I remember your local office is NY or did it change. 

Documents that apply to you: 

Birth Certificate

Passport

EAD cards

I-94 

Marriage certificate

Divorce Decree 

Income Tax, (W2s, Letter from employer) 

Correct, my congresswoman made an inquiry and I received an email with a copy of my interview letter. Never received anything in the mail. 

2 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

Yes i am at the look up, My interview will be sent to my lawyer address, I contacted Congressman last September They said my Vawa is still undergoing Vawa - preprocessing at NBC, since is a new congress man at my district I may contacted them, as well. This wait is so desperate.

I know dear, the wait ain't easy but you're almost there!❤

Timeline
1 minute ago, John_ said:

Correct, my congresswoman made an inquiry and I received an email with a copy of my interview letter. Never received anything in the mail. 

VAWA sent 01/28/2018

VAWA approved 08/13/2019

I-485 interview 02/01/2021

Queens Field Office

3 minutes ago, John_ said:

Wow! you escaped their messiness by a hair's breadth!  talk about the hand of God!😊🎉🎊

1 minute ago, John_ said:

VAWA sent 01/28/2018

VAWA approved 08/13/2019

I-485 interview 02/01/2021

Queens Field Office

Your I-485 was marriage base and put on hold? or you sent it along with Vawa. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Wow! you escaped their messiness by a hair's breadth!  talk about the hand of God!😊🎉🎊

This is so true 🙏🏻 I did have a feeling I should inquire about my interview and guess what? I knew...

Just now, John_ said:

This is so true 🙏🏻 I did have a feeling I should inquire about my interview and guess what? I knew...

Wao your are the second person from NY with this same issue, but the other person did not inquiry and she missed the interview, only received denial letter. I will be inquiry. 

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
17 minutes ago, John_ said:

I am also from NYC  I been approved and September, 2018 and still haven't received and interview

contact my congresswoman October was the last update I am waiting for a date to be interviewed,So on Monday I have send request to get assistance from the Ombudsman so Crossing my fingers something happens soon 

Hope everyone doing good 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, John_ said:

Hello

I had my I-485 interview scheduled for next 02/01/2021 but I only found out it today after receiving an email from my congresswoman.

what documents should I bring to the interview?

Congrats! I agree with 2 people that already sent you lists and try to add your medicals as well. They have you do bloodwork, for me it took around 4 days, but Im sure some labs can do expedite tests, just call as many places as you can to bring your medicals to the interview. If your old ones expired you will definitely get an RFE if you don't bring them.

7 hours ago, Mwalumba said:

Hello everyone, I have been separated from my US citizen spouse for a year left after we had a domestic violence incident and I called the cops. He has since gone on to claim taxes as married has been getting stimulus checks for us both and has not even bothered to let me know of this. He also started threatening the relatives I was living with telling them to put me out because they let me live with them that was the reason I wasn't returning to live with him. I am considering filing for divorce as not to carry on mingling our finances but I am not sure what effect this will have on me filing VAWA also what type of divorce do I file for as I am in Texas. I know that I need a Psych Eval any advice on that?

I do not know the details for type of divorce, but I definitely recommend filing for any kind tbh. You can apply for VAWA within 2 years of divorce, so you have plenty of time.

Yes try to do psych evaluation for 6+ sessions, it will help your case.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
5 hours ago, 2020filer said:

Hi everyone, hope all is well. 

I had a question to people who already got their EAD and working. Do you have a retirement account? 

My VAWA hasn't been approved (was filed in Sept. 2020) but my employer provides 401k contributions. Since I am unsure whether I will have documents here, should I invest in retirement savings? Anyone had the same concern and can advise?

Thanks

I've been contributing to my Roth IRA for the past 18 months. Definitely recommended to contribute, particularly if your employer has a good match for 401k contributions. Little and often, start it early and you will reap the benefits in your later years

6 hours ago, 2020filer said:

Hi everyone, hope all is well. 

I had a question to people who already got their EAD and working. Do you have a retirement account? 

My VAWA hasn't been approved (was filed in Sept. 2020) but my employer provides 401k contributions. Since I am unsure whether I will have documents here, should I invest in retirement savings? Anyone had the same concern and can advise?

Thanks

I am contributing also and vawa has not been approved yet (feb 2020 filer)

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
7 hours ago, Villanelle said:

Just FYI- Currently there is a lot of postings online about a excessive delay in receipts being sent out not only for initial or renewal EADs but for those doing ROC (a process N/A for VAWA petitioners but causes those applicants similar issues with getting their DLs renewed).  If you have a tracking number for the package you sent you can email the lock box support email and they are suppose to look up your tracking number in their system and find out what happened to your package and receipt status  -however- people have done so (repeatedly) and have either gotten no response or a delayed response with a generic 'we are experience high workload (probably related to quarantining mail(?) or reduced workers or additional quarantining mail handling procedures (?) I dont know the email doesnt give any explanation) and we will get you a receipt asap' But no, you are not alone, not lagging behind, just stuck like many others because of the circumstances.

So you can attempt to email the lock box but dont expect it to work. It cant hurt. Since your EAD doesnt expire until April you have some time so dont start panicking yet! It may take a long time for you to get your receipt (maybe not until Feb or March) but it will be dated appropriately as received in Jan. 

Thanks so much ..I really appreciate this ..God bless you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.