2,962 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Please do not listen to this bullshit .I had hundreds of cases approved of women/men from Nigeria.One of them travelled to Nigeria  last Friday to visit her family,her case was approved 30 days ago. Please cut all toxic person out of your life , even if they are family members, if they know about the abuse and they want you to stay with your husband then they care about your  green card, not about  you. DO NOT WALK AWAY, RUN!

Yes it's different the timeline because VAWA is just adjudicated in Vermont.

Thank you somuch sandranj

Just now, Angelmia said:

Thank you somuch sandranj

6 minutes ago, sandranj said:

You had one I-485 pending when you went to the interview. You don't have a pending I-485 now because the officer denied your AOS.

Hmmmm. I filed I-485 only once with I-130 . This denial happened after the interview . Nope I do not have any pending I-485 now . Sharing the screenshot of I-485 decision from the case status . 

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 12.27.12 PM.png

20 minutes ago, TexasVAWA said:

Hi @sandranj , Yea . that  I was thinking . That why the officer denied both I-130 and I-485 while I-360 is approved . I will post here as soon as I get the mail. Thanks. 

Hi dear I don't think you should be freaked out this is going to be resolved it's probably an error somewhere I believe your I-485 was linked to your i-360 correct? I'm sure it'll be reopened and approved! Wait to get the letter and know the reason why.. then go from there!👍

20 minutes ago, TexasVAWA said:

Hmmmm. I filed I-485 only once with I-130 . This denial happened after the interview . Nope I do not have any pending I-485 now . Sharing the screenshot of I-485 decision from the case status . 

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 12.27.12 PM.png

When you get the letter you know for sure if there was any admissibility issues that influenced this decision!👍

33 minutes ago, Roger12 said:

Hi everyone! I just got an update on my I-485: “Case Transferred to another office”. How long in average does it take to get an interview notice by mail after case was transferred? I’m in NYC.

My timeline:

November 9th, 2017: VAWA I-360 was received.

December 18th, 2019: I responded to a RFE of good moral character, and I sent notarized letters from 12 different friends.

January 16, 2020: C31 Work permit was being produced.

June 25, 2020: I-360 was approved

October 22, 2020: USCIS received my I-485, I-765 and I-131

November 17, 2020: Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken

January 28, 2021: Case was transferred to another office

I can only give you an example with my own experience bearing in mind it's different for everyone. Some cases move pretty quickly while others just drag! My case was transferred to 'another office' in June 2019 and interview happened March 2020.. and yes I'm in NYC!👍

Timeline
1 hour ago, TexasVAWA said:

I don't know that either . He just asked me question fromI-485 like name , address , parents name , last entry , yes and no questions about history . And lastly, I told him I have a divorce document if you need that copy. He said yes . That's all . 

I believe he should know about he is taking the interview based on I-360. Right ?

The officer gave you a marriage based interview not vawa interview

3 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hi dear I don't think you should be freaked out this is going to be resolved it's probably an error somewhere I believe your I-485 was linked to your i-360 correct? I'm sure it'll be reopened and approved! Wait to get the letter and know the reason why.. then go from there!👍

Thank you so much . I am able to make me calm in this situation only because of you all. Yes I-485 is connected to I-350. Ok I will update this to our forum as soon as I get that . 

3 minutes ago, sheima said:

The officer gave you a marriage based interview not vawa interview

Oh .Yea your statement makes sense to me . That could be the reason.  So how they can make that kind of decision it's so frustrating though !  I thought they  keep the approved I-360 in their file during the interview. 

11 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

When you get the letter you know for sure if there was any admissibility issues that influenced this decision!👍

Thank you so much . : 😊 Yea . I understand now . I am eagerly waiting for the letter .  

Timeline
Just now, TexasVAWA said:

Oh .Yea your statement makes sense to me . That could be the reason.  So how they can make that kind of decision it's so frustrating though !  I thought they  keep the approved I-360 in their file during the interview. 

If Vermont office did not transfer any paperwork,  the officer will not have any

1 minute ago, sheima said:

If Vermont office did not transfer any paperwork,  the officer will not have any

Oh . I understand now .  I had my approval letter for I-360 with me . I provided whatever the officer wanted so that he does not get confused . So sounds like my I-360 approval is  overlooked . Thanks for your idea . This is making me to relax. I am honestly grateful to everyone in this group . As soon as I posted , I got the good response from the available members . 😊 

Filed: Timeline
7 minutes ago, sheima said:

Now, this makes alot of sense!

But don't you think when IO got the divorce decree she would have wondered, also he showed up solo for the interview.

So IO sees odd things and does not ask follow up questions? What kind of service is this surely?

Hello everyone.

I lived with my spouse only for a week. because i am currently in school in another state. Originally plan to move in after I finish school. But he has been mentally abusing me and threatening. I have text proofs. However I dont think the residence requirement is enough. How do I prove I resided with him? Are plane tickets good? I had credit card statements trascations made in his county.  What other evidence could I provide for the abuse? I did good moral and I made appointment for psychological evaluation. Also have four affidavit letters from friends, family and coworker. What should i do to win this case?

thank you

16 minutes ago, sabina4 said:

hi. how long after vawa is approved your i-485 gets transferred to your local office?, when this happens, does your case status changes to reflect that? and how soon after vawa approval you get the courtesy medical letter? thanks

Hi, the pattern I've seen here and from my own experience is mostly three months but sometimes it is transferred immediately and it doesn't always reflect on your case status.. you're not always updated! there were some people who had to enquire from their Congressman and found out that their I-485 was already at the local office! Also there's no fixed time to receive courtesy letter some people did not receive it. My VAWA was approved March 2019  and I got the courtesy letter in July 2019! I hope this helps.👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.