2,962 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Evasn said:

That'a amazing,  congrats! Did they ask you any questions at the entry? Also did you have covid test with you when coming here ? 

they just asked basic 2 questions, how long i stayed and the purpose of my trip. that's all.

Yes i did covid test before i left  USA and before i returned. Its mandatory for everyone. 

Dear Ms. Sandranj

I am an avid reader of your suggestions, I had contacted you earlier regarding my AOS (after VAWA got approved on Oct 2019) stuck on RFE received for 7 months.

I filled for ombudsman, and today was my interview. Even before my interview started the officer told me there is no way my case was going to be approved today as my ex husband is not a GC holder yet, but he is still going to do my interview. He kept looking for reasons to deny my interview for eg your medical needs to be done again, I told him it was submitted within 60 days ( doc signed 10/24/19 USCIS received 12/17/19).

He then asked me all the form I 485 questions, some questions he repeatedly asked. All my answers were no, except for 1 where I worked for prison as a staff. After couple of minutes he told me your case will be sent back to VSC and they will decide the outcome.

I am shocked to know that after being so close I may face removal proceeding.

Can you please help me? My case is with catholic charities, although I appreciate all their help but I feel they aren't very proactive. Please help.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, MYSTIC2429 said:

Dear Ms. Sandranj

I am an avid reader of your suggestions, I had contacted you earlier regarding my AOS (after VAWA got approved on Oct 2019) stuck on RFE received for 7 months.

I filled for ombudsman, and today was my interview. Even before my interview started the officer told me there is no way my case was going to be approved today as my ex husband is not a GC holder yet, but he is still going to do my interview. He kept looking for reasons to deny my interview for eg your medical needs to be done again, I told him it was submitted within 60 days ( doc signed 10/24/19 USCIS received 12/17/19).

He then asked me all the form I 485 questions, some questions he repeatedly asked. All my answers were no, except for 1 where I worked for prison as a staff. After couple of minutes he told me your case will be sent back to VSC and they will decide the outcome.

Can you please help me? My case is with catholic charities, although I appreciate all their help but I feel they aren't very proactive. Please help.

So is your husband a US CItizen or a LPR?  If he is not either one, then you filed the wrong form and do not qualify for VAWA.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

On 12/2/2020 at 11:45 AM, FeDaniela said:

Yes. You can apply for Advance parole having a pending I-485. Sent complete form I-131, appropriate fee $575.00 if you did not paid for your I-485, if you did paid i-485 fee, than no need to sent a fee just the copy of your I-485 receipt,. A copy of an official photo identity document. Two identical passport-style photographs of yourself. 

Yes I paid for i485 fee it was in 2017, thank so much for a precious information  FeDaniela

2 hours ago, MYSTIC2429 said:

Dear Ms. Sandranj

That’s weird.. what’s the immigration status of your husband? If he is not a US Citizen or Green card holder I don’t think you quality for vawa and AOS

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

4 hours ago, Risen said:

Hello everyone.

I just want to share my little joy and show appreciation to the forum.

I file Vawa August 2020.

I thought my journey in USA has ended few months ago, fear griped me and I couldn't think straight untill I found this forum.

I got prima facial few days ago after I submitted RFE for good moral character .

I got my first job in october ,

I bought my first car a week ago.

Am getting better with my child.

Am saying thank you to God and people God is using on this forum . God bless you all.

Hey! I’m very happy for you! You are doing a great job! We all familiar with a struggle of being a single parent...so you are doing awesome and will be doing even better! 
Congratulations with a job and a new car! 🎉

Soon or later you will get your VAWA approval and finally at least a little bit of stress associated with a immigration process will be taken away!

Way to go👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone. Congratulations to everyone who got approved. 

I applied in May and sent my RFE in November . My status now says USCIS had received my RFE and they have begun working on my case. And they will send me notifications or need more evidences. how long do you guys this will take? 

- I expedite request my EAD but since few days the status is still we received your case. I’m confused because others in the forum after making an expedite request usually received evidences request to support their case the next day or so and it’s 3 days already and I still have the same message. Do you guys have any idea of what’s going on or why haven’t received evidence request? thank you so much in advance. 

3 hours ago, MYSTIC2429 said:

Dear Ms. Sandranj

Your spouse needs to be a us citizen or gc holder. 
When you submitted your vawa, you didn’t attach your ex spouse us citizen or gc documents?

On 12/1/2020 at 6:04 AM, Godschild said:

Wishing everyone happy holidays and merry Christmas ahead of time. I’m expecting to have my baby any day now, so I’m going to be gone for a while. I pray everyone gets speedy approvals. Congratulations to all who’ve made it a step closer to the finish line and please celebrate every victory. The journey to citizenship is a marathon and not a sprint. We will get there, but patience is key. Please for new filers, send everything you’ve got the first time and don’t wait for RFE.  RFE increases your waiting period and that can be frustrating. Remember you don’t need an attorney to renew your EAD. It took me 5 mins to complete the form and mail renewals in. I learned that lesson the hard way, but I never spent a dime again. Be the light you want to see and pay it forward. I was supported by this forum, so Im here to support everyone on their journey. God bless you guys and your families. I look forward to reading all the approvals I’ve missed. 

Safe delivery hun!

Timeline
1 hour ago, gurgen said:

Hi again all. I received my GC yesterday and finally the long journey is over 🙏 

Here's my ultimate timeline;

- I'm an NYC, Queens Filer back from April 2017; filed I-360 and I-485 concurrently,

- RFE'd in August 2018 for more details/evidence about the abuse,

- I-360 was approved in January 2019

- Interview date: November 2020 (there were 19 days between the notice and the interview)

- And after the interview I've received the GC in 9 days.

The interview was very smooth and brief. Took about 15 minutes. My attorney was present on the phone during the interview, as well. 

IO was very nice and friendly, asked my passport, medicals, state ID, divorce decree. Didn't ask my taxes, or anything else. Didn't even ask most Y/N questions. 

So the whole thing took 3,5 years but this shouldn't scare you. It's NY first of all, second, I received an RFE that delayed the process I believe 5-6 months, third, there was goverment shutdown and this pandemic... 

Well, don't lose your hope, don't give up. The light is bright at the end of the tunnel!

Thank you all for answers and help, special thanks to @Stillwinning!!!😊 for being a first responder:p on my questions and for the encouragement, too. 

Wish you all fast approvals and happy holidays! So long and thanks for all the fish!

Congrats 

3 hours ago, gurgen said:

Hi again all. I received my GC yesterday and finally the long journey is over 🙏 

Here's my ultimate timeline;

- I'm an NYC, Queens Filer back from April 2017; filed I-360 and I-485 concurrently,

- RFE'd in August 2018 for more details/evidence about the abuse,

- I-360 was approved in January 2019

- Interview date: November 2020 (there were 19 days between the notice and the interview)

- And after the interview I've received the GC in 9 days.

The interview was very smooth and brief. Took about 15 minutes. My attorney was present on the phone during the interview, as well. 

IO was very nice and friendly, asked my passport, medicals, state ID, divorce decree. Didn't ask my taxes, or anything else. Didn't even ask most Y/N questions. 

So the whole thing took 3,5 years but this shouldn't scare you. It's NY first of all, second, I received an RFE that delayed the process I believe 5-6 months, third, there was goverment shutdown and this pandemic... 

Well, don't lose your hope, don't give up. The light is bright at the end of the tunnel!

Thank you all for answers and help, special thanks to @Stillwinning!!!😊 for being a first responder:p on my questions and for the encouragement, too. 

Wish you all fast approvals and happy holidays! So long and thanks for all the fish!

Congratulations hon! You made it!🌟💫🇺🇸🇺🇸😀👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.