2,962 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Angelmia said:

Hi . Please can you explain further. I have an ead that would soon expire. I met a lawyer on Monday and she said i have to file another one and pay 1260k, please if you can explain very well how you were able to do it? I am really trying to save because I will have to get my own place in Houston plus do lots of paper work. So should the lawyer write uscis to apply the pending i485 to my vawa case so in that way I don't pay another fee?

Is your i485 still active? Did you file for it with your spouse? If yes, and if your spouse didn’t withdraw the previous one, your lawyer should try to send the Uscis a letter, saying that you are applying for vawa and asking them to hold i485 in obeyance. It’s not 100% guaranteed that they will hold it (this is how my lawyer told me), but sometimes they do agree to hold it pending until your vawa is aproved. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, Angelmia said:

I really don't know how to use this forum yet . I keep scrolling and scrolling to find my post and that is why sometimes  my response is late

Everybody starts "new." :) 

To find your posts (one way to do it), hover your cursor over your profile name (left sidebar).

A box will appear.  Move your cursor to Find Content, click, then see all your posts.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
3 hours ago, Angelmia said:

Hello everyone. Please who can recommend a good therapist for me in Houston or Katy TX? I need  a center that also specializes  in immigration evaluation  and somewhere very affordable.  Thank you

I've sent you a private message (look at top right of your screen and click the Envelope icon) with some possible information.

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

@sandranj@Stillwinning!!!😊@Villanelle Today I got my case status updated and the I-485 case history is as under:

"January 20, 2021 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
January 20, 2021 We cancelled your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, and mailed you a cancellation notice.
August 3, 2018 We scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
March 22, 2017 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case."

I need  help  to understand which interview they cancelled, the one scheduled on 08-03-2018 based on  I-130/485 or the one based on I-360/485 ?
Second, can someone please let  me know as to where my I-485 file is located? Thanks

9 minutes ago, Hritik Rohail said:

@sandranj@Stillwinning!!!😊@Villanelle Today I got my case status updated and the I-485 case history is as under:

"January 20, 2021 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
January 20, 2021 We cancelled your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, and mailed you a cancellation notice.
August 3, 2018 We scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
March 22, 2017 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case."

I need  help  to understand which interview they cancelled, the one scheduled on 08-03-2018 based on  I-130/485 or the one based on I-360/485 ?
Second, can someone please let  me know as to where my I-485 file is located? Thanks

Hi.. relax, at this stage it has to be the I360/I485 based interview.. most interviews were cancelled because of the inauguration so you're not alone at all.. you will be rescheduled! Also if you're getting notification about scheduled or cancelled interview  your I485 is most likely at the local office.. you're also free to inquire through your Congressman for certainty!😊

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello everyone.
Should I respond to this response from the State Senator ?
Or is it just a courtesy letter (automatic reply)
I asked to clarify the course of my Сase.  there was also attached a file in the format to fill out, I was so tired of waiting that it seems to me that this is just a standard bylink for ALL (for any case)

Text

"Thank you for contacting our office. Before we are able to take any action, however, the person in need of assistance will need to complete and sign the attached Privacy Act Release Form. This form grants our office permission to act on your behalf, and gives the relevant federal agency or agencies permission to discuss your situation with us and release any pertinent information to our office."

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 minutes ago, natalysmile said:

Hello everyone.
Should I respond to this response from the State Senator ?
Or is it just a courtesy letter (automatic reply)
I asked to clarify the course of my Сase.  there was also attached a file in the format to fill out, I was so tired of waiting that it seems to me that this is just a standard bylink for ALL (for any case)

Text

"Thank you for contacting our office. Before we are able to take any action, however, the person in need of assistance will need to complete and sign the attached Privacy Act Release Form. This form grants our office permission to act on your behalf, and gives the relevant federal agency or agencies permission to discuss your situation with us and release any pertinent information to our office."

They have to have your signed permission to investigate your VAWA case.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Good Morning Everyone , 

I had my I-485 interview in January 7th . Today I received an email saying 

""Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS
Your Case Status: Initial Review
Your interview for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number Mxxxxxx, was completed, and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.""

"During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition."

Can somebody give idea what happens in this situation ? Is there any worse case scenario I should consider ?

Thanks.

Edited by TBoneTX
remove case number

12 hours ago, neimovirna said:

Is your i485 still active? Did you file for it with your spouse? If yes, and if your spouse didn’t withdraw the previous one, your lawyer should try to send the Uscis a letter, saying that you are applying for vawa and asking them to hold i485 in obeyance. It’s not 100% guaranteed that they will hold it (this is how my lawyer told me), but sometimes they do agree to hold it pending until your vawa is aproved. 

Hi dear . God bless you for responding. My i485 is active and i have ead. I filed it with my spouse. So if my lawyer mails the office. Will they keep renewing my ead

Timeline

Personal information has been edited out of a recent post.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello All, I am new here, please help me. I did not know this helpful forum exists. 

Here is my timeline, Married to US neutralized citizen in June 2019, Things didnt worked well, I literally ran away from home in September 2019. Filed just I-360 VAWA in April 2020, Received GMC RFE in May 2020, responded in same month. I moved to different  address, mail USCIS VSC to update the address. Filed I-485, I-765, and I-131 in November 2020. Received receipts of I-485 and I-765 but not I-131. Please help me with following, 

1. I moved again at new address. So i sent again documents to USCIS VSC and Harrisburg address for all (I-360, I-485, I-765) to update the address in December, no update yet. (Sent AR-11 form) As well as updated address online for 485 and 765 online as well. How i can make sure they really updated my address? I am really worried and dont want to miss any communication from USCIS. What is correct way to update the address with USCIS? 

2. Reached out to congressmen last month and asked to assist to locate I-131, if they missed to send that receipt or they are not processing it. What i can do to make sure they are working on I-131 as well? I USCIS mail as well asking for I-131 details in December around 2nd week, no reply yet. TIA @sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊  @Shroy123

Please help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.