2,962 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Hello, I also received RFE for psychological evaluation :( do I really need to sign in for a therapy after such a long time of leaving my abuser? This is going to be really super hard for me. If so, anyone knows free of charge or cheap psychologists places in Miami? Thank you

It's something so important you were suppossed to do for your mental health and wellbeing soon as you went through abuse which would have come through for you now that USCIS is asking for proof.. well I've seen people here who made it without the evaluation but I must say it's very rare.. the problem is the RFE usually has a time limit to send it in so might not be feasible if you were to start therapy in a hurry..  see what you can do about that... also affidavits from witnesses, alongside your statement can help prove you suffered abuse! Pictures, medical reports, recordings, texts can be very valuable if you have!👍

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Hello, I also received RFE for psychological evaluation :( do I really need to sign in for a therapy after such a long time of leaving my abuser? This is going to be really super hard for me. If so, anyone knows free of charge or cheap psychologists places in Miami? Thank you

If you don't respond to the RFE your case may (and probably will) get denied. As Stillwinning said, it's a lengthy process and you're on a deadline here, so if it was me I'd start calling a bunch of places literally today and sign up for 1-2 sessions every week to be able to meet the RFE deadline.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

You will need to find a psychologist  for your evaluation.  Most psychologist will not complete an evaluation unless you are seeing them as a client.  It was after 4 months when mine wrote the evaluation and I had a weekly session with him and with a trauma therapist.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Togo
Timeline
On 3/9/2021 at 1:52 PM, Apolo said:

Good afternoon VJ Family hope everything is having a great week so far? I have a quick question is it normal to wait 18 months for a AOS interview? Any suggestions?

Thank you for the amazing support and congrats on all recent approval   :)

Hi Apolo,

You are not alone in this wait. I have been waiting for an interview from the Baltimore Field Office for 19 months now.

My I-485 has been pending since December 2016.

I am waiting to hear back from my district's congressman on a status update.

Hang in there. I trust our time will come too by God's grace.

33 minutes ago, Eureka93 said:

Hi Apolo,

You are not alone in this wait. I have been waiting for an interview from the Baltimore Field Office for 19 months now.

My I-485 has been pending since December 2016.

I am waiting to hear back from my district's congressman on a status update.

Hang in there. I trust our time will come too by God's grace.

Thats a king time to wait i guess Baltimore field office is a busy one :( ?? When was your VAWA approved if i can ask 

21 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Thank you everyone that prayed to my friend for healing,but she just passed away. Keep her newborn in your prayers, he is just 5 days old.I am so sad.

I'm so sorry to hear that @sandranj my prayers will be with the family and the newborn baby they have suffered a big lost and hope and we will pray to god to keep on eye on them ❤️🙏

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Togo
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Apolo said:

Thats a king time to wait i guess Baltimore field office is a busy one :( ?? When was your VAWA approved if i can ask 

I'm so sorry to hear that @sandranj my prayers will be with the family and the newborn baby they have suffered a big lost and hope and we will pray to god to keep on eye on them ❤️🙏

My VAWA was approved on August 6, 2019.

Other than my I765 renewal, no other news since then.

@sandranj @Demise @Stillwinning!!!😊

and others,

is that true that if you live more than 6 months in an other country then USCIS will ask for police clearance report from that country? 

I was away for almost 3 months, does that mean USCIS will not send me RFE for police clearance report where i spent 3 months? 

34 minutes ago, balo101 said:

@sandranj @Demise @Stillwinning!!!😊

and others,

is that true that if you live more than 6 months in an other country then USCIS will ask for police clearance report from that country? 

I was away for almost 3 months, does that mean USCIS will not send me RFE for police clearance report where i spent 3 months? 

Usually 6months or more..nothing less..👍

3 hours ago, sandranj said:

Thank you everyone that prayed to my friend for healing,but she just passed away. Keep her newborn in your prayers, he is just 5 days old.I am so sad.

I am so sorry to hear that my gosh, this is painful, may God be with the baby and may her soul rest in peace. This is such heartbreaking news and I pray that the Lord comforts her family and yourself too @sandranj

Hi I applied for i360/i765/i485 on Jan 14 2021. It has been 55 days and i've received no notice of receipt, is this normal? Check for i-485 was also cashed in January. Thanks

Edited by stoicprayhope

Timeline
5 hours ago, sandranj said:

Sorry for your loss and may her soul Rest In Peace 🙏

Timeline
4 minutes ago, jonneedsamiracle said:

Hi I applied for i360/i765/i485 on Jan 14 2021. It has been 55 days and i've received no notice of receipt, is this normal?

Very normal, you are not alone but  stay alert you are almost there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.