2,962 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, sheima said:

Sometimes when they update your file information it appears that way, it’s an error, I believe they updated your card status 

hi sheima, when you say u are aug 2019 filer, do u mean u send ur package aug 2019 or uscis received ur package aug 2019

i sent mine aug 2019 but

uscis receive mine sept 2019.. 

if it is so then my approval is nigh

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Thank you! Do you know what month/year of I-360 forms is USCIS currently working on? Maybe April 2019? I think I also saw an approval from July 2019?

You can google "USCIS case processing times" and check. Officially it says March.

4 hours ago, StanSmith said:

How long does it usually take to get approval notice after you received c31 ead?

1--3 months.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 2/26/2021 at 6:44 PM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You can get a waiver I believe..are you working with an attorney? 

No I thought I could work with @sandranj

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
7 hours ago, StanSmith said:

my annoying questions

Questions like yours are exactly what everyone is here to help with. :) 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
5 hours ago, ridimic1 said:

hi sheima, when you say u are aug 2019 filer, do u mean u send ur package aug 2019 or uscis received ur package aug 2019

i sent mine aug 2019 but

uscis receive mine sept 2019.. 

if it is so then my approval is nigh

Uscis received my package on 

July 11 2019 

july 23 Uscis waived my package fee

August 6 2019 is the date on the receipt the priority date (PD) 

Uscis work with your priority date not the date you sent your package or they received your package, that’s why I always say am August filer, the PD, guys correct me if am wrong 

13 hours ago, 西苑二楼 said:

After “card is being produced”, they have updated my case with “correspondence was received and USCIS is reviewing it”. Has that happened to any of you folks? Doesn’t make any sense to me. 

The same happened to me. Are you in NYC? Did you change your address and notify the UScis?

my lawyer said that it might be that they

received an address change form and updated the status this way.

2 minutes ago, neimovirna said:

The same happened to me. Are you in NYC? Did you change your address and notify the UScis?

my lawyer said that it might be that they

received an address change form and updated the status this way.

No. I live in IL. 

No. I never notify USCIS anything myself.

My lawyer says it’s normal? 

Hellooooooo to you all. I have been away for a long from this amazing group. I want to get some information. My priority date is November 2017😳My case was approved on September 2019. I renewed my EAD C31 last month. I filed my I485 concurrently with I360 & I765. My I485 isn't moving. Not even a transfer. Do you have any idea? Thanks! 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Lola_lalo said:

Hellooooooo to you all. I have been away for a long from this amazing group. I want to get some information. My priority date is November 2017😳My case was approved on September 2019. I renewed my EAD C31 last month. I filed my I485 concurrently with I360 & I765. My I485 isn't moving. Not even a transfer. Do you have any idea? Thanks! 

It should be transferred by now, have you consulted your congressman to inquire for you? That’s best way to know.

1 hour ago, sheima said:

Uscis received my package on 

July 11 2019 

july 23 Uscis waived my package fee

August 6 2019 is the date on the receipt the priority date (PD) 

Uscis work with your priority date not the date you sent your package or they received your package, that’s why I always say am August filer, the PD, guys correct me if am wrong 

thanks for replying

what i have on my receipt is a notice date 9/23 and a recieved date 9/13

onthe priority date tab nothing written on it. see below snapchot

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 11.58.28 PM.png

Edited by ridimic1

Timeline
17 minutes ago, ridimic1 said:

thanks for replying

what i have on my receipt is a notice date 9/23 and a recieved date 9/13

onthe priority date tab nothing written on it. see below snapchot

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 11.58.28 PM.png

Notice date is your priority date, my Notice date is August 6 which is my priority date 

On 3/1/2021 at 5:41 PM, sheima said:

In this case you don’t have much time to get a I-360 receipt which can help you convince the officer to put your I-485 on hold, but you can write a letter to let them postpone your marriage  interview, that way you will have enough time to get your vawa receipt, you don’t have to wait until you get all the evidence that you need to file your vawa, they will send you RFE if they need more evidence, so file it now 

Thank you so much! 

Will I be penalized for requesting for postponement of my marriage interview? The interview was rescheduled in January. Though it was not on my request. I heard that there is an increase in outright denial of I-485 applications requesting for interview to be reschedule a second time.

On 3/1/2021 at 10:43 PM, Engineering-rocks said:

You can go to the interview and tell the officer you will be filing I360 and ask them to hold your I485 for a few more weeks since you're about to apply. If you have any good proof for abuse (police report, order of protection, affidavits, therapist evaluation) - bring it to support your statement.

You're correct, still same.

Probably an average of 2 years or so. So you might hear something end of this year.

Thank you so much!

For:

"You can go to the interview and tell the officer you will be filing I360 and ask them to hold your I485 for a few more weeks since you're about to apply. If you have any good proof for abuse (police report, order of protection, affidavits, therapist evaluation) - bring it to support your statement."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.