2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Mamabear5 said:

I have been reading but couldn’t find anything about emotional abuse. Evidence I have is neighbors statement saying he was often yelling and banging stuff and I was often crying, I have some chat from when he left. I do plan to do psychological evaluation. I also have a video of him being high and smoking around the baby. I don’t know if that’s enough? Thank you for response !

I would suggest that you consult with a VAWA attorney as you do not want to confuse VAWA with marital discord and infidelity.  It has to be clear or it will be denied.  I would suggest you hire @sandranj

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Hey guys. Not sure if I am in the right topic. I want to share my experience with Vawa. 

Submitted I-360+ I-456 on August 19,2016.

4 years silence then June 26 ,2020 RFE was requested - good faith marriage and submitted on September 11,2020. 

February 26,2021 finally case was approved. 😊

My lawyer advised me to sent a letter to Uscis for I-456 that vawa was approved . Can anyone give me any suggestions?

For all people that have a Vawa pending be positive ,there is light at the end of tunnel

On 2/25/2021 at 11:02 PM, luminarc said:

Guys I cannot believe it has been exactly 365 days since my petition was received, I swear it doesn't feel like it, I just wanted to come in on this day and tell you beautiful women and men thank you for this community, truthfully I don't know what the story would have been had I not come across this forum and got a chance to interact with you guys and miss @sandranj. You guys are truly God sent and I pray that the Almighty God meets each and everyone of you at the points of your needs. To everyone who got approved, congrats, to everyone who is so close, your moment of joy and breakthrough is here, and to those of us who still have some time to go, may God grant us the patience, and to those of you just starting or about to start the journey, may the good Lord, give you the courage and put your helpers on your path. 

Very nice! In God's own time, your time will come and so for everybody who are still waiting. The waiting time is the most challenging but surely when you have diversion like work, time flies. Hang in there!

On 2/14/2021 at 7:04 PM, aguta said:

So now what... another 3-12 months wait for the interview and then green card? 😕

You're almost there ;) my rfe for good moral character was received 07/20/20 and on 08/03/2020 they approved my i360. And then fast forward last January 26, 2021 had the AOS interview  and got the GC one week after. So basically 5 months after VAWA approval I got the GC. Yours might be faster. Hang in there!

19 minutes ago, Nina Galia said:

Hey guys. Not sure if I am in the right topic. I want to share my experience with Vawa. 

4 years silence then June 26 ,2020 RFE was requested - good faith marriage and submitted on September 11,2020. 

My lawyer advised me to sent a letter to Uscis for I-456 that vawa was approved . Can anyone give me any suggestions?

For all people that have a Vawa pending be positive ,there is light at the end of tunnel

Definitely in the right place!😊 Anyway if your i485 was linked to your i360 then you may not need to write to Vermont about it as they will transfer it to your local office to join the queue for interview! By the way congratulations phew! that was a long time but here you are..🎊🎉🍻😀

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nina Galia said:

Congratulations 🗽🇺🇸 

Edited by sheima

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, Nina Galia said:

Gosh what a long wait! Congratulations!

I do not think it will hurt to send a letter, but I also think there's a pretty low chance it will help. Where was he planning to send it, local office? It usually takes the application 2-5 months after VAWA approval for the case to make it to local office. If it was me, what I'd do is wait about 1 month after receiving a I693 deficiency notice from NBC (approximately 2 months from now) and then try and schedule info pass. At the info pass play silly and say that you filed I485 in 2016 and when should you expect an interview. If your local office refuses to schedule info pass then just keep sending inquiries with congressman every 3-6 months on the status of your I485.

14 hours ago, Engineering-rocks said:

Gosh what a long wait! Congratulations!

I do not think it will hurt to send a letter, but I also think there's a pretty low chance it will help. Where was he planning to send it, local office? It usually takes the application 2-5 months after VAWA approval for the case to make it to local office. If it was me, what I'd do is wait about 1 month after receiving a I693 deficiency notice from NBC (approximately 2 months from now) and then try and schedule info pass. At the info pass play silly and say that you filed I485 in 2016 and when should you expect an interview. If your local office refuses to schedule info pass then just keep sending inquiries with congressman every 3-6 months on the status of your I485.

Thank for your advice, will follow that.🙏

On 2/27/2021 at 3:12 PM, Nina Galia said:

Congratulations

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.