2,962 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, sam012019 said:

I  applied for renewal EAD (c9)before its expiry, now the 180days is completing from the expiry date of my ead, I still have not got EAD. What are my options now?

Contact your congressman and ask them to inquire on your application for you.

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

Filed: Other Timeline
4 hours ago, Fishy89 said:

Congratulations for you approval , hopefully my case gets approved soon ! 
No dear i didn’t contact the ombudsman .. i don’t know how can i do this .. could you please help me ?  
i really appreciate your help 

thanks in advance 🧡

Thanks, you will get it soon also. 
https://www.dhs.gov/contact-cisomb

You can choose any option ( I chose email) but they will send response only to address on your file. But I don’t think it matters, as long as they help you. 
Good luck to you!!!

Timeline
9 hours ago, DmytriiD said:

so officially USCIS says that they process I360's in order that it was received.
But we see the real situation here - question: could it be the size of the petition ?

My petition was 175 pages long + I sent in some info later maybe up to 10 pages.

I believe it depends on the officer who is handling your case, and I believe every officer has a strategy of how they handle their cases, some will like to go through FBI check some will just go deferent way but all under the same Uscis procedures, that’s why we see some get their approval fast.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 11/30/2020 at 2:11 PM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Amen sweety, praying with y'all!🙏

So my notice date is actually 2017 not 2018. This is my daughter’s approval letter. Where is it telling me to send the i485? 

7BAD5A4F-0231-48B3-A4EC-7074C6CEA7D5.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
14 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

They're looking for the information that enables them to approve you. :) 

This is a good sign -- it means that your folder is still on an agent's desk and not gathering dust in a storeroom or a warehouse.  Have faith!

Thank you so much @TBoneTX I will keep you posted once i will receive an RFE.

12 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Not neccessarily.. it just means they need more evidence give them all they ask and you're good! Keep us posted and yes the ones with all those RFEs where approved!😊👍

@Stillwinning!!!😊 thank you, god bless you, will keep you posted. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Togo
Timeline

Hello everyone,

What a great forum this is. I wish I had known about this when filing my VAWA application.

My VAWA was approved on Aug 6, 2019.

My I-485 (filed alongside my I-130) is still pending and was received in December 2016.

Shortly after submitting my VAWA application, I did send my local office (Baltimore) a letter asking that my I-485 be adjudicated based on my pending I-360 and not the I-130 my spouse had filed for me.

By God's grace, I have been able to renew my EAD twice so far.

I am hoping to hear from anyone with a similar timeline? Dealing with the Baltimore Field Office?

I have been waiting for an interview for about 18 months now from the Baltimore Field Office.

I have sent the Vermont Service Center letters to inquire. No response since August 2020.

I have reached out to the Ombudsman. No response since October 2020.

I have also reached out to my congressman a few days ago.

It seems I have exhausted all my options to get an update so I will continue to wait and see what gives.

Any insight would be much appreciated 🙂

I am praying for everyone still waiting on their good news and Godspeed to all who got their green cards. Thanks.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
12 hours ago, PayingForward said:

Please have faith. You will certainly cross the hurdle and eventually get approval. If i were you i would start gathering any additional evidence for good faith marriage, moral character and abuse. I don’t hesitate to be over prepared as there’s nothing we have to lose by being proactive. Once you receive rfe you will have everything ready to file response! I pray that you gather courage and get through this step asap 👍🏽🙏🏽

Thank you @PayingForward my first RFE was GM, so i guess  they will ask something else this time. Problem is i ran away from home when i got chance, and she never added me on her accounts, i do not have much to send them, that is why i am very panic. But i will start gathering more docs. 

What you recommend me to look for if they are sending me good faith marriage? All i have is bank statement on our name for 4 months, few selfies, one friend letter he saw the abuse and marriage. Taxes on our name. marriage certificate. some chats. thats its. Will writing my statement again will help? 

I thank you for your concerns, you are nice person, god bless you, I pray for your happiness and wellbeing, I will pray for everyone who is suffering  and those who are helping us who are in need. @FeDaniela @Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj @TBoneTX and everyone i forgot to tag here, god bless you guys. 

12 hours ago, sam012019 said:

Do you have a very popular name ? what was first & second RFE for ?

I dont think so, my name is so rare that they wont even find more than 10-20 people in whole US. my first RFE was GM, 2nd i havent received it yet. 

Filed: Other Timeline
3 minutes ago, Eureka93 said:

Hello everyone,

What a great forum this is. I wish I had known about this when filing my VAWA application.

My VAWA was approved on Aug 6, 2019.

My I-485 (filed alongside my I-130) is still pending and was received in December 2016.

Shortly after submitting my VAWA application, I did send my local office (Baltimore) a letter asking that my I-485 be adjudicated based on my pending I-360 and not the I-130 my spouse had filed for me.

By God's grace, I have been able to renew my EAD twice so far.

I am hoping to hear from anyone with a similar timeline? Dealing with the Baltimore Field Office?

I have been waiting for an interview for about 18 months now from the Baltimore Field Office.

I have sent the Vermont Service Center letters to inquire. No response since August 2020.

I have reached out to the Ombudsman. No response since October 2020.

I have also reached out to my congressman a few days ago.

It seems I have exhausted all my options to get an update so I will continue to wait and see what gives.

Any insight would be much appreciated 🙂

I am praying for everyone still waiting on their good news and Godspeed to all who got their green cards. Thanks.

My dear I know how it feels as I'm in the same soup with you, just a few months apart (Feb 2017) my I-360 has been approved, attended interview at Baltimore field office March last year and later transferred to my home state NC  Charlotte field office which I attended the interview last December and got an rfe for employment letter with 2 pay stubs and copy of divorce decree. Still waiting and praying for everyone. Perseverance and patience will see us through this journey 🙏🙏🙏

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Aadi135 said:

Thank you @PayingForward my first RFE was GM, so i guess  they will ask something else this time. Problem is i ran away from home when i got chance, and she never added me on her accounts, i do not have much to send them, that is why i am very panic. But i will start gathering more docs. 

What you recommend me to look for if they are sending me good faith marriage? All i have is bank statement on our name for 4 months, few selfies, one friend letter he saw the abuse and marriage. Taxes on our name. marriage certificate. some chats. thats its. Will writing my statement again will help? 

I thank you for your concerns, you are nice person, god bless you, I pray for your happiness and wellbeing, I will pray for everyone who is suffering  and those who are helping us who are in need. @FeDaniela @Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj @TBoneTX and everyone i forgot to tag here, god bless you guys. 

I dont think so, my name is so rare that they wont even find more than 10-20 people in whole US. my first RFE was GM, 2nd i havent received it yet. 

I received RFE two times, the first one was a month after I sent my application, they asked for background check and the other one was 28 months after I filed. I was asked to explain my abuse in details and I saw it as a good opportunity. I wrote my statement all over again, my family friend that saw everything wrote her statement all over again and I asked my family from my country that knows about my marriage to write statement to prove my marriage, they sent everything to me, I gathered as much as I could cos I believe that could be my last opportunity to prove myself and after 5months, I got my C31 EAD,waiting for my approval notice. The RFE could be in your favor, just try and gather everything that could help your case. Wish you all the best. 

11 minutes ago, Aadi135 said:

You already seem to have provided required  evidence for good faith marriage. So rfe may be for something else. I had my parents, cousins and friends statements which detailed information they knew about how we met and married. I think you can add those letters if required. I have seen other members suggesting resending detailed self statement on timeline of your relationship, marriage depending on rfe requirements. So not a bad idea to start penning another statement! Please try to manage your anxiety although i know it can be quite challenging. We all have been through these phases and eventually landed fine. I have seen and believe that uscis approves all genuine cases. God bless you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Togo
Timeline
28 minutes ago, aquila said:

My dear I know how it feels as I'm in the same soup with you, just a few months apart (Feb 2017) my I-360 has been approved, attended interview at Baltimore field office March last year and later transferred to my home state NC  Charlotte field office which I attended the interview last December and got an rfe for employment letter with 2 pay stubs and copy of divorce decree. Still waiting and praying for everyone. Perseverance and patience will see us through this journey 🙏🙏🙏

Sorry to hear that this is your reality as well but indeed perseverance, patience and faith will see us through. 

The wait can get very lonely and frustrating but I trust it will all work out in the end.

19 hours ago, Mish20 said:

Hi, Family!!!

Hope everyone is warm and healthy😘

I have a dilemma and did not find anything useful online.

My AP is outside of normal processing times and EAD is months away according to their new estimate. Should I inquire about AP to nudge the case or I will risk just getting just the AP, not the combo card? Which form is corresponding to the combo card AD or EAD?

Some relevant details:

7/24/2020 Initial filing I-360, I-485, I-765 and I-131. VSC, local Philly

11/30/2020 Biometrics for I-465 and I-765 only. No mention of I-131 which is still at case received online.

1/13/2021 lawyer tried to expedite EAD/AP

2/11/2021 USCIS replied that the case will be processed as normal. I have a feeling that he did not include any evidence (I might be wrong) and it's not relevant any more so there is no need to fight with him or resubmit.

Don't want to poke the lion but it's been 7 months since filing and to think that I might need another 4 for the initial EAD is making me want to cry. Still, my case was pulled once in January and I don't want to make things worse.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

It took 8 months for them to send me initial AP and work card ( combo). So it should come soon. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gi Gi said:

So my notice date is actually 2017 not 2018. This is my daughter’s approval letter. Where is it telling me to send the i485? 

@Stillwinning!!!😊@sandranj

Edited by Gi Gi

1 hour ago, Gi Gi said:

None of our approval letters instructed us to send i485 to a particular location but you must be aware that all vawa related petitions are directed to Vermont!👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.