2,962 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, shayona said:

My beloved family :) 

Finally great news, life changing news arrived this beautiful divine morning, it seems my I-485 been approved now as it says "New card is being produced." It's indeed kind of miracle as it came through without interview, I can't explain my happiness in words being forever grateful to almighty GOD 🙏🙏🙏

And immensely grateful to @sandranj and entire VAWA family for giving me hope and making me stronger ever through this absolutely difficult and impossible journey to fix my broken life🙏 

IMG_0988.jpg

Congratulations!!!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/20/2021 at 8:27 PM, justmarriedusciti said:

Hi all, 

I will be proceeding with concurrent filing of I-360 and I-485 (and I-765). My lawyer has said that my case is strong as both proof of a bona fide marriage and proof of physical abuse are strong. 

What my lawyer isn't able to tell me is how much time it would take to get an EAD and AP if I apply under category c(9). I already have a job that I started working for after getting my Marriage based AOS. Since that filing will no longer be valid after we file VAWA concurrently, I am concerned that I might get a gap in work. 

I don't think I can work using my current EAD once I file I-360 and I-485 VAWA. My wife and I are also in the process to get a divorce, but it would be 6 months or so before that is finalized.    

The first EAD takes long time (5/7 months) to renew is faster.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Risen said:

Hello everyone.  My Ex filed for divorce on ground of no fault after few months of holding the paper i later signed it. Since then I dont know anything about the case. Should i be worried or just forget it?

If it's a no- fault divorce then you should be fine.

Hey everyone! I got my c31 ead in January. When should I expect an update on my i485 receipt number? When will I know if it has actually been transferred to local field office (NYC)? Is this something my attorney can find out? Thanks :)

2 minutes ago, saraa88 said:

Hey everyone! I got my c31 ead in January. When should I expect an update on my i485 receipt number? When will I know if it has actually been transferred to local field office (NYC)? Is this something my attorney can find out? Thanks :)

NYC is taking around 14-18 months to adjudicated I-485. My Vawa was approved on December 2019 I just received RFE for Medicals Feb. 2021, From NYC local office I tell you this so you can have an idea of the wait time in NYC, But every case scenario is different. To Find out where is your I-485 if it has been transfer already you can personally contact your congress man office to inquiry. 

26 minutes ago, sandranj said:

The first EAD takes long time (5/7 months) to renew is faster.

I’ve been waiting more than 7 months already, and nothing yet. 
My attorney and I submitted requests directly to VSC to expedite three weeks ago. Does it take that long for them to process expedite request?  

Filed: Other Timeline
5 hours ago, shayona said:

My beloved family :) 

Finally great news, life changing news arrived this beautiful divine morning, it seems my I-485 been approved now as it says "New card is being produced." It's indeed kind of miracle as it came through without interview, I can't explain my happiness in words being forever grateful to almighty GOD 🙏🙏🙏

And immensely grateful to @sandranj and entire VAWA family for giving me hope and making me stronger ever through this absolutely difficult and impossible journey to fix my broken life🙏 

IMG_0988.jpg

Now the status finally changed to “Approved” 🙏

73AA30CF-4B28-449D-9470-40FD6EBF7696.jpeg

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, LOL111 said:

What next after sending me RFE for medical exam? My VAWA has been approved since September 2020,waited for 3 months plus before I received medial exam RFE and I’ve sent it back, almost 3 weeks now.

Once they will received your medical, you will have the final decision been taken on your case by local office. I sent my medical on 11Feb and they received it on 12th and today my case been approved by waiving  off interview. Your GC is almost there, just few more days to wait. Praying for you dear🙏

3 hours ago, LOL111 said:

What next after sending me RFE for medical exam? My VAWA has been approved since September 2020,waited for 3 months plus before I received medial exam RFE and I’ve sent it back, almost 3 weeks now.

Approval generally. If they wanted to interview you, they'd summon you for an interview, if they had anything else to RFE you for, they'd do it together with this one.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

6 hours ago, pythagorUS said:

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share my journey.

I filed my paperwork in  Dec 2018

prima facia given in Feb 2019

work permit issued June 2019

Approved in 360 Vermont March/April 2020

work permit issued March 2020

additional work permit issued June 2020

485 sent to Local office September 2020

appointment issued December 2020

Approval for Green Card December 2020 AT THE APPOINTMENT!!!

My attorney went with me to the appointment at USCIS everything was done virtually. The person assigned to my case asked routine questions, then asked for us to put our medical forms in the packet provided. 2 minutes later he came into the room to personally tell us that I had a green card! By the second week of January I had my card.

I know my situation was not normal, but you know what... we got this! I’m now struggling to find my purpose, but I really felt like someone needed this. Your time is next!! 

love you all💕

What State are you from? Congratulations!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 hours ago, Evasn said:

Hi everyone , do you guys know what category i have to apply for work authorization. My c31( received after i360 approval) is expiring,  so I need a new card . Should I reqiest under c 09 or c 31? 

Also do you know if transfer to another state can delay the interview date for i485? 

Thank you 😊

С09 is free and I know quite a few ppl here got it after VAWA approval. C31 is $410.However, there's a chance your C09 will get denied, because you're technically supposed to apply for C31 after VAWA approval. I personally chose to pay and apply for C31 to be sure I don't break the continuity of my employment.

24 minutes ago, Engineering-rocks said:

С09 is free and I know quite a few ppl here got it after VAWA approval. C31 is $410.However, there's a chance your C09 will get denied, because you're technically supposed to apply for C31 after VAWA approval. I personally chose to pay and apply for C31 to be sure I don't break the continuity of my employment.

Totally agree better pay then get denied , thank you so much 

4 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

NYC is taking around 14-18 months to adjudicated I-485. My Vawa was approved on December 2019 I just received RFE for Medicals Feb. 2021, From NYC local office I tell you this so you can have an idea of the wait time in NYC, But every case scenario is different. To Find out where is your I-485 if it has been transfer already you can personally contact your congress man office to inquiry. 

Was December 19 the date of the approval notice or it was updated on December 19 on the uscis website and then the approval letter was mailed ? I'm also NYC, still waiting 

4 hours ago, shayona said:

Now the status finally changed to “Approved” 🙏

73AA30CF-4B28-449D-9470-40FD6EBF7696.jpeg

omg gir congratulations! thats freaking amaaaazing!!!

and you got your C31 in April? I guess.. thats not THAT bad :)

Edited by aguta

09/2017 - Married US.C

02/2018 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

X?/2018 - Interview, went BAD! 

01/2019 - lawyer withdraw my GC-marriage case

01/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

03/2019 - EAD, AP approval

02/2021 - EAD C31 received

02/2021 - I-360 VAWA approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.