2,962 posts in this topic

Timeline

President Biden sign an executive order to reverse Trump administration immigration order,    I believe that is one of the reasons why we are seeing delays on our cases, please let’s stay calm and patient 

Filed: Timeline
On 2/18/2021 at 3:52 PM, ValeryK said:

The main reason was to update my address because I submitted change of address form two months ago but they keep sending mail to abuser’s address 

For an address change you must send a paper AR11 to VSC (signed in ink).  Since it appears you did such your next step would be to use your congressman to confirm they have the correct address and if they dont have them correct it. USCIS may still send mail to the ex spouse regarding the 130 they filed since the 130 is their petition.

Filed: Timeline
On 2/19/2021 at 1:43 PM, ValeryK said:

No, I-130 is still active/pending! 
For I-485 it’s showing that it was transferred to VSC and I received a proper transfer notice regarding it. 
With everything being said, my I-485 was attached to VAWA after my attorney requested it when we filed I-360. I-130 was never withdrawn. 
Attorney mentioned receipt numbers for both I-765 in a letter. She asked for one filed in July, 2020 to be expedite or as an alternative way for one filed in July, 2019 to be approved since its way outside of normal processing time. 

Its very unfortunate that you are having such issues, especially since you have an attny. Im not sure why the attny never followed up on the 765 applied for in July 2019 and instead filed a second 765 a year later in July 2020. Historically there have been issues with extended delays in EAD processing and occasionally there are cases that seem to fall through the cracks. Sadly it seems that is what happened with your 2019 filing because even allowing for an extended processing delay the 2019 765 should have been processed by now. 

You currently have an expedite request submitted to VSC via phone/email by your attny. You can (if you choose) also submit an expedite request through your congressman. The congressmans request will move forward independently and separately from the request the attny submitted. Imagine it as 2 trains being sent to the same destination. One is the attny requested train (train A) the other is the congressman's train (train B).  One of the trains will reach the end first and be approved, when it is the other train (once it arrives) will be closed out as its no longer needed- the benefit was already issued. Does that make sense? Expedite requests are handled independently by the point of contact who initiated it. So the conductor on train A would have no information on the whereabouts or status of B. They cant link them together. They will move forward independently and most likely end up with 2 different Officers each of which will process the expedite request given to them. Which means either approving it or closing it out because its no longer needed. 

If or when you submit a request through your congressman-  make sure its clear you need them to submit/generate an expedite request (train b) and are not asking them to inquire on the status of the pending request (train A) as those are 2 different things they could help you with. 

On 2/19/2021 at 7:04 PM, Ana FL said:

The only way to get a C31 is if your case is approved. So congrats!!

I got my c31 update in November 2020 and status changed to case approved in January 2021.

Oh thank you Ana! 

I actually was reading you posts the other day and looks like we are on the same page, you're like 2 months ahead of me so hopefully my case gets approved in 2 motnhs :)

09/2017 - Married US.C

02/2018 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

X?/2018 - Interview, went BAD! 

01/2019 - lawyer withdraw my GC-marriage case

01/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

03/2019 - EAD, AP approval

02/2021 - EAD C31 received

02/2021 - I-360 VAWA approved

10 minutes ago, shayona said:

My beloved family :) 

Finally great news, life changing news arrived this beautiful divine morning, it seems my I-485 been approved now as it says "New card is being produced." It's indeed kind of miracle as it came through without interview, I can't explain my happiness in words being forever grateful to almighty GOD 🙏🙏🙏

And immensely grateful to @sandranj and entire VAWA family for giving me hope and making me stronger ever through this absolutely difficult and impossible journey to fix my broken life🙏 

IMG_0988.jpg

Congrats

1 minute ago, pythagorUS said:

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share my journey.

I filed my paperwork in  Dec 2018

prima facia given in Feb 2019

work permit issued June 2019

Approved in 360 Vermont March/April 2020

work permit issued March 2020

additional work permit issued June 2020

485 sent to Local office September 2020

appointment issued December 2020

Approval for Green Card December 2020 AT THE APPOINTMENT!!!

My attorney went with me to the appointment at USCIS everything was done virtually. The person assigned to my case asked routine questions, then asked for us to put our medical forms in the packet provided. 2 minutes later he came into the room to personally tell us that I had a green card! By the second week of January I had my card.

I know my situation was not normal, but you know what... we got this! I’m now struggling to find my purpose, but I really felt like someone needed this. Your time is next!! 

love you all💕

Amazing all the best from here! Congratulations!🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊😀

1 hour ago, shayona said:

Finally great news, life changing news arrived this beautiful divine morning, it seems my I-485 been approved now as it says "New card is being produced." It's indeed kind of miracle as it came through without interview, I can't explain my happiness in words being forever grateful to almighty GOD 🙏🙏🙏

And immensely grateful to @sandranj and entire VAWA family for giving me hope and making me stronger ever through this absolutely difficult and impossible journey to fix my broken life🙏 

IMG_0988.jpg

Congratulations.

1 hour ago, pythagorUS said:

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share my journey.

I filed my paperwork in  Dec 2018

prima facia given in Feb 2019

work permit issued June 2019

Approved in 360 Vermont March/April 2020

work permit issued March 2020

additional work permit issued June 2020

485 sent to Local office September 2020

appointment issued December 2020

Approval for Green Card December 2020 AT THE APPOINTMENT!!!

My attorney went with me to the appointment at USCIS everything was done virtually. The person assigned to my case asked routine questions, then asked for us to put our medical forms in the packet provided. 2 minutes later he came into the room to personally tell us that I had a green card! By the second week of January I had my card.

I know my situation was not normal, but you know what... we got this! I’m now struggling to find my purpose, but I really felt like someone needed this. Your time is next!! 

love you all💕

Congratulations 

Hello everyone.  My Ex filed for divorce on ground of no fault after few months of holding the paper i later signed it. Since then I dont know anything about the case. Should i be worried or just forget it?

23 minutes ago, Risen said:

Hello everyone.  My Ex filed for divorce on ground of no fault after few months of holding the paper i later signed it. Since then I dont know anything about the case. Should i be worried or just forget it?

I've heard that the ground of divorce doesn't affect the case itself. It's actually easier and cheaper to do no fault 

Timeline
1 hour ago, shayona said:

IMG_0988.jpg

Congratulations 🗽🇺🇸

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, shayona said:

IMG_0988.jpg

What next after sending me RFE for medical exam? My VAWA has been approved since September 2020,waited for 3 months plus before I received medial exam RFE and I’ve sent it back, almost 3 weeks now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.