2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
On 2/17/2021 at 3:25 AM, Fishy89 said:

Hello everyone ..

i received my 5th prima facie today , valid for 180 days more .. please pray for me ! 

February 2018 filler 

Thanks

God Bless you and helps you. Keep praying and asking. He is the ONE who can bring anything from nowhere. I can feel your feelings like I am you. It is so hard not knowing and waiting. 

Did you contact Ombudsman?

I can share my experience since I am Nov 2018 filler, and just today got online status update that Case was approved. I don't know if that helped or not, But I contacted Senator, Ombudsman and sent FOIA request in past 6 month. I remember Senator was first, than Ombudsman and same time I sent request for FOIA. I was feeling so bad, so frustrated that honestly just decide to write and do everything without waiting results from any of them. I do not know if any of them helped me but it is just for info.

Wish you fast approval, wish everyone here who is waiting fast approval. God Bless all of us. Being migrant is not easy and all this sadness with papers makes it worst.....

Patience for you, and know your time will come!!!

Timeline
8 hours ago, monoxidelullaby said:

Hey everyone, I just came back from my I-485 interview, it was at Federal Plaza in NYC, Queens field office. Just wanted to share my experience, I arrived 30 minutes earlier, there was a security check up, went to the 4th floor and got a ticket with number on it. I was really nervous before coming in, it was a stressful week as I got interview notice 2 weeks before my interview date and I was rushing to get everything done. I was in the waiting area and a nice lady came in and said my name, she was so pleasant and nice, she only asked me when was I born, when did I get divorced and when was the last time I entered USA. And YES/NO questions from my I-485 form and that's it. Didn't even look at any of my documents, only took copies of my divorce decree and my passport, we were laughing whole time, I was making some jokes and she laughed haha, she said "Ah you make my job so much easier" and asked me if I had any other questions. I said no and she said I should expect a decision in the mail and gave me white paper. Overall it was a 15 min experience and I am really happy with the outcome, I know I gave my best for everything.

Waiting for the updates and will update once I get the notifications.

TIMELINE:

June 2017 - Same sex marriage

August 2018 - filled VAWA, I-485

March 2020 - VAWA approved

July 2020 - case at NYC local office

February 2021 - interview day

Congrats! I had similar experience at Federal Plaza. The officer was nice; didn't really ask anything except to show him my passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate and updated medicals.

My interview was on January 27th, the officer said I would receive the card in 2-4 weeks, but still no updates. What does the white paper say? I didn't receive one from the officer who interview me.

9 hours ago, monoxidelullaby said:

TIMELINE:

June 2017 - Same sex marriage

August 2018 - filled VAWA, I-485

March 2020 - VAWA approved

July 2020 - case at NYC local office

February 2021 - interview day

Congratulations on your easy interview!!!

how did you know your case was in NYC local office, did anything update online? 

1 hour ago, Kama2018 said:

God Bless you and helps you. Keep praying and asking. He is the ONE who can bring anything from nowhere. I can feel your feelings like I am you. It is so hard not knowing and waiting. 

Did you contact Ombudsman?

I can share my experience since I am Nov 2018 filler, and just today got online status update that Case was approved. I don't know if that helped or not, But I contacted Senator, Ombudsman and sent FOIA request in past 6 month. I remember Senator was first, than Ombudsman and same time I sent request for FOIA. I was feeling so bad, so frustrated that honestly just decide to write and do everything without waiting results from any of them. I do not know if any of them helped me but it is just for info.

Wish you fast approval, wish everyone here who is waiting fast approval. God Bless all of us. Being migrant is not easy and all this sadness with papers makes it worst.....

Patience for you, and know your time will come!!!

How long did you wait for reply from ombudsman? I want to know timeframe. I submitted request to them today, but it’s regarding my EAD

11 minutes ago, neimovirna said:

Congratulations on your easy interview!!!

how did you know your case was in NYC local office, did anything update online? 

I found that out through my congresswoman.

1 hour ago, lolaB998 said:

Congrats! I had similar experience at Federal Plaza. The officer was nice; didn't really ask anything except to show him my passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate and updated medicals.

My interview was on January 27th, the officer said I would receive the card in 2-4 weeks, but still no updates. What does the white paper say? I didn't receive one from the officer who interview me.

The white paper says that the case is held for a review, but my officer told me that everything looks good and that I will receive decision in the mail.

17 minutes ago, ValeryK said:

How long did you wait for reply from ombudsman? I want to know timeframe. I submitted request to them today, but it’s regarding my EAD

Honestly, I didn’t get any respond from Ombudsman. When I called Ombudsman office after a month from opening case with them,  office told me that I should ask about everything from lawyer because he’s address was on my file. And when I asked ok, did you send anything so I can call and ask lawyer they told me it’s confidential and they can’t share any information. So I do not know did Ombudsman office answer or not because my lawyer doesn’t want to answer my questions 🤷🏻‍♀️

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Kama2018 said:

Honestly, I didn’t get any respond from Ombudsman. When I called Ombudsman office after a month from opening case with them,  office told me that I should ask about everything from lawyer because he’s address was on my file. And when I asked ok, did you send anything so I can call and ask lawyer they told me it’s confidential and they can’t share any information. So I do not know did Ombudsman office answer or not because my lawyer doesn’t want to answer my questions 🤷🏻‍♀️

They are saying this because Attorneys can call the VAWA Unit and talk to representatives, and obtian information on your case.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
1 hour ago, ValeryK said:

My attorney said that they don’t let them do it anymore. 

That is only due to COVID-19 and limited staff in the office, but they are responding to emails from attorneys.  

On 12/23/2020 at 11:04 PM, HoustonVAWA said:

Timeline:

December, 2017 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application.
September, 2018 We received your Form I-360.
November, 2018 We mailed a request for additional evidence for your Form I-360.
March, 2019 We scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application.
April, 2020 We sent a request for additional evidence for your Form I-360. 
June, 2020 We received your response for Form I-360.
September, 2020 I-360 Was Approved.
December, 2020 Medical notice and mailed it.  
December 23, 2020 New Card Is Being Produced for I-485.

When did you send your medicals? 

hey guys my 360 status shows that request for additional evidence sent 10 days ago, i didnt receive the notice yet. i'm getting freaked out and tense on what they exactly want. How much time i have to respond to that once i receive it ? is it 30 days from the uscis mailing date ? can you seek extension if they are asking for complex stuff ? please kindly advise! i appreciate your help! thnka you

Timeline
31 minutes ago, sam012019 said:

hey guys my 360 status shows that request for additional evidence sent 10 days ago, i didnt receive the notice yet. i'm getting freaked out and tense on what they exactly want. How much time i have to respond to that once i receive it ? is it 30 days from the uscis mailing date ? can you seek extension if they are asking for complex stuff ? please kindly advise! i appreciate your help! thnka you

They normally give you 87 days to return the requested information.  Do not panic, it can be something really simple.  

On 2/10/2021 at 2:50 PM, FeDaniela said:

The USCIS designate doctor print and fill out this form for you. It seems the NYC Local office is sending RFE for medical for certain cases to move forward for approval instead on sending interviews. 

how is USCIS and local office are related? If USCIS sends RFE , they talk to NYC local office first?

6 hours ago, sam012019 said:

Please don't panic that's why this community is here.. many of us got RFE let us know when and what they are asking we will guide you through it! USCIS usually tells you when they expect your response back sometimes 30days or more you will scale through take it easy dear!😊👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.