2,962 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, neimovirna said:

Hi everyone 

maybe it’s a stupid question, I apologize in advance Lol

I need to file for my EAD extension right about now, and I don’t know what to do - to do it under c31 or under c09?
My i485 is pending in Nebraska center, but no updates since 2018. 

If I decide to file under c09, do I have to pay a fee (first time they gave me Ead c09 with no fee while I was still waiting for my interview for i485 marriage-based). So if I file under c09, do I file it to Vermont? How will they know my i485 is pending? Will they know, or I have to mail them a copy of i485 receipt?

or should I just file under c31 and stop overthinking it? 
when I think about all of this, I get overwhelmed, and I just keep delaying filing, but time passes and I will need that EAD soon!

please, if anyone can advise, I would appreciate 

You can Renew either of both EAD, and whichever you decide to renew you need to sent a copy of the base you are renewing under EAD C31 copy of your I- 360 approval notice, EAD C09 Copy of your I-485 receipt.  But I recommend C09 it seems to be process faster, everything is sent to Vermont Service Center, you must paid the fee if your I-485 was sent with a fee waiver, or sent the renewal including a fee waiver as well.. No Idea why your I-485 is in Nebraska Center, you should inquiry with your Congress person. 

Filed: Other Timeline
On 2/7/2021 at 8:01 PM, Jennifer90 said:

Hello all,

My VAWA seem approved due to I received a C31 .But I have not received the approval notice .

I am going to sublimit I 485 and I 765 , where is address should I send the package while pending to receive the approval notice ,

Thank you!

Are u a LPR spouse?

Congratulations 

See if you can submit your i485 with i693 an attorney told me it is valid for 2 years (if im not mistaken) 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

It's because the Law say so.

On 2/10/2021 at 5:56 PM, Strife said:

@sandranj, When USCIS ends up sending mails to attorneys that have been removed from our cases, what should we do? And these atty’s don’t even have the courtesy to inform that they’re getting our mails. 
Happened with me for marriage based i485 that was filed by my ex. 

Contact your congressperson and ask him/her to contact the USCIS and to inform that your attorney is not representing you anymore and you informed them about it but they are still sending message to the former attorney.

Timeline
On 2/10/2021 at 4:39 PM, sheima said:

If you have already got your I-360 approved, you still have to file your I-485 and I-360 approval notice with Vermont office? not NBC? Once your I-360 got approved I thought VSC is done with you? Why do you have to resend it there?

If you never filed the I-485 then you have to file with Vermont Service Center.All documents must be submitted to Vermont because this is what the Law says about cases involving VAWA.If you have a pending AOS then you don't have to do anything.

Timeline
On 2/12/2021 at 1:07 PM, Varna said:

Hi All,

I am new here and finding it hard to navigate. Apologies if this is a repeated scenario.

Attorney 1 - Filed marriage based GC on April 2020, sent I-485/I-765/1-130/I-131 and received receipts (MSC********)

After abuse I reached back to attorney and said she cannot support me for VAWA so I reached out to Attorney2 who filed I-360 and re-used my existing I-485

Attorney2 filed VAWA in August 2020 - receipt received Sep 2020 - Prima Facie received Oct 2020

Biometrics received for I-485/I-765 on Jan 6th 2021.

Meanwhile my X has withdrawn I-130 in Nov 2020

1) Should my I-485/I-765/I-130 be transferred to vermont? is this a mandatory step in the process? Receipts says MSC so should be at missouri location and I-360 says EAC and would be vermont

2) When should i be expecting EAD and travel parole? Currently I-765 is outside processing time and I have submitted a request with USCIS and there has been no response. Reached out to Attorney2 and she says she did not file them and cannot help me regarding it.

Overall I am confused with my processing timelines and feel like attorneys have been taking money but do not give me the right information or help in my vulnerable situation. Any guidance is appreciated.

If your spouse withdrew form I-130 then your I-485 was denied, if they didn't deny yet they will deny for sure, it's the Law!. Once USCIS deny your I-485 they will not issue your work permit and advance parole.

Edited by sandranj

Hi guys, so as I am getting my EAD C31 as well as travel authorization.

Have anybody traveled recently with that document ( during COVID ), I know sometimes they don't allow e.g. tourist to enter the country, 

is enetring with AP ok now?

09/2017 - Married US.C

02/2018 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

X?/2018 - Interview, went BAD! 

01/2019 - lawyer withdraw my GC-marriage case

01/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

03/2019 - EAD, AP approval

02/2021 - EAD C31 received

02/2021 - I-360 VAWA approved

57 minutes ago, HRQX said:

It depends. Which countries are you going to visit?

oh really?

What about Mexico?

09/2017 - Married US.C

36 minutes ago, aguta said:

What about Mexico?

You can travel back to the US after visiting Mexico. But flying is recommended, since the land POEs have been inconsistent with the enforcement of "essential travel." Before boarding the flight you'll need "proof of a negative COVID-19 test or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19." https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/fr-proof-negative-test.html

For a list of countries you should not go to (unless exempt to the relevant proclamations), see below:

Edited by HRQX

1 hour ago, HRQX said:

You can travel back to the US after visiting Mexico. But flying is recommended, since the land POEs have been inconsistent with the enforcement of "essential travel." Before boarding the flight you'll need "proof of a negative COVID-19 test or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19." https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/fr-proof-negative-test.html

For a list of countries you should not go to (unless exempt to the relevant proclamations), see below:

Oh myyyy thank you so much for all that info!!!

09/2017 - Married US.C

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.