2,962 posts in this topic

Timeline
9 hours ago, Sam96 said:

Hi everyone!!! 
Hope everyone one has a relaxing and safe weekend.

This might be a dumb question I’m not sure, but is the ssn we get with our Ead literally for work only or can we use it for credit? (I think I already know the answer but still asking) 

Cheers 

I believe the work only sign on the ssc is to tell your employer that you are not a GC holder, otherwise I don’t know what that sign do.

15 hours ago, Demise said:

I managed to get an EAD approval (DACA, not AOS) expedited via my congressman's office. I asked them to inquire about both my VAWA and my DACA, they did, they received a response that's basically "it'll be done when it's done" for both, but the day after the response VSC renewed my DACA.

How long did you wait for their response since the day you inquired through congressman? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Everyone, I hope to see lots more approvals coming for everyone here.

My problem is this:

I have submitted i360/i485/i765 (c31) to VSC and within 2 weeks I received notices for all of them, now during my time on here I have learnt that I should have filed i765 (c9) instead as that would get me my EAD while waiting for a decision on i485/i360. I have now submitted and extra i765 (c9) with copy of my i485 receipt notice and it's been over four weeks and I haven't received a notice for my new i765 (c9). 

Is this normal, Have anyone experience this long wait for a receipt notice and if it's not normal what should I do?

1 hour ago, Jennifer90 said:

Thank you ,my dear!

Do I need to send the approval notice to USCIS after I received it ? I just sent I 485 and I765 while i received the C31 .

Truth is not everyone gets the approval notice but still finish up the same..USCIS has that info so you may choose to send or leave it alone but if you choose to send, you might want to include a cover letter saying that you submitted the i485 and i765 earlier(include receipt notices) and that you only just received the i360 approval notice!👍

56 minutes ago, MrDoubleThums said:

Hey Everyone, I hope to see lots more approvals coming for everyone here.

My problem is this:

I have submitted i360/i485/i765 (c31) to VSC and within 2 weeks I received notices for all of them, now during my time on here I have learnt that I should have filed i765 (c9) instead as that would get me my EAD while waiting for a decision on i485/i360. I have now submitted and extra i765 (c9) with copy of my i485 receipt notice and it's been over four weeks and I haven't received a notice for my new i765 (c9). 

Is this normal, Have anyone experience this long wait for a receipt notice and if it's not normal what should I do?

Most people wait up to 8weeks for receipt notices give it more time!👍

Filed: Other Timeline
20 hours ago, cindy122808 said:

I remember we had the same sched but cancelled on the Jan 19th, my field office just rescheduled me for interview,  got the GC on Feb 3. Praying you will get your approval without interview 🙏

Thank you Cindy :)

Filed: Other Timeline
12 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

If you were asked to send it in, then do so! It's also very likely your interview will be waived! And if the doctors signature is less than 60days old, do send it in.. if more than, then you'll need an updated document!😊👍

Thanks for your reply, I sent medical exam report on Thursday. Just praying to the God now🙏

Hello everybody!

I'm new here and was trying to find the answer to my question, but there is so many posts I couldn't go over all of them :)

I hope maybe somebody knows the answer?

I applied for VAWA 2 years ago, I applied for all the important stuff together likw I 485, I 360, I 765 etc. ( Ok, fine  my lawyer applied )

I received my Prima Facie, I received EAD, I actually had to apply for another EAD because it expired, the new EAD is good till 08/2021.

In November 2020 I replied for the  request for additional evidence RFE and waited... and waited.

I just checked my I 360 status and it said

"On February 12, 2021, the Post Office delivered your new card for Receipt Number EAC***, to the address that you gave us. "

So ... what does it mean? What NEW CARD did I receive? I didn't apply for the new EAD card, I didn't go for the I 485 interview?

My lawyers office is closed till Tuesday and I just can't sleep without knowing! 

Did anybody else received something like that?

Edited by aguta

09/2017 - Married US.C

02/2018 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

X?/2018 - Interview, went BAD! 

01/2019 - lawyer withdraw my GC-marriage case

01/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

03/2019 - EAD, AP approval

02/2021 - EAD C31 received

02/2021 - I-360 VAWA approved

12 minutes ago, aguta said:

Hello everybody!

I'm new here and was trying to find the answer to my question, but there is so many posts I couldn't go over all of them :)

I hope maybe somebody knows the answer?

I applied for VAWA 2 years ago, I applied for all the important stuff together likw I 485, I 360, I 765 etc. ( Ok, fine  my lawyer applied )

I received my Prima Facie, I received EAD, I actually had to apply for another EAD because it expired, the new EAD is good till 08/2021.

In November 2020 I replied for the  request for additional evidence RFE and waited... and waited.

I just checked my I 360 status and it said

"On February 12, 2021, the Post Office delivered your new card for Receipt Number EAC***, to the address that you gave us. "

So ... what does it mean? What NEW CARD did I receive? I didn't apply for the new EAD card, I didn't go for the I 485 interview?

My lawyers office is closed till Tuesday and I just can't sleep without knowing! 

Did anybody else received something like that?

It pays to go through previous posts however much it might be.. I did too anyway it looks like your vawa petition has been approved that's the only time you get the card production notification on your i360 case status!Congratulations🎊🎉👍

Just now, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

It pays to go through previous posts however much it might be.. I did too anyway it looks like your vawa petition has been approved that's the only time you get the card production notification on your i360 case status!Congratulations🎊🎉👍

Oh yes I'm still reading and reading :D

you guys write so much useful info! Love it! 

Thank you 😬 I'm still confused 🤦‍♀️ what card would that be?

09/2017 - Married US.C

23 minutes ago, aguta said:

Oh yes I'm still reading and reading :D

you guys write so much useful info! Love it! 

Thank you 😬 I'm still confused 🤦‍♀️ what card would that be?

it is a C31 EAD card and also a sign that the I-360 is approved. the other EAD you have is C09 category and linked to a pending I-485.

I seee! thank you so much both of you!

25 minutes ago, BlueTiger92 said:

it is a C31 EAD card and also a sign that the I-360 is approved. the other EAD you have is C09 category and linked to a pending I-485.

15 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Its a work authorization card category C31!👍

09/2017 - Married US.C

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.