aki

I-129F June Filers

1,334 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i did the steps u said and i got someone from the VSC. she was very helpful. i did not ask her where my case was in the process, but she told me that a notice is going to be sent out to me today. she was not able to tell me what the notice was i asume it did not say, but she said i should hear in about a week and a half so hopefully it is that approval i have been waiting for!! :D for anyone who has to wait as long as i have been i deff. recommend trying this! i hope everyone else has as much luck as i finally did!

DkICm5.png

399Um5.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
i did the steps u said and i got someone from the VSC. she was very helpful. i did not ask her where my case was in the process, but she told me that a notice is going to be sent out to me today. she was not able to tell me what the notice was i asume it did not say, but she said i should hear in about a week and a half so hopefully it is that approval i have been waiting for!! :D for anyone who has to wait as long as i have been i deff. recommend trying this! i hope everyone else has as much luck as i finally did!

I hope so for you......there were 4 of us all together June 4, 5, 6, 7.....I was approved Feb 1.......Ric and Virgil Feb 20 and now you......I think they found the files on someone desk who was on a very long vacation.........I hope you get your letter soon.....or your email today

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hope you hear something soon. Maybe they'll update the internet about the letter they sent you. Are you registered on the website for updates? I know they don't always do it, but everything is worth a try at this point.

Good Luck!

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Timeline

thank u for the luck and im hoping it will all happen soon! :D what updates are u refering to? i put down to be notified by e-mail when they made a decision and yesterday on the uscis website it said my info was updated well yesterday so hopefully thats good *crosses fingers*

DkICm5.png

399Um5.png

Timeline
thank u for the luck and im hoping it will all happen soon! :D what updates are u refering to? i put down to be notified by e-mail when they made a decision and yesterday on the uscis website it said my info was updated well yesterday so hopefully thats good *crosses fingers*

That's great news. It's probably the letter going out to you. Thank goodness you are getting some news. I hope I get some news soon too. I'm soooooo tired of waiting and my miss my sweetie. :blush:

AOS

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Timeline

That's great news. It's probably the letter going out to you. Thank goodness you are getting some news. I hope I get some news soon too. I'm soooooo tired of waiting and my miss my sweetie. :blush:

well turns out that i guess the date u see that it says its updated on the site is the day u go and check cuz today it told me the 22nd so :angry: to that! and at least u got ur approval, but i kno its hard to wait and i kno how ya feel for missing ur sweetie im in the same situation :( just think once ur sweetie is here you will both be together for ur life :D but best of luck to you

DkICm5.png

399Um5.png

Timeline

well turns out that i guess the date u see that it says its updated on the site is the day u go and check cuz today it told me the 22nd so :angry: to that! and at least u got ur approval, but i kno its hard to wait and i kno how ya feel for missing ur sweetie im in the same situation :( just think once ur sweetie is here you will both be together for ur life :D but best of luck to you

No, the website doesn't show an update when you check it. Sometimes it shows an update when you call USCIS. But the updates are generated by action inside USCIS, not by your checks to the site.

AOS

Timeline

Aby, have you received the letter yet?

My SO got his letter yesterday and we finally have an interview scheduled for June 24th. It's kind of far away, but I realize that it's better than not knowing anything. I'm pleased we are moving forward again. Maybe this process will end some day.

Let me know how you're doing. I hope you've heard something!

AOS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so glad to see the tail end of the June filers getting their approvals finally!! I've been watching but not saying anything because I'm right behind you all as a July filer. Congratulations! You deserve to celebrate in a BIG BIG way!

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have a K1 fiance interview scheduled for March 10 in Mumbai. Before I go for the interview to the counsulate:

1. Do I need to submit the documents by courier or drop them off at the VFS office?

2. Or can I submit the documents on the day of the interview?

3. Can I pay the courier fees at the VFS office without submitting my documents?

4. Will photocopies of the documents be enough?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
I have a K1 fiance interview scheduled for March 10 in Mumbai. Before I go for the interview to the counsulate:

1. Do I need to submit the documents by courier or drop them off at the VFS office?

3. Can I pay the courier fees at the VFS office without submitting my documents?

Did they tell you that you needed to send documents? My husband had to submit a couple of forms online to the Tokyo embassy and then brought the rest with him (I-134 and supporting docs as well as I-129f originals and copies of exactly what was sent to USCIS.) The originals for your I-129f packet you should take with you in case they want to verify them, but I would only send what they ask you to send and take everything else with you. Each embassy/consulate is a bit different, but you should never send originals unless they specifically ask for them. Good luck with your interview!

Edited by u2rsobad

K-1 Timeline:

May 31, 2007 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska

Oct. 22, 2007 - NOA2 Hard Copy received!! No email/website update.

Nov. 16, 2007 - Paperwork found & received by NVC!

Jan. 7, 2008 - Finally got the interview date

Jan. 28, 2008 - Interview!! Approved!!!

Feb. 12, 2008 - Arrives in USA!!!

Feb. 18, 2008 - Wedding Day!!!!!!

Feb. 19, 2008 - Apply for SSN

AOS Timeline:

Mar. 12, 2008 - Packet mailed (AOS, EAD, & AP)

Mar. 12, 2008 - Husband's SSN arrives

Mar. 14, 2008 - AOS pkt was delivered at 7:52 AM & signed for by V BUSTAMANTE.

Mar. 18, 2008 - Check cashed!!

Mar. 21, 2008 - NOA's for AOS, EAD & I-131!! (Dated 3-18-08)

Mar. 31, 2008 - Can finally see AP & EAD online!!

Apr. 10, 2008 - Biometrics finished! Can finally see AOS online & EAD touch!

May 12, 2008 - Email: AP approved!!

May 14, 2008 - Email: EAD approved!!

May 16, 2008 - EAD card & AP in hand!!

Sept 19, 2008 - Interview letter - Oct. 24th - Seattle??

Oct. 21, 2008 - A Touch..WOW!! The interviewer must've put it on his/her desk!

Oct. 24, 2008 - Interview..now back to waiting!

Nov 13, 2008 - Approved! Card Production Ordered...finally!!

Nov 24, 2008 - Card arrives!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

My SO got his letter yesterday and we finally have an interview scheduled for June 24th. It's kind of far away, but I realize that it's better than not knowing anything. I'm pleased we are moving forward again. Maybe this process will end some day.

YEA!! You finally got your interview date!! Congratulations! I can't believe it's taken so long and that it's so far out, but at least you finally have a date and can start planning! :thumbs:

Congrats again!!

K-1 Timeline:

May 31, 2007 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska

Oct. 22, 2007 - NOA2 Hard Copy received!! No email/website update.

Nov. 16, 2007 - Paperwork found & received by NVC!

Jan. 7, 2008 - Finally got the interview date

Jan. 28, 2008 - Interview!! Approved!!!

Feb. 12, 2008 - Arrives in USA!!!

Feb. 18, 2008 - Wedding Day!!!!!!

Feb. 19, 2008 - Apply for SSN

AOS Timeline:

Mar. 12, 2008 - Packet mailed (AOS, EAD, & AP)

Mar. 12, 2008 - Husband's SSN arrives

Mar. 14, 2008 - AOS pkt was delivered at 7:52 AM & signed for by V BUSTAMANTE.

Mar. 18, 2008 - Check cashed!!

Mar. 21, 2008 - NOA's for AOS, EAD & I-131!! (Dated 3-18-08)

Mar. 31, 2008 - Can finally see AP & EAD online!!

Apr. 10, 2008 - Biometrics finished! Can finally see AOS online & EAD touch!

May 12, 2008 - Email: AP approved!!

May 14, 2008 - Email: EAD approved!!

May 16, 2008 - EAD card & AP in hand!!

Sept 19, 2008 - Interview letter - Oct. 24th - Seattle??

Oct. 21, 2008 - A Touch..WOW!! The interviewer must've put it on his/her desk!

Oct. 24, 2008 - Interview..now back to waiting!

Nov 13, 2008 - Approved! Card Production Ordered...finally!!

Nov 24, 2008 - Card arrives!!!!

Timeline

I would recommend you going into your regional forum and asking these questions there. Someone familiar with your embassy can give you better info. In Ghana, the embassy paperwork says to send in the paperwork to get the interview date, but the reality is that you take all the paperwork with you the day of the interview and pay the visa fee then as well. I had my SO ask when he picked up the packet and they confirmed that's how they do it now, even though they never updated the paperwork. So basically the instructions are incorrect.

YEA!! You finally got your interview date!! Congratulations! I can't believe it's taken so long and that it's so far out, but at least you finally have a date and can start planning! :thumbs:

Congrats again!!

Thanks!

I didn't think this process would take so long, so I've been quite dejected. The interview is more than a year since I filed my petition. K1 is supposed to be fast, but I guess not for everyone. There are still people behind me, although very few. I just hope we all get through this process sane. :wacko:

I'm so glad to see the tail end of the June filers getting their approvals finally!! I've been watching but not saying anything because I'm right behind you all as a July filer. Congratulations! You deserve to celebrate in a BIG BIG way!

Good Luck with the rest of your process. Lots of July and August filers are approved and even interviewed and here. Definitely not first come first serve. But then this process is certainly nothing it claims to be. Just know that at the end, I'll have my sweetie here with me. So, waiting with bated breath as they say....... :luv:

AOS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Omg I didn't realize your interview is over a year after k-1 filing. Wow and I betcha mine will be too, it sucks! I see AP in your signature too. When someone's file is in AP do they tell you why? I thought AP happened when a waiver was needed for one reason or another, but yours was obviously before your interview.

Do you think those of us that are taking so long are undergoing extra name or background checks? Or is it just bad luck being stuck on a shelf somewhere?

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Timeline

well i have no heard anything :( the only thing i got in the mail today was telling me i did not fill out a yes or no question. such bull sh*t! all i did was check no, sign my name and then mail it back. now it says it'll take 2 weeks from the date they receive it to process it and if i dont hear 60 days after that then call uscis again. ugh im so tired of not hearing anything, but im glad u finally got ur notice :D i hope the best for u and ur sweetie

DkICm5.png

399Um5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.