Allovertheworld

Balikbayan Boxes - Anyone had missing items?

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can get battery chargers that run off 240v

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Boiler said:

You can get battery chargers that run off 240v

Sure, but the ones bought in the USA don't.   

I have been looking for dual voltage charger system but have only found one platform that does it and that platform doesn't have many tools in the family 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
38 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Sure, but the ones bought in the USA don't.   

I have been looking for dual voltage charger system but have only found one platform that does it and that platform doesn't have many tools in the family 

Well a charger should nor be that bad or get one from Amazon.co.uk etc

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

14 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Well a charger should nor be that bad or get one from Amazon.co.uk etc

Lazada is like ebay in PHilippines and you can do COD which is best way to buy and they will deliver to your door usually for free

That ones about $20 USD

M12-18C Li-ion Battery Charger for Milwaukee 12 V 14.4V 18V C1418C 48-11-1815/1828/1840 M18 M14 M12 Lithium Battery | Lazada PH

Edited by Allovertheworld

4 hours ago, payxibka said:

Why do you think Japanese auto makers have factories in the USA?  To avoid tariffs!!!

Duty is based on country of origin not country of HQ.  BTW, Rigid power tools are also made by TTI under a license agreement.

Tariffs are often based on the commodity first, country of origin second, based on industries within the importing country, etc.

Philippines tariffs, I don't quite understand.  They have cheap imported tools like Lotus, but then brands like Milwaukee are super expensive.  Maybe the base prices are very different.  E.G., a Lotus drill might start with a value of $10 and get a 100% tariff, which = $20 + retail markup = $40.  Milwaukee might be base value of $100 and get 100% tariff = $200 + retail markup = $400.

Even if made in China, the Milwaukee parent company would set the wholesale base price.

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Just now, seekingthetruth said:

Tariffs are often based on the commodity first, country of origin second, based on industries within the importing country, etc.

Philippines tariffs, I don't quite understand.  They have cheap imported tools like Lotus, but then brands like Milwaukee are super expensive.  Maybe the base prices are very different.  E.G., a Lotus drill might start with a value of $10 and get a 100% tariff, which = $20 + retail markup = $40.  Milwaukee might be base value of $100 and get 100% tariff = $200 + retail markup = $400.

Even if made in China, the Milwaukee parent company would set the wholesale base price.

Look at China Town in large cities in Philippines, you can get stuff there dirt cheap, some times it good quality some times it not. I don't really understand the tariff either. 

I wonder in Chinatown they are paying bribes to customs guys to get shipments in

6 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

Here is some Milwaukee tool from the USA that are 110 some one trying to get like $800 for a few tools.  

Milwaukee 2696-24 M18 Cordless Compact Combo Tool Kit ( FROM THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 110 VOLTS) | Lazada PH

And they probably imported it in a BB box!

Spouse

Stepdaughter

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

9 hours ago, RO_AH said:

I have never had anything missing in a BB box. I have alway used used LBC. I usually send 1 box every 6-8 weeks.

We have some older Filipino guy who comes to the house and picks it up with a dolly and loads into his van

I sure he makes few bucks but he loads them up and drops off another empty box each time.

I don't think we have a LBC near us, or last time I checked there wasn't one. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/24/2020 at 9:48 AM, Allovertheworld said:

We have never had an issue to date and sent many of them.

I am sending a Milwuakee M18 Bundle Set of Cordless tools almost taking up the box, and wife is sending a LV purse for her sister, both still in the box it they were shipped to my house in, along with assorted stuff she sends.

I know one day our luck will run out.

Here is a link to the tools bundle from Home Depot, it's a pretty sweet deal and running for Black Friday

Milwaukee M18 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Combo Tool Kit (9-Tool) with (3) 4.0 Ah Batteries, Charger and Tool Bag-2695-29P - The Home Depot

Just checking if you have ever had issues of having a box missing or items removed ? 

Slightly off track.  There is a capacitor swap that can be done to make those chargers work for 220V   ... youtube is your friend.  ;)  

As for missing items, never had it happen and we have shipped spendy items at times.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

5 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

We have some older Filipino guy who comes to the house and picks it up with a dolly and loads into his van

I sure he makes few bucks but he loads them up and drops off another empty box each time.

I don't think we have a LBC near us, or last time I checked there wasn't one. 

Where do you live? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.