roymaakens

Travel consent for child (split)

9 posts in this topic

Hi, 

Happy that I found this thread! 

I am planning to travel out of the Philippines with my daughter who is 6.5 months old and born in the Philippines, to spend Christmas with the family back in the Netherlands. It will be on a Dutch temporary passport. I am a Dutch male citizen and I will travel without the mother who is a Filipina, we are not married to each other (but I have consent of travel notarized). I will not need a DSWD clearance for this travel? And what are the requirements for exit clearance if I have consent of travel but mother will not accompany? 

Thank you! 

11 hours ago, roymaakens said:

I am planning to travel out of the Philippines with my daughter who is 6.5 months old and born in the Philippines, to spend Christmas with the family back in the Netherlands. It will be on a Dutch temporary passport. I am a Dutch male citizen and I will travel without the mother who is a Filipina, we are not married to each other (but I have consent of travel notarized). I will not need a DSWD clearance for this travel? And what are the requirements for exit clearance if I have consent of travel but mother will not accompany?

If you intend to return to the Philippines with the baby, she will need a Philippine passport (and you will need a visa).  If she has a Philippine passport, you will need DSWD travel clearance for her.  A notarized letter will not be enough as BI officers know you can easily get any letter notarized at random street corners in the Philippines.

3 minutes ago, Chancy said:

If you intend to return to the Philippines with the baby, she will need a Philippine passport (and you will need a visa).  If she has a Philippine passport, you will need DSWD travel clearance for her.  A notarized letter will not be enough as BI officers know you can easily get any letter notarized at random street corners in the Philippines.

Hi again,

What I mean is that I would of course get exit clearance in Intramuros before going to the airport. 
The mother is in the province and unable to follow, that´s why we got the documents notarized so that they´re valid. 

Thank you. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Hijack post split off from ZOmbie thread. Please always start your own thread for questions you may have.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

8 hours ago, roymaakens said:

Hi again,

What I mean is that I would of course get exit clearance in Intramuros before going to the airport. 
The mother is in the province and unable to follow, that´s why we got the documents notarized so that they´re valid. 

Thank you. 

I don't think you understood. Does the child have a Philippines passport?

Why are you separating a 6.5 old baby from the mother just so your relatives can see the child for a few weeks?  You are going to take a 6.5 month old child on a 15+ hour flight by yourself?

You are Dutch, but have something to do with getting a Q1 visa in the U.S. and also have something to do with United Arab Emirates and Philippines?

Sorry to be blunt, but something does not smell right here.

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

45 minutes ago, seekingthetruth said:

I don't think you understood. Does the child have a Philippines passport?

Why are you separating a 6.5 old baby from the mother just so your relatives can see the child for a few weeks?  You are going to take a 6.5 month old child on a 15+ hour flight by yourself?

You are Dutch, but have something to do with getting a Q1 visa in the U.S. and also have something to do with United Arab Emirates and Philippines?

Sorry to be blunt, but something does not smell right here.

No, the child does not have a passport issued by the Philippines, if you go in to the website of DFA, you can see that within metro Manila, the next available slot for issuing passport is in about 2 months time. I don´t know why you are insinuating that I am separating our child from the mother when she herself wants us to travel and see the grandparents our child has never met, you call that strange? The trip was not planned planned well in advanced due to uncertainties with covid-19, meaning there was no chance to get a Schengen visa for my partner even if we tried. Meanwhile, my partner could spend Christmas with her family (who have already met our child several times). That I didn´t take time to enter the right country in a registration process for a forum I´m registering in to ask a question one time makes me fishy? 

7 minutes ago, roymaakens said:

No, the child does not have a passport issued by the Philippines, if you go in to the website of DFA, you can see that within metro Manila, the next available slot for issuing passport is in about 2 months time. I don´t know why you are insinuating that I am separating our child from the mother when she herself wants us to travel and see the grandparents our child has never met, you call that strange? The trip was not planned planned well in advanced due to uncertainties with covid-19, meaning there was no chance to get a Schengen visa for my partner even if we tried. Meanwhile, my partner could spend Christmas with her family (who have already met our child several times). That I didn´t take time to enter the right country in a registration process for a forum I´m registering in to ask a question one time makes me fishy? 

Taking a child that small away from it's mother at the age of 6.5 months is the first thing that is fishy.  A baby should still be breastfeeding at 6.5 months.  I have never met a mother who would send her 6.5  month old baby off a major cross globe trip with her boyfriend, for a Christmas visit.

If the true reasons for doing this are as you stated, then I will retract the "fishy" part and replace it with "extremely selfish".  It seems that nobody is thinking of the child's welfare.  And as said by someone else, if you manage to leave the Philippines with the child, it can't return.  If the mother agrees to that, something else is going on here.

Spouse

Stepdaughter

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

44 minutes ago, seekingthetruth said:

Taking a child that small away from it's mother at the age of 6.5 months is the first thing that is fishy.  A baby should still be breastfeeding at 6.5 months.  I have never met a mother who would send her 6.5  month old baby off a major cross globe trip with her boyfriend, for a Christmas visit.

If the true reasons for doing this are as you stated, then I will retract the "fishy" part and replace it with "extremely selfish".  It seems that nobody is thinking of the child's welfare.  And as said by someone else, if you manage to leave the Philippines with the child, it can't return.  If the mother agrees to that, something else is going on here.

Valid Point :thumbs:

Story sounds dubious to me too.

Why choose this year, out of all possible years, to travel internationally with a 6.5 month old baby and leave the mother behind? 

How is the baby getting back into the country wihout a Philippine passport? How is the OP getting back into the Philippines after this holiday travel? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.