Calimay

Milligan Vs. Pompeo Ruling

165 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

How can we find about a new round? Twitter/Newsletter/Reddit etc?

Could join round 3 as petition hasn't reached NVC yet! 

x

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jess and D said:

x

Follow gsiskind on twitter. He updates regularly about the lawsuit and if new plaintiffs are added he'll inform about it there.

There's also a link to his law firm's website on there (I don't think links are allowed here, so you'll have to look yourself) with contact information. I know that at least before he's had a waiting list that you can sign up for and if new plaintiffs are added again in the future you'd get an email.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
17 hours ago, Jess and D said:

x

The deadline was yesterday, although the lawyers said they might be able to add a couple more if time allows. I don't think you can join if you don't even have the NOA

The lawyers said it a few times they won't do a round 4 after this. They will file a second motion to ask the judge for make his ruling universal so all K-1 visas will be processed. But I think the DOS might fight against it. 

Edited by EricLT

Timeline
21 hours ago, stuckonyou said:

Follow gsiskind on twitter. He updates regularly about the lawsuit and if new plaintiffs are added he'll inform about it there.

There's also a link to his law firm's website on there (I don't think links are allowed here, so you'll have to look yourself) with contact information. I know that at least before he's had a waiting list that you can sign up for and if new plaintiffs are added again in the future you'd get an email.

Thanks for the info!! I've found his twitter and facebook, appreciate it. 

4 hours ago, EricLT said:

The deadline was yesterday, although the lawyers said they might be able to add a couple more if time allows. I don't think you can join if you don't even have the NOA

The lawyers said it a few times they won't do a round 4 after this. They will file a second motion to ask the judge for make his ruling universal so all K-1 visas will be processed. But I think the DOS might fight against it. 

Oh no that's unfortunate, i thought there would be another round after this. Our case has just reached NVC it seems, missed the deadline by few days lol. Imo, DOS will definitely not make it universal which is really saddening. 

On 2/8/2021 at 12:38 PM, stuckonyou said:

That would be amazing if that were to happen. 😍

Looks like the current Administration wants to keep the unlawful "No Visa Policy" as long as they can. The lawyers for the Plaintiffs say they'll try to make the judge's order a wider/universal relief: https://www.facebook.com/kuckimmigration/videos/the-siskindjosephhallkuck-update-on-pending-litigation/250071949899560/ (Start at 7:06) But the government lawyers have said they'll fight that motion:

IMO, odds are that the Plaintiff lawyers would win on that motion.

Can anyone provide some info for how to write up an individual mandamus for those of us in non-banned countries? Other than paying a lawyer, that is. What kind of info are they looking for?

Edited by uapilot

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Suskind confirmed to me in an email that non-banned countries could not join round three.  Had I known about this lawsuit, I would have joined round two in a heartbeat.  Suskind estimated $5000 plus for an individual lawsuit.

1 minute ago, Ivoryguy36 said:

Suskind confirmed to me in an email that non-banned countries could not join round three.  Had I known about this lawsuit, I would have joined round two in a heartbeat.  Suskind estimated $5000 plus for an individual lawsuit.

Yea, I just asked him on one of the latest livestreams, and they said to not bother with a mandamus since it might be grouped with their class-action. I wasn't even keeping track of the suit during round two. Otherwise I would've joined, too.

Are there any participants here who have received their K1 visas but expired before they could travel to the US due to the travel ban? Has the lawsuit helped your consulate re-issue your visa?

Also bummed out that my situation was covered under their lawsuit but did not join Round 3 in time... I am considering an individual lawsuit

Edited by Plaxerous

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Plaxerous said:

Are there any participants here who have received their K1 visas but expired before they could travel to the US due to the travel ban? Has the lawsuit helped your consulate re-issue your visa?

Also bummed out that my situation was covered under their lawsuit but did not join Round 3 in time... I am considering an individual lawsuit

There was at least one plaintiff with this situation in London and they reissued her visa.

1 minute ago, werdna said:

There was at least one plaintiff with this situation in London and they reissued her visa.

Thanks that's good to know! The DoS seems to only recognize Milligan Vs. Pompeo as the only lawsuit they're taking seriously... but I'll call the law firms involved in the suit to see how much an individual lawsuit would cost. Hopefully it won't break the bank...

Timeline
11 hours ago, Plaxerous said:

This is my situation but I'm not a plaintiff. My case should have been straight forward but they are using the travel ban as an excuse to not process non-plaintiffs. London Embassy have been dealing with k1 plaintiffs from round 1 and 2 as far as I'm aware. I'm not sure about round 3 though. I just hope things start getting better. Getting through each day is becoming more and more difficult, as I'm sure it is for the thousands of other couples out there (both visa and non visa related). 

2 hours ago, A&D25612 said:

This is my situation but I'm not a plaintiff. My case should have been straight forward but they are using the travel ban as an excuse to not process non-plaintiffs. London Embassy have been dealing with k1 plaintiffs from round 1 and 2 as far as I'm aware. I'm not sure about round 3 though. I just hope things start getting better. Getting through each day is becoming more and more difficult, as I'm sure it is for the thousands of other couples out there (both visa and non visa related). 

Ah sorry to hear about that! It sucks how arbitrary the travel bans seem to be.

Did you try the individual mandamus yet or are you just trying your best with the embassy?

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Plaxerous said:

Ah sorry to hear about that! It sucks how arbitrary the travel bans seem to be.

Did you try the individual mandamus yet or are you just trying your best with the embassy?

Thanks. And no, we can't financially afford a mandamus, which is also why we didn't participate in the lawsuit. Couldn't quarantine in another country for 14 days either (not that I could at the time because I didn't have enough days on my visa to have allowed it) as money was also an issue. The k1 process is pretty tough financially anyway, and now I got to go through the medical and interview etc again (when they eventually begin the reissuance process) so I got to try save for that, and likely more plane fares if my current voucher expires (the company we bought from extended it to June 2021). If we had the money spare we definitely would have joined the first round. 

Edited by A&D25612

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I would suggest waiting a little bit and not to sue individually. If the judge agrees to make his original ruling universally applies to all k1, you won't need to sue. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.