mjm2950

Help, need guidance

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I just found out (private investigator provided hard evidence) that my immigrant wife is having an affair. I filed the I751 on January 31 2007. Have had the bio done. No further information since. I obviously no longer wish to support my wife's (will be filing divorce papers next week) petition for the 10 year green card. Does anyone know how or what I should do to accomplish this? SHould I just FedEx a letter to Nebraska with the case number and my reasons for withdrawing support. Any feedback would be appreciated. This has come a quite a surpise to me. Thank you.

Filed: Timeline
I just found out (private investigator provided hard evidence) that my immigrant wife is having an affair. I filed the I751 on January 31 2007. Have had the bio done. No further information since. I obviously no longer wish to support my wife's (will be filing divorce papers next week) petition for the 10 year green card. Does anyone know how or what I should do to accomplish this? SHould I just FedEx a letter to Nebraska with the case number and my reasons for withdrawing support. Any feedback would be appreciated. This has come a quite a surpise to me. Thank you.

I am really sorry to hear this is happening. I believe from other posts that I've read that you need to let USCIS know as soon as possible... but then again I am not familiar with Adjustment of Status processes.

Sending you good vibes, L.

mjm - proceed with the divorce action and let your wife worry about her petition.

Len_and_Bren - This is not adjustment of status. That's been done and finished already.

Yodrak

I am really sorry to hear this is happening. I believe from other posts that I've read that you need to let USCIS know as soon as possible... but then again I am not familiar with Adjustment of Status processes.

Sending you good vibes, L.

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Sorry you have to go through this :(

At this point you can't take away her permanent residency - it will be up to USCIS. Most likely, she will need to re-file I-751 when the divorce becomes final and request a waiver of joint filing requirement.

You can write letters to USCIS and tell them all about your wife's infidelity, but as long as she entered the marriage in good faith in the first place, and as long as she can prove it, she will be able to remove conditions on her own.

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

I am sorry to hear your situations. Just go with the divorce process and move one, let her worry about the GC.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I am sorry that you are going through this right now.

I do believe that you should speak to an attorney about this matter to make sure that you are protected, especially since you had previously written (about a week ago) that you and your wife were divorcing because you both discovered that there were fertility problems.

Included in that, you mentioned that the marriage was in good faith and that you did not want to ruin her chances of lifting conditions.

Of course with this new news, you might not feel as you then did, I sure would not be as gracious - I would want my spouse to feel as awful as well. However, she may still have enough proof that this was a marriage in good faith. She might be able to claim that her inability to have children led you to no longer wish to remain married to her.

This place is always full of good advice - good luck

Complete

mjm,

What would be your rationale for wishing to withdraw the sponsorship? Does sponsoring a foreign-born wife offer some sort of guarantee of fidelity in your mind?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

I don't want to be too harsh but maybe the news that you were dumping her for infertility led her to seek comfort elsewhere. If you want a divorce then maybe you should focus on your needs and leave her to see to hers.

Edited by RosemarieL

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Um he means infidelity hun not infertility, two quite different things, for his sake hopefully she is quite infertile so her infidelity will not possibly harm him in the long run.

Sincerely,

Ramos

da thread killa

Ramos,

Nope - RosemarieL is right on. Read mjm's one other post to VJ, for which he was severly beaten by an angry mob.

Yodrak

Um he means infidelity hun not infertility, two quite different things, for his sake hopefully she is quite infertile so her infidelity will not possibly harm him in the long run.

Sincerely,

Ramos

RosemarieL,

Good catch, well done.

Yodrak

I don't want to be too harsh but maybe the news that you were dumping her for infertility led her to seek comfort elsewhere. If you want a divorce then maybe you should focus on your needs and leave her to see to hers.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Jesus Christ I'd cheat on you too. Let the poor woman do what she wants with immigration. It's not really cheating if one member of the relationship has already declared the relationship over.

And yet, 11 days ago, in your last post, you didn't want to hurt her 10 yr GC.

My wife and I will be divorcing. She is probably 2 months away from the interview to get her 10 year green card. Does anyone know what will happen when she shows up without me. Our marriage was legitimate, she is unable to have children and this was a surprise to both of us. We have spent over a year and a great deal of money on infertility to no success. She deserves to stay in the US without question. Having children was my main purspose in going to Ukraine. I will probably want to go overseas again as soon as possible. I do not want to take any action that will hurt her obtaining a 10 year card, but also do not want to do anything to prejudice my being able to bring in a new lady, possibly late this year. Any feedback before I talk to an immigration attorney would be great (I have done all the paperwork myself up to now).

Jesus Christ I'd cheat on you too. Let the poor woman do what she wants with immigration. It's not really cheating if one member of the relationship has already declared the relationship over.

I agree :yes: ..I thought marriage is for good and bad :( and from this guys post ..it sounds like he is married to this woman just so he can have kids....this woman deserve better LET HER MOVE ON WITH HER LIFE... :angry:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

he's flip floppin' worse than Romney!!! :whistle:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.