TBoneTX

All Things Coronavirus (Part 2)

2,372 posts in this topic

Timeline

The VAERS website released its weekly numbers on Friday.

There are now 11,140 reported deaths from the COVID vaccine in the United States.

This is up from 9,125 reported deaths from the COVID-19 vaccinations total from last week.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/07/second-week-row-covid-19-vaccination-deaths-covid-19-deaths-us-according-cdc-vaers-websites/

Anyone can report events to VAERS (www.vaers.hhs.gov/reportevent.html), with a disclaimer on the website of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) saying: “The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable."

When downloading the data, users are presented with a further disclaimer that the data does not include information from investigations into reported cases. The disclaimer also says “the inclusion of events in VAERS data does not imply causality."

The CDC here says COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective, “under the most intense safety monitoring in United States history,” and recommends receiving the vaccine as soon as possible. It also explains that VAERS accepts reports of any adverse event regardless of proof that it was caused by the vaccine. Reports can be submitted by an individual.

In response to the posts, Martha Sharon from the CDC Vaccine Task Force, COVID Response Public Affairs team shared a CDC page with Reuters which reads, in part, that, “When a serious adverse event is reported, like death, CDC follows-up to get medical records, death certificates which specify the cause of death, and autopsy reports. CDC reviews these records and verifies the certified cause of death. Then does further analysis to see if there’s anything unusual or unexpected happening.”

It goes on to establish this lack of causality: “A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records, has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines.” (A “plausible causal relationship” has been found between the Janssen vaccine and rare, serious blood clots that have caused deaths.)

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-vaers-faers/fact-check-vaers-and-faers-data-shown-does-not-prove-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-events-and-deaths-idUSL2N2OE1ZA

False reports to VAERS

VAERS is like the Wikipedia of data reporting. Anyone can report anything. Many reports are helpful. Some reports are nonsense – one anesthesiologist successfully submitted a VAERS report that the flu vaccine had turned him into The Incredible Hulk. Another false report of a 2-year-old dying from a COVID-19 vaccine was removed from VAERS because the CDC says it was "completely made up."

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/does-vaers-list-deaths-caused-by-covid-19-vaccines

And from the CDC itself, from its handout on "Understanding the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System":

Remember, just because an adverse event or condition has been reported does not prove that the adverse event is caused by vaccination.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/patient-ed/conversations/downloads/vacsafe-vaers-color-office.pdf

VAERS is supposed to act like a canary in a coal mine. It is not meant to be conclusive. I read the Gateway Pundit article. In my opinion, it does not make clear that these numbers are not conclusive. That is a serious weakness in the reporting.

I'm not saying there aren't possible deaths linked to the vaccination. It's just that the CDC has said VAERS is not a source for determining how many people have died as a result of being vaccinated. Think of it this way: all last year, some people were up in arms about deaths being reported as COVID-related when the virus was possibly not the true cause of death (like if the person had another disease that was exacerbated by COVID). Now it is right to report that the person had COVID, and that the virus could be one of the causes of death. But was it the COVID that killed them or the (for example) existing emphysema? VAERS is self-reporting, which is good and bad. Good, because people might feel more comfortable submitting their side effects rather than speak to a healthcare professional. Bad, because it is (by design) a noisy system and right now we are looking for signals. Which is where the CDC comes in, to sort through the reports and investigate. The raw numbers are kind of meaningless to laypeople and need to be interpreted by people who know what they're doing.

I reported my side effects to VAERS by the way. :) I am very much alive, last time I checked.

Timeline

We will never truly know just how few people died from covid.  And I find that very sad.

I also know more people who died after getting the vaccine than died from covid.  That, too, is sad.

I also find it problematic that the testing requirements (number of cycles) for those vaccinated have decreased from before we had vaccines.

But yes, you are correct about VAERS. It IS a self-reporting site.  Always has been, even when it was used for the flu.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

217628971_10220185056839415_3406484526898935896_n.thumb.jpg.14d66282cf7a566d3241b184ad651c56.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The Texas Democrats are being called the fleebags.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Since Old Senile Joe was talking about the Vid during this townhall, it seems appropriate here.  I believe the question was when will the vaccines be approved for children under 12.

Biden ‘rambles’ whether or not there’s ‘a man on the moon’

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/united-states/biden-rambles-whether-or-not-theres-a-man-on-the-moon/video/47920fef178a6d07693eee4a67f655b5

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

MR. LEMON:  — a commendable attribute to have. 

But even with my own family — I was just able to get with them.  I haven’t seen my mom in a year and a half, except for two weeks ago.  I hadn’t seen my family for two years since the last time they visited me two summers ago.  But even within my own family — here I am on television every night — there is ambivalence, there’s misinformation, and there’s also mistrust in the system.  How do you fix that? 

THE PRESIDENT:  Well, I think — you’re going to — this is going to seem like a non-answer to start with.  One of the things I said when I ran for office — it’s not Democrat or Republican again — is we got to restore faith in government.  You got to get people to a point where they trust government. 

And I made a commitment that when I made a mistake, I’d tell you I’ve made mistakes.  And when I think I got it right, I’ll say it.  But I’ll take responsibility for what I do and say. 

Part of it is just generally — (applause) — no, I don’t mean that — part of it is, generally, raising confidence in elected officials.  Raising confidence.  And I know this is going to sound like a non-answer to you, but part of this is that, you know — you know because you’re one of the most informed journalists in the country.  You know the criticism I got when I said I’m going to unite the country.  They said, “You can’t unite the country.”  Well, if we can’t unite the country, we can never get some of these problems solved. 

And that goes to trust.  Why can’t you unite the country?  Why isn’t there a willingness to trust?  Government trust is really at a — was at an incredibly low ebb.  It’s coming up some. 

So with regard to your family in particular.  Part of it is not just that they see you on television and trust you; the people who seem to have the most impact are the — are, you know, that — for that 17-year-old kid, the kid that he or she plays ball with.  “You got the vaccination?  Are you okay?  I mean, you seem…”  “No, it works.”  Or you, you know — or the mom and dad, or the neighbor, or when you go to church, or when you’re — no, I really mean it. 

There are trusted interlocutors.  Think of the people — if your kid wanted to find out whether or not there were — there’s a man on the moon, or whatever — you know, something, or, you know, whether those aliens are here or not — you know, who are the people they talk to beyond the kids who love talking about it?  They go to people they respect, and they say, “What do you think?”

And so they should be asking other people — the people there — everything from their teachers to their ministers to the priest, to people that they trust.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2021/07/22/remarks-by-president-biden-in-a-cnn-town-hall-with-don-lemon/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dashinka said:

how many non-answers are in that rambling?

Doubtful that anyone can answer that...

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

6 hours ago, Dashinka said:

So how many non-answers are in that rambling?

I dunno, I completely understood what he was saying. 🤷‍♀️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I dunno, I completely understood what he was saying. 🤷‍♀️

it's not fair when you have Ozzy Osbourne as your translator........

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

3 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

it's not fair when you have Ozzy Osbourne as your translator........

Mmmm, Al actually sounds very posh but I do not tell him that. I also do not tell him that he sounds English posh because that's even worse. 

Health update (COVID related): I have been unwell for three months. Not just eh, I feel subpar, but like in agony more days than not for the past three months. My joints were in so much pain there were times I seriously considered whether a dirt nap might be preferable to continuing to live. I had to go to urgent care, where I got a shot of liquid ibuprofen in my butt (not fun) which helped but I did not get better. Tests, tests, more tests, lots of problems getting blood out of me, bruised up arms from unsuccessful blood draws so I had to wear three-quarter length shirts because I looked like a sloppy IV drug user! Oh, and I fainted during one of the draws. So much fun.

First tests revealed I had a massive amount of inflammation, and had some markers for possible lupus or another autoimmune disease. Not allowed to take prednisone because I was due to get my second jab of Moderna. (I got it, and weirdly I felt better.) Next tests, slightly more sensitive, no lupus or autoimmune disease. Phew! Prednisone taken, I felt better for about 10 days then... agony again. Saw my GP, he referred me to a rheumatologist. An unbelievable amount of blood was taken out of me. I had x-rays done of my hands, wrists and knees. I was told NOT to look at my results until I saw the rheumo again in three weeks so I wouldn't freak myself out. I was being tested with highly sensitive tests for a whole range of autoimmune diseases and arthritis. Rheumo's opinion before the tests came in? He said he thought I probably had a freaky reaction to the first shot of Moderna. He said rest, ice, ibuprofen, and tylenol with codeine for the really bad moments. I steadily improved with time, though I have had some flare ups. The flare ups had me very worried.

Follow up appointment today. The good news is... I am healthy! I was so happy I cried. No lupus, no sarcoidosis, no Sjogren's syndrome, no scleroderma. No hypothyroidism, no hepatitis B or C, no TB, no arthritis of any type. I have antibodies for Hashimoto's disease, but the doctor said that was unsurprising given my family history, but I do NOT have anything wrong with my thyroid. Called my mom on my way to pick up Al (I left him at Barnes & Noble) and she cried too! The doctor applauded me for not looking at my results and giving them to my mom -- he said he bet the pressure was high. (It was.)

All that is wrong is I had a very, very bad reaction to the vaccine. That's it. When I told Alex that the doctor said there's nothing wrong with me, he put his hand to my forehead and said, "Do you want a second opinion?" I said, why, I have no reason to believe he's wrong. Al replied, "Sweetest, perhaps there's nothing wrong with you rheumatologically speaking, but there's definitely something wrong with you." 

Well, I went into this marriage knowing he's like this, so I guess it's my own fault. :lol: I am so, so, so relieved.