TBoneTX

All Things Coronavirus (Part 2)

2,372 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

Really if everyone would just wear a single mask when appropriate, we would never have heard anyone talk about double masks.

I think we can pre-empt the lack of double mask wearers if we just force people to wear 10 masks instead. #ThinkingAhead

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

I think we can pre-empt the lack of double mask wearers if we just force people to wear 10 masks instead. #ThinkingAhead

soon we'll all sound like BLM  "i can't breath!"

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

Really if everyone would just wear a single mask when appropriate, we would never have heard anyone talk about double masks.

I was invited to a webinar where Vin Gupta will be interviewed. He promised this topic of masks will be addressed. I will report back. but previous webinars  with him have been so much more informative than any political briefing or TV interview

Edited by CanAm1980

I actually saw the first person wearing two masks today. It really didn't surprise me that one of the germaphobes at work was the one wearing two masks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

From the anti-vaccine crowd.

RFK Jr. Stoops to New Low by Falsely Tying Hank Aaron’s Death to Vaccine

Anti-vaccine pseudoscience peddler Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. used baseball legend Hank Aaron’s death in a desperate attempt to fan hysteria over the coronavirus vaccine late Friday. Kennedy, whose fact-free work has been rebuked by his own family, tweeted Friday, “Hank Aaron’s tragic death is part of a wave of suspicious deaths among elderly closely following administration of COVID vaccines.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/robert-f-kennedy-jr-stoops-to-new-low-by-falsely-tying-hank-aarons-death-to-vaccine 

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

Hmm, terrorists first?

Pentagon to offer vaccines to Guantanamo Bay prisoners

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pentagon-vaccines-guantanamo-bay-prisoners-officials-say

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

From my understanding, it's an infectious disease issue, not a morality issue. I think many people are rightly upset about people in detention getting vaccinated ahead of law abiding people. But prisons and jails and mental health institutions have particular problems relating to how their physical plant is set up, to concentrate and detain people in usually smaller quarters than those of us outside share. It's like they were designed to spread disease.

But the concern comes less about those inside and not leaving any time soon, and more about the people who work in them and go home into their communities, potentially spreading the virus. The concern is for the people on the outside, not the inside. 

2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

From my understanding, it's an infectious disease issue, not a morality issue. I think many people are rightly upset about people in detention getting vaccinated ahead of law abiding people. But prisons and jails and mental health institutions have particular problems relating to how their physical plant is set up, to concentrate and detain people in usually smaller quarters than those of us outside share. It's like they were designed to spread disease.

But the concern comes less about those inside and not leaving any time soon, and more about the people who work in them and go home into their communities, potentially spreading the virus. The concern is for the people on the outside, not the inside. 

Yeah there are some real issue which are difficult to control in that setting, specifically it's impossible to social distance and stop the spread in prisons and that applies both to staff and inmates. Once a single person get's infected it is a mess. We know that crowding is a huge factor in the spread of Covid.

I don't see it as an issue of people in prison jumping ahead and/or being favored, nor do I see it as people in prison not deserving to be vaccinated just because they are incarcerated. It has to be approached as a need/benefit ratio. If vaccinating inmates and staff in prisons does more to stop the spread of Covid than vaccinating me, then they should get the vaccine ahead of me. I would have no problem with that. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
9 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I do not think anyone would abject to essential workers like myself having priority and that would include prison staff.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I do not think anyone would abject to essential workers like myself having priority and that would include prison staff.

But you have to put prisoners in for their jabs too at the same time, not just staff. Because the vaccine isn't 100% effective. So everyone needs it.

I have been struggling with the morality of turning down the vaccine I was offered. I felt it was the right thing to do. My mom turned it around and said it was more moral to get the shot and stop the spread. I am sticking to my guns but it has made me think about this in a more nuanced way. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

But you have to put prisoners in for their jabs too at the same time, not just staff. Because the vaccine isn't 100% effective. So everyone needs it.

I have been struggling with the morality of turning down the vaccine I was offered. I felt it was the right thing to do. My mom turned it around and said it was more moral to get the shot and stop the spread. I am sticking to my guns but it has made me think about this in a more nuanced way. 

Of course everyone needs it this is a discussion who gets it before others.

Your Mother as you mentioned it would be well up the list before prisoners, or should be in a rational world.

I was told to go into town and get it, OK currently do not qualify but they do not check, discrimination etc.

If you want people to follow the science then it has to be logical.

Oops please tell her picked up Sensodyne and Floss yesterday, Did not realise Sensodyne was so expensive!

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
On 1/27/2021 at 6:07 PM, Steeleballz said:

Not uncommon for us to be double masking.  An N95 covered by a standard surgical mask.  Those N95's are expensive and often hard to get or limited in supply so it needs to last all day, protected by the cheaper and more readily available surgical mask.

4 hours ago, laylalex said:

As a healthcare worker with direct patient contact (direct contact with patients that are NOT wearing masks) I am in the 1st priority group in our state, BUT it is almost impossible to get an appointment for the vaccine.  I have to do like everyone else currently eligible, and go online a 6:00 am Wednesday or Friday and hope I get into the que to get an appointment.  In my county the vaccine is only being given by the pharmacies in certain (Publix) grocery stores.  The county health dept online site defaults to the Publix vaccine site.  This AM we had 2269 available appointments.  The web site never even got me into the waiting que.  All available time slots were gone within minutes.  I got the message to try again Wednesday.  

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

9 minutes ago, Neonred said:

Not uncommon for us to be double masking.  An N95 covered by a standard surgical mask.  Those N95's are expensive and often hard to get or limited in supply so it needs to last all day, protected by the cheaper and more readily available surgical mask.

As a healthcare worker with direct patient contact (direct contact with patients that are NOT wearing masks) I am in the 1st priority group in our state, BUT it is almost impossible to get an appointment for the vaccine.  I have to do like everyone else currently eligible, and go online a 6:00 am Wednesday or Friday and hope I get into the que to get an appointment.  In my county the vaccine is only being given by the pharmacies in certain (Publix) grocery stores.  The county health dept online site defaults to the Publix vaccine site.  This AM we had 2269 available appointments.  The web site never even got me into the waiting que.  All available time slots were gone within minutes.  I got the message to try again Wednesday.  

I think specific to your situation, is that the people you are in contact with can't really have masks on and you also can't maintain an appropriate distance to avoid virus, so there is definitely a benefit to have two layers yourself in that situation. 

I've been to my regular physician and my dentist this month and they both have had the vaccine so I think our rollout may be proceeding slightly better. Or it may just be luck of the draw too. I have still heard from several people who haven't been able to schedule it yet. From what I've heard, a lot of it is still people needing to come in with short notice.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

11 hours ago, Boiler said:

Of course everyone needs it this is a discussion who gets it before others.

Your Mother as you mentioned it would be well up the list before prisoners, or should be in a rational world.

I was told to go into town and get it, OK currently do not qualify but they do not check, discrimination etc.

If you want people to follow the science then it has to be logical.

Oops please tell her picked up Sensodyne and Floss yesterday, Did not realise Sensodyne was so expensive!

My mother has already had her first dose as a frontline healthcare worker and will be getting dose two next week, I think. Dad is eligible and is signed up for his first dose on February 5th. They require documentation to prove you are eligible and they DO check. 

But the point I am trying to make is that those in institutional settings are at high risk, higher risk than someone like my dad, for example, who works from home and pretty much just sees my mom and occasionally goes to Home Depot or Ralphs and adheres to the diet/exercise program my mom insists on. But as a whole, the group of 65+ are at higher risk overall, so it makes sense to put them near the top. Prisoners and people who work in prisons should go ahead of me. 

I will tell her you got the Sensodyne! We have ours too now. I plan to wave it around on the Family Zoom tomorrow morning along with the floss picks.