TBoneTX

All Things Coronavirus (Part 2)

2,372 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, laylalex said:

I heard this morning. It may not affect him at all because (from what I gather) since London's already in Tier 4, and traveling for work is permissible under those rules. If they close the borders... another story. He has a place to stay for as long as he needs, which is good. I'll be watching at noon my time.

Boris just does not look well (he never quite looked right but has not improved lately), and I wonder if he is a long-hauler. Very serious reports I'm seeing about local UK hospitals and it's something I've really worried about since looking at the alarming rates of infections there vs the rest of the world.

Some concerning statements about the SA variant of the virus, if true could render current vaccine useless.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 hours ago, yuna628 said:

Boris just does not look well (he never quite looked right but has not improved lately), and I wonder if he is a long-hauler. Very serious reports I'm seeing about local UK hospitals and it's something I've really worried about since looking at the alarming rates of infections there vs the rest of the world.

Some concerning statements about the SA variant of the virus, if true could render current vaccine useless.

Boris looks like a bad cartoon drawing of Trump

31 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Boris looks like a bad cartoon drawing of Trump

That's really mean to BoJo. :( BoJo at least doesn't need to sculpt his hair and I am pretty sure he doesn't use bronzer.

Update on that pharmacist who left hundreds of doses of the vaccine out to spoil: 

“He’d formed this belief they were unsafe,” Ozaukee County District Attorney Adam Gerol said during a virtual hearing. He added that Brandenburg was upset because he and his wife are divorcing, and an Aurora employee said Brandenburg had taken a gun to work twice.

A detective wrote in a probable cause statement that Brandenburg, 46, is an admitted conspiracy theorist and that he told investigators he intentionally tried to ruin the vaccine because it could hurt people by changing their DNA.

https://apnews.com/article/wisconsin-pharmacist-steven-brandenburg-ac00faee3cf10a9558665d472123b96c

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Going to get nuked with Moderna tomorrow.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

for those who wished 2020 ended faster, it did...

The Earth is spinning faster now than at any time in the past half century

If 2020 felt like a drag, you may be surprised to discover it actually went faster than you thought ... and this year is set to be even speedier.

The Earth has been spinning unusually quickly lately, and July 19 saw the shortest day since records began, with the planet completing its rotation in 1.4602 milliseconds less than the usual 86,400 seconds.

The previous shortest day in 2005 was beaten 28 times last year, and 2021 is on track to be the most nippy year ever, with the average day passing 0.5 milliseconds faster than usual.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/earth-spinning-faster-now-time-185517858.html

Edited by Ban Hammer

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

wife gets first dose on Friday at work.

i am happy that she will be safe.

there is about 29 residents in a separate wing with covid. its blocked off and only certain people can go there. they asked her if she wanted to work in that wing and she said nope. she doesnt want to take any chances, mom is asking her doctor when she gets the vaccine, no word yet

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ban Hammer said:

for those who wished 2020 ended faster, it did...

The Earth is spinning faster now than at any time in the past half century

If 2020 felt like a drag, you may be surprised to discover it actually went faster than you thought ... and this year is set to be even speedier.

The Earth has been spinning unusually quickly lately, and July 19 saw the shortest day since records began, with the planet completing its rotation in 1.4602 milliseconds less than the usual 86,400 seconds.

The previous shortest day in 2005 was beaten 28 times last year, and 2021 is on track to be the most nippy year ever, with the average day passing 0.5 milliseconds faster than usual.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/earth-spinning-faster-now-time-185517858.html

It's because of all that extra carbon we are spewing into the atmosphere.  Climate change and faster spin...

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

I had my antibody titer checked and it's off the scale 2 weeks after dose 1, so that's good news. I guess how it's supposed to work. I rescheduled my second dose for 5 weeks out though. I want to see what kind of reactions people have to the second dose, especially people who had issues with the first dose. 

A lot of the people who were undecided about the vaccine (at work) have went ahead and scheduled it now, so I guess they are satisfied with the data overall.  

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
14 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Going to get nuked with Moderna tomorrow.

Chief side effect, >3 hours later:  Heart rate consistently elevated to 96 beats/min (resting!).

At least it's below 100 beats/min, thus keeping me from being a tachy individual.

Didn't see this one listed.

-----

Other, far more ominous, side effects (also not listed in manufacturer's package insert):

-- brow ridge receding

-- walking erect instead of on knuckles

-- closure of Simian Gap

-- unibrow bifurcating

-- distaste for grubs, termites, rotten fruit

-- diminished interest in flinging poo

Call the FDA & CDCs immediately!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

3 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Chief side effect, >3 hours later:  Heart rate consistently elevated to 96 beats/min (resting!).

At least it's below 100 beats/min, thus keeping me from being a tachy individual.

Didn't see this one listed.

-----

Other, far more ominous, side effects (also not listed in manufacturer's package insert):

-- brow ridge receding

-- walking erect instead of on knuckles

-- closure of Simian Gap

-- unibrow bifurcating

-- distaste for grubs, termites, rotten fruit

-- diminished interest in flinging poo

Call the FDA & CDCs immediately!

That can be one of the signs of an anaphylactic reaction. People have to sit in the triage area for 30 minutes after the vaccine if their heart rate goes up. It's more serious if your blood pressure drops and/or your pulse gets weak, and also obviously if you have breathing problems. We have epi on hand just in case the reaction is severe, although I don't think anyone has needed it yet. 

Be careful with the second dose. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Oh dear! :lol:

A viral image of what is purportedly a diagram the 5G chip conspiracy theorists believe to be part of the coronavirus vaccine is actually a circuit for a guitar pedal.

The schematic, which was shared by software engineer Mario Fusco on Twitter, reportedly went viral in Italy and Romania through various sources, including self-publishing platforms like Telegraph.  

“The Russians have managed to remove the nanochips from the Pfizer vaccine and have published a function diagram!”, posts sharing the diagram claim.

They go on to say that the bass and treble elements control instructions that can be heard in the recipient’s brain, as well as a controls to overwhelm the immune system.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/5g-covid-guitar-pedal-b1782573.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline