TBoneTX

All Things Coronavirus (Part 2)

2,372 posts in this topic

Shot? 

Birx Gathered With Family Over Thanksgiving Despite Warning Americans Not To: Report

On November 27, after millions of Americans had traveled to gather with their families for Thanksgiving, the White House official also traveled with her husband, her daughter, son-in-law, and two young grandchildren to a vacation home on Fenwick Island in Delaware, the Associated Press reported on Sunday.

Birx confirmed to the Associated Press that she had taken the trip. She said the visit was about 50 hours in length and that the purpose was to winterize the property. The public health official claimed that everyone present was from her "immediate household," but also acknowledged that they live in two different homes.

In October, Birx told reporters: "We will have to adapt this Thanksgiving." The public health official said "we also need to bring that same attention to detail into our homes and ensure that we're not bringing small gatherings together, un-masked, in houses, where there could be spreading events among those individuals that are silent spreaders because they don't know they're infected."

Later, Birx urged Americans to "be vigilant" during the holidays and to limit their celebratory gatherings to "your immediate household."

https://www.newsweek.com/birx-gathered-family-over-thanksgiving-despite-warning-americans-not-report-1556239

🙄

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Another Gavi award winner.  

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

The UK is beginning to enter a serious situation as it has been discovered a new COVID mutation is sweeping the country. It has made it to other countries as well, and borders are starting to be shut. The seriousness of it all is, that food and goods shortage is a strong possibility and I'm hearing there may only be a couple weeks worth of supply. There is panic buying.

The question is if we will also address this mutation in the same way other countries have. The borders have already been fairly shut although we still do allow some UK flights every day. I do not necessarily see any documented evidence that this emerging strain (and it is super interesting!) is more fatal, but it does seem to be even more contagious. There is a possibility it will become the dominant strain. It also seems to have found a way to afflict younger and healthier populations with greater severity. We are currently investigating if this mutation can get around the vaccine. https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4857

The hubby was working out the mathematics for how long it would take for enough vaccinations to be given out to achieve some headway against the virus at our current rate.... and his results were not encouraging.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

9 hours ago, yuna628 said:

The UK is beginning to enter a serious situation as it has been discovered a new COVID mutation is sweeping the country. It has made it to other countries as well, and borders are starting to be shut. The seriousness of it all is, that food and goods shortage is a strong possibility and I'm hearing there may only be a couple weeks worth of supply. There is panic buying.

The question is if we will also address this mutation in the same way other countries have. The borders have already been fairly shut although we still do allow some UK flights every day. I do not necessarily see any documented evidence that this emerging strain (and it is super interesting!) is more fatal, but it does seem to be even more contagious. There is a possibility it will become the dominant strain. It also seems to have found a way to afflict younger and healthier populations with greater severity. We are currently investigating if this mutation can get around the vaccine. https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4857

The hubby was working out the mathematics for how long it would take for enough vaccinations to be given out to achieve some headway against the virus at our current rate.... and his results were not encouraging.

My husband is in London which is in Tier 4 restrictions, the harshest. I have spent most of the past 2 days dealing with how the change is going to affect not only his ability to see his daughter -- the whole purpose of his visit! -- but also if he's going to be stuck there. He has refused to come home until he sees her, so we'll have to deal with the fallout. A friend offered a flat for him to live in if he needs to have an extended stay in London beyond the 1st, which was the plan. He and his ex-wife have a call in with the solicitor who handled their custody/divorce issues tomorrow morning on what the exemptions are for non-custodial parents and their children at a time when there is no travel into/out of Tier 4. His ex and their daughter are in Dorset, which is (last time I looked) Tier 2. We are pulling out as many stops as possible to make Christmas happen for them -- 9 months, almost 10 is too long for them to be apart. Fingers crossed, I will know more in the morning after their call and after he (hopefully) gets his negative result on his COVID test and can leave isolation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Step son-in-law is from Dorchester.  He and the family will be staying with us from Christmas eve until New Years.  Will be interesting to find out how his parents and brother are doing over there.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

28 minutes ago, Neonred said:

Step son-in-law is from Dorchester.  He and the family will be staying with us from Christmas eve until New Years.  Will be interesting to find out how his parents and brother are doing over there.

Dorchester should be in Tier 2 -- my stepdaughter lives about 10 miles from there and her village is in Tier 2. It's manageable from what I hear and you can even go to the pub if you get a substantial meal along with your pint.

My husband got his COVID result today and it's negative. :) So he's out of isolation but is keeping to where he's been staying, just enjoying being able to get out and go for a long walk today. The solicitor said that travel for the purposes of bringing a child to visit the other parent is fine, and travelling to visit with one's child is fine and classified as essential travel. It's probably safer in Dorset than here in London, so back to the original plan. If the US bans travel into the UK for a while, he has a place to stay and work for the interim.

Christmas is saved! :lol: Well, for him at least. Fingers crossed he can come back as planned on January 1.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, laylalex said:

Dorchester should be in Tier 2 -- my stepdaughter lives about 10 miles from there and her village is in Tier 2. It's manageable from what I hear and you can even go to the pub if you get a substantial meal along with your pint.

My husband got his COVID result today and it's negative. :) So he's out of isolation but is keeping to where he's been staying, just enjoying being able to get out and go for a long walk today. The solicitor said that travel for the purposes of bringing a child to visit the other parent is fine, and travelling to visit with one's child is fine and classified as essential travel. It's probably safer in Dorset than here in London, so back to the original plan. If the US bans travel into the UK for a while, he has a place to stay and work for the interim.

Christmas is saved! :lol: Well, for him at least. Fingers crossed he can come back as planned on January 1.

It's a Christmas Covid miracle!  Better yet, for literally device purposes, if his vehicle breaks down in the snow and a kindly gentleman in ermine gives him a ride and delivers him in time. We could turn it into a hallmark holiday special.

8 hours ago, CanAm1980 said:

I do love a masked woman!

You know what they say about wimmens that wear animal print. I have found it to be true

1 hour ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

You know what they say about wimmens that wear animal print. I have found it to be true

What does it say about me that I don't own any animal print?