TBoneTX

All Things Coronavirus (Part 2)

2,372 posts in this topic

Another day, anothe-- *yawn*

Democratic governor encourages people to stay home, gets caught out at wine bar

The governor of Rhode Island is facing backlash this week after she was photographed at a wine and paint night just days after she had discouraged inessential activities to curb the spread of the coronavirus. 
The picture, taken by Erica Oliveras last Friday, shows Democratic Gov. Gina Raimondo sitting at table in Barnaby’s Public House in Providence without a mask, WLNE reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democratic-governor-photographed-wine-paint-night-inessential-activities

Governor Gina Raimondo is still in quarantine after the head of the Department of Health tested positive for COVID-19 over the weekend.

The governor is now getting backlash on social media after a picture was taken of her just one day before.

https://www.abc6.com/its-not-the-full-story-woman-who-took-photo-of-governor-raimondo-speaks-out/

l5q8a80.png 

The Rhode Island State Police issued a press release today on Facebook asking for the public’s help to report to them any instances of people standing near each other in a free society.

ymhJHFr.png 

https://tbdailynews.com/rhode-island-state-police-colonel-urges-citizens-to-report-neighbors-parties-despite-allowing-massive-protests-attended-by-governor-raimondo/

That's what these rules are worth. 👆

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

THE GAVI AWARDS!

THE GAVIN NEWSOM AWARD FOR HYPOCRISY IN GOVERNMENT...

DURING THE COVID PANDEMIC!

Our latest Gavi winner is Chicago Alderman and restaurant owner Tom Tunney, who broke the COVID restriction rules by serving customers inside his Chicago eatery. "I have made a mistake", said Tunney. Illinois' governor had ordered all restaurants to close their indoor dining areas in October, but Tunney continued to allow his customers to eat in "the back of the restaurant".

Following the tremendous success of the initial “Gavi Awards”, the nominating committee responsible for appointing new recipients grew a bit concerned that future candidates would become difficult to find. But true to form, a number of elected officials simply cannot resist the opportunity to completely ignore their own COVID edicts.  

f79fc341-a979-4863-81b0-eea1ddc6e07b?ops

https://www.armstrongandgetty.com/content/2020-12-09-the-gavi-awards-congrats-to-our-recipients-you-hypocrites/

Edited by Dashinka

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Dashinka said:

THE GAVI AWARDS!

THE GAVIN NEWSOM AWARD FOR HYPOCRISY IN GOVERNMENT...

DURING THE COVID PANDEMIC!

Our latest Gavi winner is Chicago Alderman and restaurant owner Tom Tunney, who broke the COVID restriction rules by serving customers inside his Chicago eatery. "I have made a mistake", said Tunney. Illinois' governor had ordered all restaurants to close their indoor dining areas in October, but Tunney continued to allow his customers to eat in "the back of the restaurant".

Following the tremendous success of the initial “Gavi Awards”, the nominating committee responsible for appointing new recipients grew a bit concerned that future candidates would become difficult to find. But true to form, a number of elected officials simply cannot resist the opportunity to completely ignore their own COVID edicts.  

f79fc341-a979-4863-81b0-eea1ddc6e07b?ops

https://www.armstrongandgetty.com/content/2020-12-09-the-gavi-awards-congrats-to-our-recipients-you-hypocrites/

I see lots of potential here with these Gavi Awards.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Every so often a nugget of truth(ful intent) comes through all the gaslighting and confirmation bias peddling (the bottom post, obviously). Recognizing this for the dangerous bad faith it is, is the first step to dumpster binning it, along with the people doing it. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Every so often a nugget of truth(ful intent) comes through all the gaslighting and confirmation bias peddling (the bottom post, obviously). Recognizing this for the dangerous bad faith it is, is the first step to dumpster binning it, along with the people doing it. 

Wait, I remember someone telling me that the MSM through all its faults corrects its mistakes.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

31 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Wait, I remember someone telling me that the MSM through all its faults corrects its mistakes.

It does or doesn't, but rather the point is this schema of "outcomes" that the media, left, etc. have in tandem used, taking advantage of the populace's naivety and spinelessness. Where the populace had better pull themselves together is getting back to basic processes in logic/reasoning and removing the presumption of good faith.. it's gone. Just about every topic is about psychologically crying wolf and trying to appeal to the most ridiculous fallacies to bypass structural psychological protections we're supposed to use against being fooled/used/taken advantage of. The good news is people are becoming more aware of it but are still deer in headlights because they feel socially helpless due to the added social conformity pressures. The way this affects their psyche has been ever more prevalent when it comes to issues just like the virus (lockdowns/shutdowns, the hypocrites excluding themselves, specifically targeting opposition), never mind election and all. Milgram. 

The basics needed to get back to is don't give an inch, and every inch given make them earn it by proof, even more so if we're talking about touching "muh freedumbs". No more narratives, no more identity bait, doesn't matter if you try and threaten me or my job or my life, you're going to get a fight on every avenue, prove it or take a hike. Even if they say the sky is blue, prove it. People got weak and acquiesced far too much to the trash and it's time to grow a backbone. The ship doesn't right itself when hijacked, people have to take it back. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

States report confusion as government reduces vaccine shipments, while Pfizer says it has ‘millions’ of unclaimed doses
By Isaac Stanley-Becker, Yasmeen Abutaleb, Lena H. Sun and Josh Dawsey

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/12/17/pfizer-vaccine-supply-states/

Officials in multiple states said they were alerted late Wednesday that their second shipments of Pfizer-BioNTech’s vaccine had been drastically cut for next week, sparking widespread confusion and conflicting statements from Pfizer and federal officials about who was at fault.
The reduction prompted concern in health departments across the country about whether Operation Warp Speed, the Trump administration’s vaccine accelerator program, could distribute doses quickly enough to meet the target of delivering first shots to 20 million people by year’s end.
A senior administration official, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal plans, said the revised estimates were the result of states’ requesting an expedited timeline for locking in their allocations for the following week; notification of how many doses they could order each week was consequently advanced from Friday to Tuesday. Since Pfizer is producing doses daily, the official said, fewer doses were available Tuesday than will be available on Friday.
But Pfizer released a statement Thursday that seemed to contradict that explanation, saying the company faced no production difficulties and had many more doses immediately available than were being distributed.

Lasting COVID-19 side effects force patients to change their diets, lifestyles

https://kdvr.com/news/coronavirus/lasting-covid-19-side-effects-force-patients-to-change-their-diets-lifestyles/

Some people are experiencing long term loss (or alteration) of smell and taste. One person said she tastes "rotten flesh" whenever she eats hot food or liquids, and even has a hard time with cooking meals because of the smell. Sounds horrible. 

Edited by Steeleballz

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

1 hour ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Checkmate, vaccine! 👨‍⚕️

wCXFDcZ.png

The 94% number refers to how effective the vaccine is at preventing you from getting Covid in the first place if you are exposed to an infectious dose of the virus, compared to ~0% prevention if you are exposed to an infectious dose of the virus and haven't been vaccinated.  The 99% number refers to your chances of recovering from Covid if you do contract the virus. Two different things, obviously.

It guess it is simple math really, but whoever came up with that tweet/post sure blew it. Hopefully it was meant as a joke.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

I disagree with her solution (non sequitur), but nonetheless, doesn't matter.. this is a good approach if their desire is to facilitate behavioral change.. be the solution, rather than hypocritically impose as has been the status quo:

Rep.-elect Nancy Mace still recovering from June coronavirus bout: 'I was really, really sick'

"It's just important to set an example. I don't believe in the government mandating it per se, I believe it's incumbent upon us to keep each other safe and protect each other," Mace told Fox News in a recent interview in Washington. "If everybody wore one, then the transmission percentage is statistically very low."

Mace, an active and healthy 43-year-old divorced mother of two, tested positive for COVID-19 on June 23. She said her blood oxygen level dipped to 87 at one point and her breathing was so labored her son called her "Darth Vader." She avoided getting steroid treatment at the hospital, which in retrospect Mace thinks was a mistake, as she was ill for another three months with so-called "long hauler" symptoms.

"There are folks that don't want you to wear your mask, but I always say: 'My body, my choice.' I choose to wear my mask," Mace said. "If I can't be distant from you or if we're not having a meal together, I will be in my mask. ... I was really, really sick, and I don't ever want to get it again."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-elect-nancy-mace-coronavirus-recovery-june

Need more people like this.

Accidentally worth the read, noting the parallel methodologies of stage managing information for the CCP and media/social media:

No ‘Negative’ News: How China Censored the Coronavirus

Thousands of internal directives and reports reveal how Chinese officials stage-managed what appeared online in the early days of the outbreak.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/19/technology/china-coronavirus-censorship.html