TBoneTX

All Things Coronavirus (Part 2)

2,372 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

But can I charge my prius?

Well you dont really charge a Prius for the most part but sure. There is one very special Prius that plugs in but it only goes about 25miles on a charge before the engine kicks in. No total electric Prius, they are all Hybrids. If you would like to get into battery voltages, cargo volume, ground clearances, Generators MG1 and 2, hybrid system net HP,  and t he impact on your sex life let me know LOL

Edited by Nature Boy 2.0

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Well you dont really charge a Prius for the most part but sure. There is one very special Prius that plugs in but it only goes about 25miles on a charge before the engine kicks in. No total electric Prius, they are all Hybrids. If you would like to get into battery voltages, cargo volume, ground clearances, Generators MG1 and 2, hybrid system net HP,  and t he impact on your sex life let me know LOL

You got me, I don't own a Prius and didn't know the charge range. We looked at the Tesla 3 but couldn't overcome the iPad stuck on the dashboard. No commuting happens this year which puts a dent in justifying any capex on a vehicle.  

41 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

And just like that everyone went from being constitutional scholars to hybrid vehicle experts. 

One of the guys I usually go to lunch with is head of the local on/off base Tesla car club. I have taken a couple rides in his Tesla roadster and d a m n that is a nice ride. If I could get the money for that then I would definitely buy it. 

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

One of the guys I usually go to lunch with is head of the local on/off base Tesla car club. I have taken a couple rides in his Tesla roadster and d a m n that is a nice ride. If I could get the money for that then I would definitely buy it. 

I am waiting for the pickup.

2 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

I would love to see the operational version before I commit to it. 

1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

And just like that everyone went from being constitutional scholars to hybrid vehicle experts. 

Yeah but I dont google bs and pretend to be an expert. Dont think you really do either. Since you really only speak with authority on hospital related issues.

You might not remember but I work for Toyota and product knowledge is my niche. 

Edited by Nature Boy 2.0

20 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

The Tundra will have a hybrid next year. Rumored to be 30 plus mpg and tow over 15000. That is not in concrete yet.

An all electronic would be cool but I still would like the idea of an gas engine back up

41 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Would be a cool commute car

5 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Yeah but I dont google bs and pretend to be an expert. Dont think you really do either. Since you really only speak with authority on hospital related issues.

steel is also a numbers guy

medical stuff and numbers stuff, if he says it, thats who i tend to believe.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

9 minutes ago, Prizm123 said:

steel is also a numbers guy

medical stuff and numbers stuff, if he says it, thats who i tend to believe.

Agree

19 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

An all electronic would be cool but I still would like the idea of an gas engine back up

Would be a cool commute car

I love the idea of a hybrid tbh with you. Also it would be a awesome commute car if I had some decent money to put down on it

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I love the idea of a hybrid tbh with you. Also it would be a awesome commute car if I had some decent money to put down on it

With a plug in hybrid , you can get the range + if you are commuting 12 miles or so (if I ever go back to the office) you might never see a gas pump. When we were looking at a Tesla, I would need to upgrade my electrical panel to support a fast charger at home. 

Just a thought for now.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Love the new profile pic!!! :lol: 🐙

image.png.cc491cb753efab172d16ca52bf5882cd.png

I don't know what you want, I don't have money, but what I do have is a Kraken and the special set of skills to release it. If you return her now, that will be the end if it.

Edited by CanAm1980