TBoneTX

All Things Coronavirus (Part 2)

2,372 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Great place to interact with some reclusive, wild-eyed Trump supporters wonderin' who the interlopers are.

nah it would be pretty far away from other people

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
14 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Around $10k including the switch all installed.  It will run the whole house 110, but is limited on the 220, it is 12kW.  I thought about going bigger, but that would have required a bigger gas meter, and I figure we can do without AC, or using the dryer or oven if the power is out.

Wow.  How often does your power go out?  I live in one of the most hurricane prone areas and most of us here have some type of generator.  My setup is very similar to NB's.  I have a 9k generator that I back feed into the system and also a 2200 watt inverter generator that is quiet and doesn't use much gasoline for when I don't want to run the big one.  We don't have natural gas unfortunately.  Have to stock up on gasoline when a storm is coming.

In the last 15 or 20 years we have only had three major hurricanes here that left us without power for more than a few days, but we always had advance warning that it was coming.  Just never could justify the big expense for the whole house setup.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Neonred said:

Wow.  How often does your power go out?  I live in one of the most hurricane prone areas and most of us here have some type of generator.  My setup is very similar to NB's.  I have a 9k generator that I back feed into the system and also a 2200 watt inverter generator that is quiet and doesn't use much gasoline for when I don't want to run the big one.  We don't have natural gas unfortunately.  Have to stock up on gasoline when a storm is coming.

In the last 15 or 20 years we have only had three major hurricanes here that left us without power for more than a few days, but we always had advance warning that it was coming.  Just never could justify the big expense for the whole house setup.

here in kansas i have a 5.5k generator, just to run the fridge, blower for the heater, along with some lights.
we have had outtages (no innages jokes, tbone) that have been up to 3 days long due to ice storms bringing down the power lines.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Hurricane Irma left us without power for 2 weeks.

Hurricane Wilma without power 1 week.

Hurricane Charlie less than a week.

Ice storms?  We don't get ice storms!  LOL  What's that??

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Neonred said:

Probably 3 or 4 times a year.  I am not a big fan of portable generators, I have been to too many emergency calls for CO alarms due to those, so we decided to go with the whole house automatic generator.  It also gives us a little peace of mind in case the power goes out while we are traveling as we would prefer not to come home to spoiled refrigerators or frozen pipes.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Probably 3 or 4 times a year.  I am not a big fan of portable generators, I have been to too many emergency calls for CO alarms due to those, so we decided to go with the whole house automatic generator.  It also gives us a little peace of mind in case the power goes out while we are traveling as we would prefer not to come home to spoiled refrigerators or frozen pipes.

Oh yes if you got the money its the way to go.

Longmont mayor wants hospitals to refuse COVID patients from places not enforcing restrictions.

https://kdvr.com/news/coronavirus/longmont-mayor-wants-hospitals-to-refuse-covid-patients-from-places-not-enforcing-restrictions/

I think we discussed this theoretically in the past, but here it is in local news today. A mayor wants to stop other counties that don't enforce Covid restrictions from bringing patients to hospitals in Longmont, which does enforce mask and social distancing restrictions.

Fair trade - take the risks, bear the consequences? 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Longmont mayor wants hospitals to refuse COVID patients from places not enforcing restrictions.

https://kdvr.com/news/coronavirus/longmont-mayor-wants-hospitals-to-refuse-covid-patients-from-places-not-enforcing-restrictions/

I think we discussed this theoretically in the past, but here it is in local news today. A mayor wants to stop other counties that don't enforce Covid restrictions from bringing patients to hospitals in Longmont, which does enforce mask and social distancing restrictions.

Aren't "rationing" decisions a regional medical authority issue? I am sympathetic, but if beds are running short, you have a larger issue.

43 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

Aren't "rationing" decisions a regional medical authority issue? I am sympathetic, but if beds are running short, you have a larger issue.

We are now approaching that issue soon in several states. The question then is how do we ration hospital beds?

Governor Polis issued an executive order for Colorado yesterday so hospitals at max capacity do not need to admit new patients and allowing them to transfer non critical patients to other facilities or temporary centers. So right now if someone is being transported by ambulance a hospital can say, sorry can't come here. 

1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

Interesting but pretty terrible. Speaking from experience, if I've got a relative dying or in dire need of care, I'd do what had to be done to convince a hospital to get them to another hospital to receive the best care if I felt one system was overwhelmed. MD has some sort of system in place now where they are moving patients around to better facilities when one becomes burdened, but we'd never think to refuse a patient from another county because of how that county handles restrictions. We are all one state united, and there's a duty to care and save lives. Rationing is happening though... and it is clear we're receiving a crush of patients. One hospital has requested several double-wides to function as an overflow ER. I heard another ER had a 10+ hour wait.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

18 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

Interesting but pretty terrible. Speaking from experience, if I've got a relative dying or in dire need of care, I'd do what had to be done to convince a hospital to get them to another hospital to receive the best care if I felt one system was overwhelmed. MD has some sort of system in place now where they are moving patients around to better facilities when one becomes burdened, but we'd never think to refuse a patient from another county because of how that county handles restrictions. We are all one state united, and there's a duty to care and save lives. Rationing is happening though... and it is clear we're receiving a crush of patients. One hospital has requested several double-wides to function as an overflow ER. I heard another ER had a 10+ hour wait.

It's not the hospital, it's the mayor, and I think it's more an expression of his frustration with the leadership in some of the surrounding counties for failing to institute restrictions. I do understand what he is saying though. Many of those people who were willing to "take the risk" are now taking hospital beds and there may not be any beds left for the people who were trying to do the right thing. It's a very frustrating situation. We are almost certainly going to see health care rationing, and there are no easy answers, but as has been said since the beginning, people who might have been able to recover may end up dying because of lack of access to treatment. 

Generally if a hospital is full they may go on divert, which means ambulances and helicopters go to the next closest facility. People who come to ER by personal transport are seen even if the hospital is full and if they need to be admitted they usually stay in an overflow area until a bed is available (or they are transferred by ambulance to another facility to be admitted). It has always been a rare scenario, but I have seen times in the past where people are just lying on gurneys all the way down the hall waiting for beds to open up. 

Edited by Steeleballz

Timeline
3 hours ago, CanAm1980 said:

cc4fzlrv9a161.jpg

In the meantime, the high profile folks telling you not to stick a fork in the power outlet are not practicing what they preach.

Timeline

Do as we say darn it!

NY Dems busted at packed indoor birthday party without masks, here's how they reacted when caught

In attendance were many prominent Democrats, including Deputy Brooklyn Borough President Ingrid Lewis-Martin and former Brooklyn Democratic Party Chairman Frank Seddio.

When Shant Shahrigian, City Hall reporter for The New York Daily News, asked Seddio to comment on how he attended the party, Seddio reportedly said: “I farted about four times, but fortunately it didn’t smell. My wife punched me twice ‘cause she heard me do it. That was the most exciting part of the night.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ny-dems-busted-at-packed-indoor-birthday-party-without-masks-heres-how-they-reacted-when-caught