TBoneTX

All Things Coronavirus (Part 2)

2,372 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, laylalex said:

Good news if true: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/11/coronavirus-vaccine-czar-life-back-normal-may.html

Of course it depends on people actually getting the vaccine, as opposed to thinking there's no way Bill Gates and George Soros are going to fill their bodies with nanochips that will make their brains fry and want to vote for Democrats, no way.

yes, thats fine. if they dont want it, they can get sick, darwinism at work. the rest of us can take it and have a chance of going about our normal lives.

i dont see the problem here.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Prizm123 said:

yes, thats fine. if they dont want it, they can get sick, darwinism at work. the rest of us can take it and have a chance of going about our normal lives.

um history?

https://www.history.com/news/swine-flu-rush-vaccine-election-year-1976

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Interesting article.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

Except they will transmit the virus walking around asymptomatic.

This is going to turn into "just like the flu" and 'masks create breathing difficulties"

7 hours ago, CanAm1980 said:

Except they will transmit the virus walking around asymptomatic.

This is going to turn into "just like the flu" and 'masks create breathing difficulties"

to other people who dont take the vaccine.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Timeline
2 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

to other people who dont take the vaccine.

Or haven't taking the vaccine yet, it will take time to reach everyone.

1 minute ago, CanAm1980 said:

Or haven't taking the vaccine yet, it will take time to reach everyone.

i know.

just saying that when it is readily available, if someone chooses not to take it and gets sick, or dies, it will be hard for me to feel any sort of sympathy for them.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

any discussion about masks on facebook divides into these two groups
407186771_lvnmasks.png.811853be0aaec142fad85d2642c9c85e.png

Edited by Ban Hammer

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Prizm123 said:

i know.

just saying that when it is readily available, if someone chooses not to take it and gets sick, or dies, it will be hard for me to feel any sort of sympathy for them.

I am not trying to be argumentive, just realistic about where we are.

There will be children caught up in their parents anti science rhetoric and actions. Today doctors in North Dakota are struggling to convince people who have covid, and are in the hospital, that it is a real disease and that they have it. That demonstrates the strong hold antiscience is having. 

Edited by CanAm1980

7 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

I am not trying to be argumentive, just realistic about where we are.

There will be children caught up in their parents anti science rhetoric and actions. Today doctors in North Dakota are struggling to convince people who have covid, and are in the hospital, that it is a real disease and that they have it. That demonstrates the strong hold antiscience is having. 

i know. thats why i wont have any sympathy for those people.

the children dont have a choice because of ignorant parents, for them, yeah i can sympathize.

the adults should know better. if they still choose to be anti science, they get nothing but the middle finger from me

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

14 hours ago, Ban Hammer said:

The key number to look at is 1976. Seriously, that was 45 years ago. The vaccine wasn't even a new vaccine, it was an existing technology that had been tested. They rushed out a second vaccine that year for a pandemic that never arrived. There was a negative perception from the start, as congress had just passed the vaccine compensation act and vaccine manufacturers for this particular vaccine demanded indemnity from legal action. That made the public skeptical before it was even released, but the vaccine itself wasn't much different from any other vaccine produced back then. GBS was a known but rare side effect of live vaccines. We just never had 70 million people take a flu vaccine before 1976 and, when the actual pandemic strain of flu never spread, the side effects were magnified.

What came from that is the safety of vaccine manufacturing and the necessary clinical data from trials became more comprehensive. The trials for these current vaccines have gone on for months and the number of people monitored is over 100000. Emergency approval risks not fully waiting to see long term effects, and that is a real risk but it does have to be weighed against the number of people who actually are going to die from Covid if the release is delayed.

If I was in my 20's, I would probably think twice about getting the vaccine in the first round. At my age, given the safety data I have seen, I will take the vaccine. Factored into that decision is that I have also seen what happens to people my age (and younger) who end up hospitalized with Covid.

Edited by Steeleballz

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Timeline
3 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

The key number to look at is 1976. Seriously, that was 45 years ago. The vaccine wasn't even a new vaccine, it was an existing technology that had been tested. They rushed out a second vaccine that year for a pandemic that never arrived. There was a negative perception from the start, as congress had just passed the vaccine compensation act and vaccine manufacturers for this particular vaccine demanded indemnity from legal action. That made the public skeptical before it was even released, but the vaccine itself wasn't much different from any other vaccine produced back then. GBS was a known but rare side effect of live vaccines. We just never had 70 million people take a flu vaccine before 1976 and, when the actual pandemic strain of flu never spread, the side effects were magnified.

What came from that is the safety of vaccine manufacturing and the necessary clinical data from trials became more comprehensive. The trials for these current vaccines have gone on for months and the number of people monitored is over 100000. Emergency approval risks not fully waiting to see long term effects, and that is a real risk but it does have to be weighed against the number of people who actually are going to die from Covid if the release is delayed.

If I was in my 20's, I would probably think twice about getting the vaccine in the first round. At my age, given the safety data I have seen, I will take the vaccine. Factored into that decision is that I have also seen what happens to people my age (and younger) who end up hospitalized with Covid.

The evolution of the technology in creating drugs and vaccines is amazing. We have 4 viable vaccines inside of months. I am looking accross my stock portfolio, Crispr, 10x, Gilead all supporting the ability to turn around medicines in short order at incredibly low costs. 

The gain for society for the promise of "boutique" drugs or even drugs specific to an individual have incredible potential. 

Timeline

COVID-19 cases could nearly double before Biden takes office

Proven model developed by WashU predicts 20 million infected Americans by late January

https://source.wustl.edu/2020/11/covid-19-cases-could-nearly-double-before-biden-takes-office/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
31 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

The evolution of the technology in creating drugs and vaccines is amazing. We have 4 viable vaccines inside of months. I am looking accross my stock portfolio, Crispr, 10x, Gilead all supporting the ability to turn around medicines in short order at incredibly low costs. 

The gain for society for the promise of "boutique" drugs or even drugs specific to an individual have incredible potential. 

Wait, I thought all the pharmaceutical companies are evil?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!