TBoneTX

All Things Coronavirus (Part 2)

2,372 posts in this topic

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

I am still dismayed that those who have recovered from The Vid seem to be completely forgotten in this entire vaccine push.  I know, the anti-bodies decline over time, but anti-bodies are not the end-all to someone's immune system.

I agree.   While I am sure the majority of those who have been vaccinated probably have milder cases, there are still sad tales out there, like my friend who got covid early this year, and it was a mild case, only lasted a few days (but he was out of work for two weeks).  Later, he got the vaccine, both jabs.  Last month, he got covid again, and he said the even was MUCH worse than the first time around.  He regrets getting the vaccine now, but what can he do?  

Got word of an interesting paper this morning. They have discovered a new novel coronavirus (seems like two types of coronaviruses merged into one entirely NEW thing) found widely spread in mice, rats, shrews. All found in China. It is unknown if this can be transmitted to humans but this will be something that needs immediate watching and further study. This new coronavirus shares some interesting characteristics with COVID, and shows apparent clues in it's evolutionary behavior.

2 hours ago, laylalex said:

Just got a message from one of my close friends, who grew up in Mississippi. His childhood best friend died last night from COVID in Florida. 41 years old, fit and healthy before and thought the vaccines were poison and the risk of getting seriously ill was too low for him to worry about. He spent 15 days on a ventilator and died last night. His death was avoidable and my friend is so angry and heartbroken. 

Condolences Layla. All we can do is keep carrying on and do our best to protect ourselves and the ones we love. 

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

3 hours ago, laylalex said:

Just got a message from one of my close friends, who grew up in Mississippi. His childhood best friend died last night from COVID in Florida. 41 years old, fit and healthy before and thought the vaccines were poison and the risk of getting seriously ill was too low for him to worry about. He spent 15 days on a ventilator and died last night. His death was avoidable and my friend is so angry and heartbroken. 

Sorry to hear that. Was probably the ventilator that killed him. Once they put you on a ventilator your chances of survival are slim.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

1 hour ago, jg121783 said:

Sorry to hear that. Was probably the ventilator that killed him. Once they put you on a ventilator your chances of survival are slim.

Thats what my doc said. He said once on the vent odds are slim 

4 hours ago, jg121783 said:

2 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Yes, that's my understanding from my mom (who is a PCP) -- when you have to be put on a ventilator, it's really as a matter of last resort. Ventilators CAN and do save lives -- that's important to point out -- but so many times the person is already in a medical state where there is only a tenuous hold on life. 

Be well, all. ❤️ 

4 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Vents don't kill people. But when a person needs to be put on a vent in this condition they are critically ill. Sometimes it's what the body needs to recover, and other times there's just nothing more to be done. I saw someone fight for months and months on one, and sometimes they thought there was no hope. A miracle happened. It is very hard for the doctors and nurses fighting for these patients, doing everything they can and still having them pass.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline
19 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

Vents don't kill people. But when a person needs to be put on a vent in this condition they are critically ill. Sometimes it's what the body needs to recover, and other times there's just nothing more to be done. I saw someone fight for months and months on one, and sometimes they thought there was no hope. A miracle happened. It is very hard for the doctors and nurses fighting for these patients, doing everything they can and still having them pass.

Not quite true in all cases.  Vents can cause ARDS and pneumonia in weak patients who might otherwise have survived.  It's a tough call for anyone to make, no doubt.

https://www.endalldisease.com/covid-19-death-mechanical-ventilators-hh-inhalator/

1 hour ago, LIBrty4all said:

So if the only difference between the Pfizer-BioNTech and Cominarty is legal with no change in ingredients (as per the insert), then what, exactly is the legal difference between the two drugs?

Until vaccines labeled "Cominarty" are actually available legally speaking an FDA approved covid vaccine is not yet available to the public. Also as soon as an FDA approved product becomes available by law all emergency use products must be discontinued. Until "Cominarty" is available employers technically cannot justify vaccine mandates by saying it is FDA approved. 

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Florida COVID update: 901 added deaths, largest single-day increase in pandemic history

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article253766203.html

A race against Covid: How Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech developed vaccines in record time

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/27/how-moderna-and-pfizer-developed-covid-vaccines-in-record-time.html

Timeline
2 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Florida COVID update: 901 added deaths, largest single-day increase in pandemic history

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article253766203.html

NVM

Facts no longer matter to some.

Edited by LIBrty4all