TBoneTX

All Things Coronavirus (Part 2)

2,372 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, Mike E said:

After the CDC recommended fully vaccinated people get masks, I decided to buy a bunch of KN95s thinking if I have to wear a mask, I might as well wear one that does something.  

Wife had to get an image done at the hospital today.  There was a line outside the door to check vax status. So we get to the front of line and are told we need to wear their surgical masks instead of our KN95s.  In a hospital. Where there are sick people.  Who have Covid.  Or have compromised immune systems making it more likely they will succumb to Covid if they catch it.  

If public health authorities really cared about this, they would make people wear KN95s or N95s.  

Masks are just pandemic theater.  

Kn95 goes over the ears N95 goes over your entire head. I think they were trying to give you N95 masks...just guessing though.

9 hours ago, LIBrty4all said:

According to NBs favorite news source (CNN), 99.99% of Americans who are fully vaccinated have not died from covid.

And on other "news" sites, 98.4% of Americans haven't died from covid.

So vaccination took us from 16  in a thousand 1 in a ten thousand? Sign me up!

Edited by Crtcl Rice Theory

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

Kn95 goes over the ears N95 goes over your entire head. I think they were trying to give you N95 masks...just guessing though.

So vaccination took us from 16  in a thousand 1 in a ten thousand? Sign me up!

LOL, it is VERY clear you are guessing, since you seem to not know the difference between the two.  Here's a primer for you:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellness/n95-vs-kn95-which-mask-is-better-for-you/ar-BB1dzzsp

You're worried about 15 in a thousand?  SIXTEEN TIMES THAT, or 250 out of every thousand die from heart disease.  That's one American dead every 36 seconds!  But have we shut down fast food joints?  No.

Let's peep some other stats.  Abortions in 2017 was 862,000 (My body, my choice, eh?).  606,520 cancer deaths in 2020.  

What about births?  A new human is born about every 8 seconds.  3,900,750 births per year, in spite of the abortions above.  The death clock shows someone dies every 11.1 seconds.  2,830.866 every year.  So even with people dying from heart disease, cancer, and (supposedly) covid, we have a net population gain of 1,069,884 every year.  I think we will be ok as a nation.

Here's the thing... while ALL of us wish to cheat death for as long as we possibly can, no one gets off the planet alive, period.  All kinds of diseases kill the weakest among us every year.  That's simply part of the life cycle.  Everyone had best get used to the idea of covid, because it AIN'T GOING AWAY, ever.  Thanks to whomever had a hand in developing this particular nasty virus, we now have another virus trying to wipe us out.  THAT is the real travesty that is being ignored.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

More brilliance from the Branch Covidians is exposed.

It Turns Out All Those Plastic COVID Barriers Might Have Made Things Worse

Spencer Brown | Posted: Aug 19, 2021 5:15 PM

[...] Now that we've had more than a year of life peering through plastic at our fellow citizens, the science is starting to catch up with the craze and it turns out those measures may have actually increased the chances of people contracting the Wuhan coronavirus.  [...]

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2021/08/19/it-turns-out-all-those-plastic-covid-barriers-might-have-made-things-worse-n2594441  

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

6 hours ago, LIBrty4all said:

What about births?  A new human is born about every 8 seconds.  3,900,750 births per year, in spite of the abortions above.  The death clock shows someone dies every 11.1 seconds.  2,830.866 every year.  So even with people dying from heart disease, cancer, and (supposedly) covid, we have a net population gain of 1,069,884 every year.  I think we will be ok as a nation.

I thought US birth rate was declining and if it weren't for immigration the US would be on the same trajectory as Japan in terms of aging population.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
19 minutes ago, wagner17 said:

I thought US birth rate was declining and if it weren't for immigration the US would be on the same trajectory as Japan in terms of aging population.

The birth rate in the US is declining mostly (although it was slightly up the last few years (~0.09%), but the ratio of births to deaths has not dropped below 1 yet.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

12 hours ago, LIBrty4all said:

"Rules for thee, not for me", the democractic mantra, eh?

Considering that NB laughed at my post, I think he got the humor just fine.  

Just assume that 95% of anything I post is a joke

17 hours ago, LIBrty4all said:

According to NBs favorite news source (CNN), 99.99% of Americans who are fully vaccinated have not died from covid.

And on other "news" sites, 98.4% of Americans haven't died from covid.

making fun of CNN. Reported

Timeline
19 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Like I said earlier. we have 4 managers at our desk. 3 were " oh this is some big govt conspiracy. those 3 are all out with the rona. One who is in his 30's is on 100% oxygen. The one manager who got vaxxed is just fine. Unfortunately he is having work bell to bell 6 days a week.

I just turned on enhanced spell check. You heathens get ready 

Just thought I put this out there.  Dentists have the lowest rate of COVID infection among front line healthcare providers.  Seems odd considering what we have to deal with (our patients can't wear masks, the aerosols that are created while working, and no social distance).

Noticed today that US dentist have high vaccination rates.  90% are fully vaccinated and 93.5% have had at least one injection.

Coincidence?

https://www.ada.org/en/publications/ada-news/2021-archive/may/covid-19-infection-rate-among-dentists-remains-lower-than-other-health-professionals

https://www.today.com/health/dentists-covid-19-your-dentist-vaccinated-today-t228689

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

30 minutes ago, Neonred said:

Just thought I put this out there.  Dentists have the lowest rate of COVID infection among front line healthcare providers.  Seems odd considering what we have to deal with (our patients can't wear masks, the aerosols that are created while working, and no social distance).

Noticed today that US dentist have high vaccination rates.  90% are fully vaccinated and 93.5% have had at least one injection.

Coincidence?

https://www.ada.org/en/publications/ada-news/2021-archive/may/covid-19-infection-rate-among-dentists-remains-lower-than-other-health-professionals

https://www.today.com/health/dentists-covid-19-your-dentist-vaccinated-today-t228689

further proof the vaccine works. Someone on FB was was going on and on about how the vaccine was dangerous and a govt conspiracy, but goes down to Tractor Supply and buys IVOMEC and takes it, because someone posted it might be be effective against the virus although there is zero real studies done that back this up.

IVOMEC is an anti parasite drug used animals, mostly to treat heartworms in dogs. Can be fatal if taken incorrectly. 

People never cease to amaze me

24 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

further proof the vaccine works. Someone on FB was was going on and on about how the vaccine was dangerous and a govt conspiracy, but goes down to Tractor Supply and buys IVOMEC and takes it, because someone posted it might be be effective against the virus although there is zero real studies done that back this up.

IVOMEC is an anti parasite drug used animals, mostly to treat heartworms in dogs. Can be fatal if taken incorrectly. 

People never cease to amaze me

But they read about it on the Facebooks, NB! Probably in a meme with lots of minions. 

Excited Minions GIF

Timeline
1 hour ago, Neonred said:

Coincidence?

Great news, but wasn't it also just as true (that dentists have low infection/death rates) last fall, before there was a vaccine available and 0% of all dentists had taken it?

Timeline
19 minutes ago, LIBrty4all said:

Great news, but wasn't it also just as true (that dentists have low infection/death rates) last fall, before there was a vaccine available and 0% of all dentists had taken it?

You are probably correct.  You know we are protecting ourselves with those masks that don't do anything.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Neonred said:

You are probably correct.  You know we are protecting ourselves with those masks that don't do anything.

It probably helps a lot that the majority of sick people don't go to the dentist, and I am sure you guys were screening for fever and flu-like symptoms.  Also a lot of non-necessary procedures were put off during covid.

Also, I am sure that you and your staff use fresh masks at least for every patient, you don't recycle them for a week per mask.  Proper use is critical in the efficiency of those masks.

Edited by LIBrty4all

Timeline
6 minutes ago, LIBrty4all said:

Also, I am sure that you and your staff use fresh masks at least for every patient, you don't recycle them for a week per mask.  Proper use is critical in the efficiency of those masks.

If you turn them inside out you get twice as much use out of them😆