TBoneTX

All Things Coronavirus (Part 2)

2,372 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Doesn't everyone die?

we're staying on lockdown until there is a vaccine for that!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

So to hell with everyone else? 

my apologies that no one i know has died and i have not gone bankrupt.  i'll get right on that.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Oh the majority of us do believe that it is a serious problem. But as of right now the cure is becoming worse than the problem. 

I agree it's causing more problems. It could have been handled much better. Having an actual plan, for example, instead of the fiasco that's happened. 

5 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

So to hell with everyone else? 

That is pretty much the typical position I'm finding.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

my apologies that no one i know has died and i have not gone bankrupt.  i'll get right on that.

Why be so caustic? I don't know you, you don't know me. That is reality for some people. I'm fortunate that I haven't lost anyone or suffered financially from this. It doesn't make me indifferent to others suffering. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

Why be so caustic? I don't know you, you don't know me. That is reality for some people. I'm fortunate that I haven't lost anyone or suffered financially from this. It doesn't make me indifferent to others suffering. 

let's review:
me - what is a "serious problem"
you - Maybe someone you know dying? Maybe you going bankrupt because of lockdown? That's what I am asking. 

based on the above definition which you provided of what a "serious problem" is, i then replied with
"not a serious problem for me then."  (as neither of your guidelines fit me)

yet you reply with
"So to hell with everyone else?" 

how you arrived at the conclusion that i was saying to hell with everyone else (as i have not gone bankrupt nor do i know anyone who has died from covid)  is a mystery to me.  

and yet i'm the caustic one?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

This weekend I couldn't stop thinking again and again about the two women I knew who have been lost to this virus. I thought: what were they, sacrifices? And to what? When I see people act like nothing is happening because it all seems so far away, I get unreasonably angry. And so, so sad. I think of my classmate who I saw dancing in her kitchen one day on Instagram, and gone not even a week later. I will never see her again. I will never see that family friend who was so kind to me when I needed someone to convince me I was worth something after all when my marriage broke down. I can still hear her voice -- it was a funny one, a little scratchy and squeaky around the edges -- and see her freckles and remember how I felt when she held me tight and told me it was all going to be okay. And you know what? It was. 

They're gone, no biggie, right? Just two people, two names. They weren't old but they had underlying conditions, so who cares? And who cares about all the people who catch it and survive, but have ongoing health issues? Who cares if those people didn't have risk factors, whatever. It's more important for someone to go sit inside and eat some chicken wings and drink beer and feel the freedom of life with no mask.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

The only thing evident here is the left's blatant hate for freedoms, and moments like this, people's true intentions really show. After this, there's no point in the left playing coy about pretending they actually want to preserve freedoms. Their hand has been played for about the entirety of this year and no amount of trolling or gaslighting is going to work at this point. 

Freedom is an illusion. What makes you think you have freedom?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

let's review:
me - what is a "serious problem"
you - Maybe someone you know dying? Maybe you going bankrupt because of lockdown? That's what I am asking. 

based on the above definition which you provided of what a "serious problem" is, i then replied with
"not a serious problem for me then."  (as neither of your guidelines fit me)

yet you reply with
"So to hell with everyone else?" 

how you arrived at the conclusion that i was saying to hell with everyone else (as i have not gone bankrupt nor do i know anyone who has died from covid)  is a mystery to me.  

and yet i'm the caustic one?

Well then why don't you define what is a serious problem?  This is what debate is. Maybe I didn't use the correct word when said "serious". I am trying to understand attitudes on here, as an immigrant. It's very difficult for me, as an English person, to understand what the problem is with wearing a mask and practicing distancing. It doesn't make me a liberal, or lefty, or whatever other slur gets put on anyone here. I'm not a citizen, I can't vote, I don't have any political affiliation yet.  

I still remember after weeks of phone calls my sister made (and me doing some digging) to try and find out what happened to her best friend. When she finally found her at a hospital and one single nurse understood the gravity of the situation and allowed an 'outsider' to speak to her before she was put onto a vent. I remember hearing her voice through that phone and seeing the tears well up in my sister's eyes. Her friend always had a booming voice and was the life of every party.... now reduced to weak and breathless, barely comprehending who or what around her. All she could whimper was her name almost as if she was in a far away place already. My sister desperately didn't want to cry on the phone, but told her she was loved. It was hard to see one of the toughest women I know break down. Horrified at everything this woman went through before she died. Unable to be at the funeral and say goodbye. Unable to hug the people that tried so hard for weeks to save her.

We have been through this as a family again and again and again. Friends and family all gone. This virus has taken them and they have died a death I would not wish on anyone. It is soul crushing and it makes me so angry at the shameful attitudes I see. My wish for everyone is that it will never affect you or someone you truly care about.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

15 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

Well then why don't you define what is a serious problem?  This is what debate is. Maybe I didn't use the correct word when said "serious". I am trying to understand attitudes on here, as an immigrant. It's very difficult for me, as an English person, to understand what the problem is with wearing a mask and practicing distancing. It doesn't make me a liberal, or lefty, or whatever other slur gets put on anyone here. I'm not a citizen, I can't vote, I don't have any political affiliation yet.  

I'd start with antiquating yourself with the constitution. People don't give up their freedoms just because of some "problem". The Spanish Flu didn't annihilate people's freedoms, and neither did WW1 or 2. You may come from countries where freedoms mean little for the sake of government instituted comfort, but that's not how things work in the US, despite the obvious inroads a certain demographic has made of late in destroying them.

I also find it ironic that a British immigrant is trying to tell me, an American, about how meaningless my freedoms are. It didn't work in the 1700s and it doesn't work now.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
40 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

Well I'd prefer it if my children didn't die, or my husband, just yet. 

No one prefers losing anyone.  I did not prefer losing my parents when I did, but unfortunately it is a part of life. 

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

We have been through this as a family again and again and again. Friends and family all gone. This virus has taken them and they have died a death I would not wish on anyone. It is soul crushing and it makes me so angry at the shameful attitudes I see. My wish for everyone is that it will never affect you or someone you truly care about.

I'm so very sorry for your loss, yuna. 

23 minutes ago, laylalex said:

This weekend I couldn't stop thinking again and again about the two women I knew who have been lost to this virus. I thought: what were they, sacrifices? And to what? When I see people act like nothing is happening because it all seems so far away, I get unreasonably angry. And so, so sad. I think of my classmate who I saw dancing in her kitchen one day on Instagram, and gone not even a week later. I will never see her again. I will never see that family friend who was so kind to me when I needed someone to convince me I was worth something after all when my marriage broke down. I can still hear her voice -- it was a funny one, a little scratchy and squeaky around the edges -- and see her freckles and remember how I felt when she held me tight and told me it was all going to be okay. And you know what? It was.

And I'm so very sorry for your loss, layla. 

It's very difficult to comprehend when we lose the ones we love. I hope you can both find the solace you need. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hundreds broke the rules to attend a wedding. 17 now have the coronavirus, sparking two outbreaks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/11/17/washington-wedding-covid-outbreak/

300 people at a wedding, 17 infected so far.