TBoneTX

All Things Coronavirus (Part 2)

2,372 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 8/8/2021 at 3:13 AM, laylalex said:

I can't believe we're still talking about VAERS when we've been over this topic 52 gazillion times. 

As someone whose details are actually in VAERS, I ask that you actually understand what it is and isn't. Reuters is an excellent source. Wordpress blogs by randos aren't even if they have lots of links in them. https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-vaers-12000-idUSL1N2P21DB 

The COVID-101 website is also an excellent source. My mom -- a primary care physician -- points people there frequently. Here's a short article from a few weeks ago which explains the number of deaths related to the vaccines and how the CDC uses the VAERS data. https://covid-101.org/science/how-many-people-have-died-from-the-vaccine-in-the-u-s/

So considering your issue with the vaccine are you planning on getting the potential booster if and when the "experts" say it is necessary?

Edited by Dashinka

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

I hear the people at Obama's party were quite sophisticated.  Weren't they the same people saying the vaccines were bad only a few months ago.  Anyway, I love the hypocrisy from the venerable Dr. Fauci, what else is new.

Fauci berates mass outdoor gathering in South Dakota, but gives Obama's birthday bash a pass

"No comment from St. Fauci on Obama’s soirée last night with a few hundred of his closest friends - or how about Lollapalooza last week in Chicago," one social media user said in reaction to Fauci's comments critical of the annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.

"Or, I guess it’s SELECTIVE festivities, because the virus knows, and only attacks those who fit the Dems’ narrative."

The remarks came in response to Fauci's comments expressing concern about South Dakota's upcoming Sturgis Motorcycle Rally on Sunday's "Meet the Press," with host Chuck Todd speculating the rally could become a "super spreader" event.

"I'm very concerned, Chuck, that we're going to see another surge related to that rally," Fauci said. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fauci-berates-mass-outdoor-gathering-in-south-dakota-but-gives-obamas-birthday-bash-a-pass/ar-AAN5pJJ

7 hours ago, Dashinka said:

So considering your issue with the vaccine are you planning on getting the potential booster if and when the "experts" say it is necessary?

Of course. That is what my medical team advised. My rheumo is one of the best in the LA area, and we have some of the best healthcare in the country here, if you have excellent insurance (I do). Not only that, my issues actually improved when I had the second jab. On top of that, I now know that the pain I suffered is temporary in nature, and once I understood I was not facing a chronic disease, I improved drastically on a psychological level. When my anxiety levels dropped, my physical issues improved as well. What happened to me was rare and painful but transitory. Understanding that it is a temporary state of affairs makes it easier to endure. Not only that, I understand what helps and what does not. I trust the people who know me and my body to know how to handle this.

21 minutes ago, LIBrty4all said:

My money is on yes.  Because yanno VAERS is just a bunch of made-up lies.

It would be helpful if you understood what VAERS is and is not, and from reading your posts it seems to me like you don't. I mean, we've tried to explain it, really. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, laylalex said:

It would be helpful if you understood what VAERS is and is not, and from reading your posts it seems to me like you don't. I mean, we've tried to explain it, really. 

Yes, that WOULD be helpful.  Sadly, I didn't go to an ivy league community college, so perhaps you can educate me? I am so confused by all that data.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Dashinka said:

I hear the people at Obama's party were quite sophisticated.  Weren't they the same people saying the vaccines were bad only a few months ago.  Anyway, I love the hypocrisy from the venerable Dr. Fauci, what else is new.

Fauci berates mass outdoor gathering in South Dakota, but gives Obama's birthday bash a pass

"No comment from St. Fauci on Obama’s soirée last night with a few hundred of his closest friends - or how about Lollapalooza last week in Chicago," one social media user said in reaction to Fauci's comments critical of the annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.

"Or, I guess it’s SELECTIVE festivities, because the virus knows, and only attacks those who fit the Dems’ narrative."

The remarks came in response to Fauci's comments expressing concern about South Dakota's upcoming Sturgis Motorcycle Rally on Sunday's "Meet the Press," with host Chuck Todd speculating the rally could become a "super spreader" event.

"I'm very concerned, Chuck, that we're going to see another surge related to that rally," Fauci said. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fauci-berates-mass-outdoor-gathering-in-south-dakota-but-gives-obamas-birthday-bash-a-pass/ar-AAN5pJJ

Timeline
3 minutes ago, LIBrty4all said:

The could not get the post removed fast enough I guess.  Darn internet.

11 minutes ago, LIBrty4all said:

Yes, that WOULD be helpful.  Sadly, I didn't go to an ivy league community college, so perhaps you can educate me? I am so confused by all that data.

I have given you several links, and so have others, which explain the system pretty clearly. There's not much more I can do beyond posting even more links that show what VAERS is and it isn't so 🤷‍♀️ 

And seriously, do you have a problem with me? You've been kind of aggressive with me recently, which doesn't really seem necessary. I'm happy to talk about things and disagree too, but it's disappointing when you go after me like this on the basis of where I went to college. Even with the nice things you said about my husband, it's kind of leaving me wondering why I'm upsetting you. Can we not agree to disagree without being so disagreeable?

On 8/7/2021 at 10:03 PM, Rosalind F said:

CDC: "Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

And for every person who reports their adverse events to VAERS many do not. 

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Timeline
20 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I have given you several links, and so have others, which explain the system pretty clearly. There's not much more I can do beyond posting even more links that show what VAERS is and it isn't so 🤷‍♀️ 

And seriously, do you have a problem with me? You've been kind of aggressive with me recently, which doesn't really seem necessary. I'm happy to talk about things and disagree too, but it's disappointing when you go after me like this on the basis of where I went to college. Even with the nice things you said about my husband, it's kind of leaving me wondering why I'm upsetting you. Can we not agree to disagree without being so disagreeable?

Well, you kinda started it by trying to make it look like I am too stupid to understand "what VAERS is and is not".  I only brought up your college because you have bragged about it more than once, so you must think it's noteworthy, and thereby gives you a superior knowledge of how to interpret the data.

Disagree or agree, it doesn't really matter.  But try to paint me as less educated or less able to understand what is happening in the world around me, and suddenly it becomes personal, see?

I can only judge what I am seeing in this mess using my life's experience.  And in my experience, it has never been a good idea to put too much faith and trust in the government.  I reckon we will all know more in about 5 years.

Also, VAERS has data that is publicly available.  But guess what?  It is VASTLY under-representative of what is happening, because not many people bother reporting their issues on it.  I did once, years ago.  Haven't since.  And care to take a wild guess how many Americans even KNOW about the site, or have access to it?

Edited by LIBrty4all

Timeline
4 minutes ago, LIBrty4all said:

Well, you kinda started it by trying to make it look like I am too stupid to understand "what VAERS is and is not".  I only brought up your college because you have bragged about it more than once, so you must think it's noteworthy, and thereby gives you a superior knowledge of how to interpret the data.

Disagree or agree, it doesn't really matter.  But try to paint me as less educated or less able to understand what is happening in the world around me, and suddenly it becomes personal, see?

I can only judge what I am seeing in this mess using my life's experience.  And in my experience, it has never been a good idea to put too much faith and trust in the government.  I reckon we will all know more in about 5 years.

Also, VAERS has data that is publicly available.  But guess what?  It is VASTLY under-representative of what is happening, because not many people bother reporting their issues on it.  I did once, years ago.  Haven't since.  And care to take a wild guess how many Americans even KNOW about the site, or have access to it?

I never even considered reporting the slightly adverse effects I or my wife had from the Covid vaccine let alone any other vaccine I have had over the years.  Of course as soon as someone does, or if someone blames a death from a vaccine, particularly the Covid vaccines, it is immediately dismissed.

I think you are seriously misunderstanding my intent, about a lot of what you've said above, and for that I'm sorry. I certainly never intended for anyone to think (including you) that I thought you were uneducated, just not understanding what the VAERS database is and isn't. A person can be intelligent and not understand something -- I see it all the time. It's not a judgment on their intelligence or even their ability to discern fact from fiction. It just sort of... is. You don't -- to my eyes, and the eyes of others on here -- seem to understand what VAERS is and isn't, even when we've pointed you towards reputable sources (including the CDC itself) that discuss the system's limitations. I just have to throw up my hands at that point because... I tried. I did.

You've made it awfully personal, and it does hurt. I don't wish you ill at all, and never intended such a thing. If I hurt you, I apologize. Being sorry for upsetting someone isn't very hard.