TBoneTX

All Things Coronavirus (Part 2)

2,372 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Pfizer Releases Brand New, Never-Before-Seen Drug 'Pfivermectin'

https://babylonbee.com/news/pfizer-releases-popular-new-drug-pfivermectin  

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
15 hours ago, laylalex said:

But that's not distributed by the US? That's clearly a kit distributed by the IMSS, which is a Mexican authority. You were talking about US authorities giving Ivermectin to refugees coming from Afghanistan, for the eradication of intestinal parasites. I mean, there's moving goalposts a little and then there's relocation to another country and repurposing for some other use entirely! :lol: 

I am not saying definitively that ivermectin isn't and never will be a treatment for COVID -- the large-scale studies on this just aren't complete yet. Other small studies and several studies that have been discredited indicate that it could be. That just isn't enough to know it is safe and effective. I don't decide for myself what drugs I want to take to treat more than simple aches and pains. I consult with my doctors. Ivermectin is not approved by the FDA as a treatment for COVID, nor is there emergency use authorization. Is it used for other purposes, safely and effectively? Yes, of course. But -- and this is an important point given our discussion elsewhere about the Hippocratic Oath -- doctors must do no harm. That means not prescribing drugs outside of a clinical trial that may or may not work for a particular condition. 

I would love for Ivermectin to be a safe and effective treatment for COVID, please don't get me wrong. But I don't mess around with my health, nor do I take medical advice from the internet. I ask my doctors instead, people who know me and my body. People are desperate, I understand that, but that doesn't mean playing around because you read some stuff online. Go talk to your doctors and ask their opinion. They're the ones who prescribe medication, after all. 

Doesn't matter to me WHICH country is using ivermectin with good results, because they ALL are.  Even here in the US.  But it's not just ivermectin alone, and of course, it should be administered under the advice of a physician.

The thing is, while ivermectin and HCQ have both been proven to knock covid down, neither drug will create billions of dollars for big Pharma, so of course they are not being seen as successful here in the US.  But other countries have had some good success with both of them.

Also, the experimental EUA Pfizer-BioNTech drug was not approved by the FDA, yet you took that, right?  (Or whichever drug you opted for, none are approved yet)
But ivermectin IS and FDA approved drug, as is HCQ.  And used in conjunction with other drugs, are doing a pretty decent job of keeping covid at bay.  Not sure how many breakthru cases there have been with either, but I suspect it is lower than with the EUA drugs so many have taken, and breakthru cases keep going up.  Every country that has a large # of EUA drugs administered also has a large number of covid cases.  Doesn't appear as though the drugs are doing much to date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 hours ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

Health experts keep warning against using ivermectin as a Covid treatment. Some Americans refuse to listen.

ImageHighly concentrated veterinary ivermectin has been flying off the shelves of U.S. supply stores, despite its dangers to humans.
Highly concentrated veterinary ivermectin has been flying off the shelves of U.S. supply stores, despite its dangers to humans.Credit...Denis Farrell/Associated Press
  • Sept. 4, 2021, 4:11 p.m. ET

A doctor in rural Oklahoma says hospitals are backed up with patients who have overdosed on veterinary ivermectin, an anti-parasite medication. Mississippi’s health department said that 70 percent of recent calls to the state poison control center in August came from people who ingested ivermectin from livestock supply stores.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that a person had an “altered mental status” after apparently taking five pills of ivermectin — that he had purchased on the internet — daily for five days. Another person drank an ivermectin formula intended for cattle and was hospitalized for nine days with tremors and hallucinations.

Three inmates in a jail in northwest Arkansas told The Associated Press that they were unknowingly given ivermectin among their Covid medications. The C.D.C. reported almost 90,000 prescriptions per week in mid-August, up from a prepandemic average of 3,600 per week. Veterinary supply store shelves have been emptied of ivermectin.

Public health warnings against using the drug as a treatment for Covid-19, especially not in the large doses crafted for livestock, appear to have made little dent in its surging popularity in the United States — or in the minds of its defenders in the conservative and fringe right-wing media sphere.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/04/world/ivermectin-health-experts.html

Rolling Stone humiliated after story about hospitals 'overwhelmed' by patients overdosing on Ivermectin falls apart

NHS-Sequoyah-update.jpg

more at https://thepostmillennial.com/rolling-stone-humiliated-after-story-about-hospital-overwhelmed-by-patients-overdosing-on-ivermectin-falls-apart

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ban Hammer said:

Rolling Stone humiliated after story about hospitals 'overwhelmed' by patients overdosing on Ivermectin falls apart

NHS-Sequoyah-update.jpg

more at https://thepostmillennial.com/rolling-stone-humiliated-after-story-about-hospital-overwhelmed-by-patients-overdosing-on-ivermectin-falls-apart

I mean, 11 patients in four months... the new pandemic?

And all of this from a rag that can't even get the facts straight about music groups.  They must have "followed the science", eh?

But that doctor works in multiple hospitals, not just the one made the statement. That's pretty clear from the reporting, which is available in many other outlets, including more local sources like this one: https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-and-regional/watch-now-this-is-not-just-covid-domino-effect-backs-up-oklahoma-hospitals-with-no/article_20c0d850-0a62-11ec-a376-e7df03dd09bf.html

McElyea, a frontline family physician working in emergency rooms in eastern and southern Oklahoma, said the gunshot victim who came in normally would have been no problem to transfer out of a small hospital that had no neurosurgeon and minimal critical-care capacities.

I mean, it's good that one hospital is not affected and it's right to put out the statement to quell community concerns. But as Aristotle said, one swallow does not make a summer. If it is not true, then each emergency room McElyea works in should speak up and say he is making things up. This seems like a failure in reading comprehension to me by Glenn Greenwald and others who are touting it as some massive failure. 🤷‍♀️

What's so confusing about what I wrote? McElyea works at multiple hospitals in eastern and southern Oklahoma. He never said that the gunshot victim in question was at that specific hospital. No other Oklahoma hospitals have come forward with a press release discounting what he has said. This isn't a slam-dunk -- in the absence of more evidence it kind of looks like a self-own. I mean, it's good to be skeptical but one hospital counting itself out doesn't prove that what he said isn't true.

Edited by laylalex
Missing word.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, laylalex said:

one swallow does not make a summer.

at my age, it would  :devil:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ban Hammer said:

NHS-Sequoyah-update.jpg

Looks like the fake news claiming fake news.  I don't see where this doctor claims he worked in the article, I assume he is working somewhere in Oklahoma.

Besides RS just printed a reference to his television appearance and not the first hand interview. 

If some of these conspiracy internet blogs come up with some real information, I am all ears. For now the story stands on the other direct quotes. 

Edit: sounds like Layla was all over this without my help.

Timeline

Back in the day, when the Brits realized they could no longer send their prisoners to America near the end of the War of Independence, they decided to put them in "hulks", which soon became full.  The overcrowding of jails and prisons happened due to the poor that were created by the government back in the day.  They could put to death murderers, but those who stole a shilling could only be locked up.

And what did the noble Brits do when their prisons and hulks filled up?  Why, they shipped them to Australia to exile.  A "prison nation", if you will.

Looks like the trend is continuing today, with covid as the cause for controlling and locking up people.  A sad state of affairs that only happens when citizens are unable to stand up for their rights.  

https://en-volve.com/2021/08/27/australia-is-building-first-covid-quarantine-internment-camp-to-segregate-population-and-keep-delta-variant-out/

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

Looks like the fake news claiming fake news.  I don't see where this doctor claims he worked in the article, I assume he is working somewhere in Oklahoma.

Besides RS just printed a reference to his television appearance and not the first hand interview. 

If some of these conspiracy internet blogs come up with some real information, I am all ears. For now the story stands on the other direct quotes. 

Edit: sounds like Layla was all over this without my help.

Yes, it's been well covered alright.  11 people in 4 months.  Truly a national pandemic in the making.

Edited by LIBrty4all

54 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

at my age, it would  :devil:

I knew this was coming. :P 

I did it anyway. :lol: 

Timeline
1 hour ago, LIBrty4all said:

A sad state of affairs that only happens when citizens are unable to stand up for their rights.  

Of note, the populace was disarmed by the government some years ago.

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
6 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

Of note, the populace was disarmed by the government some years ago.

More to the point, the Aussies voluntarily gave up their guns.   I sincerely believe that would never happen in America.

Then again, 5 years ago, I would have laughed if you had told me our country would be in the mess it is today.  Today, I feel more like crying over where we are as a nation.

Edited by LIBrty4all

Timeline

The elites are continuously testing how much we'll put up with.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I live in a Country that (especially in my state) people can't choose what type of covid vaccine they are gonna get. In Brazil Sinovac, Astrazeneca and Pfizer vaccines are available. So when you go and get the vaccine you just have to get w/e is available otherwise if you ask for a specific one you would have to wait 60 days as punishment. I didn't want to take the Sinovac because I know in the future the possibility of it being not accepted in the USA is huge (It's not accepted in canada and some EU countries already), but I didn't want to wait for the 60 days, so I took the Sinovac one. 

My interview is in a few weeks. If the USA releases a list of vaccines and Sinovac isn't accepted. What should I do? (In case I can't get the one I need to travel here). Would it be possible to get the vaccine in the US? I know probably no one knows anything about this yet. But just the thought of the whole process, time and money invested in it being wasted because of the covid vaccine restrictions makes me feel sick.

Edited by tahm