TBoneTX

All Things Coronavirus (Part 2)

2,372 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 minutes ago, LIBrty4all said:

So you must have missed the part where the wildfires are linked to thousands of covid cases.  Not surprised, really.  

So did you hear from a friend about the nasty smoke?  Cuz surely you did not notice it yourself, since your mask kept it all out of your lungs?

SARS-CoV-2 is transmitted by exposure to infectious respiratory fluids

The principal mode by which people are infected with SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) is through exposure to respiratory fluids carrying infectious virus. Exposure occurs in three principal ways: (1) inhalation of very fine respiratory droplets and aerosol particles, (2) deposition of respiratory droplets and particles on exposed mucous membranes in the mouth, nose, or eye by direct splashes and sprays, and (3) touching mucous membranes with hands that have been soiled either directly by virus-containing respiratory fluids or indirectly by touching surfaces with virus on them.

People release respiratory fluids during exhalation (e.g., quiet breathing, speaking, singing, exercise, coughing, sneezing) in the form of droplets across a spectrum of sizes.1-9 These droplets carry virus and transmit infection.

• The largest droplets settle out of the air rapidly, within seconds to minutes.
  • The smallest very fine droplets, and aerosol particles formed when these fine droplets rapidly dry, are small enough that they can remain suspended in the air for minutes to hours.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/sars-cov-2-transmission.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
9 hours ago, LIBrty4all said:

So you must have missed the part where the wildfires are linked to thousands of covid cases.  Not surprised, really.  

So did you hear from a friend about the nasty smoke?  Cuz surely you did not notice it yourself, since your mask kept it all out of your lungs?

Back when I was an active firefighter, we used SCBAs to keep from breathing smoke, it would have been much lighter for us if we could have just put on a surgical mask.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

We haven't reviewed this in a while.

image.png.890ee8b9b3a37c6eef9f19e1769ec713.png

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

10 hours ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

The principal mode by which people are infected with SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) is through exposure to respiratory fluids carrying infectious virus. Exposure occurs in three principal ways: (1) inhalation of very fine respiratory droplets and aerosol particles, (2) deposition of respiratory droplets and particles on exposed mucous membranes in the mouth, nose, or eye by direct splashes and sprays, and (3) touching mucous membranes with hands that have been soiled either directly by virus-containing respiratory fluids or indirectly by touching surfaces with virus on them.

People release respiratory fluids during exhalation (e.g., quiet breathing, speaking, singing, exercise, coughing, sneezing) in the form of droplets across a spectrum of sizes.1-9 These droplets carry virus and transmit infection.

• The largest droplets settle out of the air rapidly, within seconds to minutes.
  • The smallest very fine droplets, and aerosol particles formed when these fine droplets rapidly dry, are small enough that they can remain suspended in the air for minutes to hours.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/sars-cov-2-transmission.html

image.jpeg.5c7779a78993b5754bc1a32f4b5321a7.jpeg

More than 500 people die every year from adverse reactions to penicillin shots. 

150 people die every year from Peanut allergy

The thing is, any vaccine is going to have a small percent that have a reaction.  I could go on and on.

The bottom line is this ,. The vaccine works. The proof is irrefutable . Alabama has about a 35% vaccine rate but only about 3% of admitted patients have had the vaccine. 

Hospitalization  rates for vaccinated are less than 3% and ICU admits for Vaccinated are lower than that.  Here is a great chart

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/08/10/us/covid-breakthrough-infections-vaccines.html

Rates of Covid-19 hospitalizations for children and adults under 50 reach their highest levels yet, CDC data shows

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/19/health/us-coronavirus-thursday/index.html

Rates of Covid-19 hospitalizations for children and adults under 50 reach their highest levels yet, CDC data shows

2 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I wish I could give you two blue hearts, one for both times you posted the same link and headline but I can only give you one official one. So have this one too. 💙

Timeline
13 hours ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

Thank you for using the CDC to back up what I was telling you days ago.  Masks cannot stop all the droplets from spreading into the air, period.  Lower the amount of droplets, sure.  But now you walk into aisle 7, where a lady who had covid just left after handling several cans of corn and green beans.  Even though her vapors may have fallen to the floor (and are now on your shoes), SOME of those droplets are on the cans you are about to pick up and put in your cart.  And then you reach up to adjust that nasty mask you have been wearing for three days because it drooped under your nose a bit, inadvertently brushing your nose.  That's all it takes.  

51 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I wish I could give you two blue hearts, one for both times you posted the same link and headline but I can only give you one official one. So have this one too. 💙

I am old. I get to repeat myself a lot

33 minutes ago, LIBrty4all said:

Thank you for using the CDC to back up what I was telling you days ago.  Masks cannot stop all the droplets from spreading into the air, period.  Lower the amount of droplets, sure.  But now you walk into aisle 7, where a lady who had covid just left after handling several cans of corn and green beans.  Even though her vapors may have fallen to the floor (and are now on your shoes), SOME of those droplets are on the cans you are about to pick up and put in your cart.  And then you reach up to adjust that nasty mask you have been wearing for three days because it drooped under your nose a bit, inadvertently brushing your nose.  That's all it takes.  

And that is all anyone has been saying. It lowers the amount of droplets. Its just a tool. By god the light finally came on ol girl

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

And that is all anyone has been saying. It lowers the amount of droplets. Its just a tool. By god the light finally came on ol girl

I have never said that they are useless.  Just that they are not gonna save the world or anything.  Because if they WERE that good, no one would have gotten sick the past 12 months.  And yet... we did, and still are.  All that invisible breath vapor escaping AROUND the mask, then floating in the air behind you as you walk, just waiting for the person who is seven feet behind you to walk thru it, and those droplets get in their hair, on their clothes.... ohhh shiver!!  

Yes, it is a tool, but not a very effective one.  Much like using a pickax to remove the weeds from a window planter.  I'd wager that keeping your distance (something I was doing decades before it became popular) and good hygiene are more effective tools.  Just my opinion though.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

And no one has said just how many virus particles or droplets are necessary to make a person sick. 

One virus particle ain't gona do it.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

The key in wearing a mask is to make sure the fit is correct. Stop fiddling with it (if it fits correct then you shouldn't be messing with it). Make sure your mask is of good quality, made properly, or offers the highest protection you can. N95s are very much available now, which they were not so much early on. There have been many studies however, showing people can make a mask using materials that offered the same protection quality. This was what I did long ago, but now have a supply of N95s. Wash masks frequently and dispose of them.

Another problem is eye protection. There were studies that people who wore glasses actually had better protection, and certainly it's been talked about that people need to stop touching their eyes. The eye is an important entry point that I think some didn't pay nearly enough attention to. 

3 minutes ago, Neonred said:

And no one has said just how many virus particles or droplets are necessary to make a person sick. 

One virus particle ain't gona do it.

Don't think I've seen any studies on that, would be a hard thing to pinpoint... only that the people who have the most virus content seem to be the ones most sickly.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

8 minutes ago, LIBrty4all said:

I have never said that they are useless.  Just that they are not gonna save the world or anything.  Because if they WERE that good, no one would have gotten sick the past 12 months.  And yet... we did, and still are.  All that invisible breath vapor escaping AROUND the mask, then floating in the air behind you as you walk, just waiting for the person who is seven feet behind you to walk thru it, and those droplets get in their hair, on their clothes.... ohhh shiver!!  

Yes, it is a tool, but not a very effective one.  Much like using a pickax to remove the weeds from a window planter.  I'd wager that keeping your distance (something I was doing decades before it became popular) and good hygiene are more effective tools.  Just my opinion though.

We dont really disagree. I agree I think the mask thing has become more symbolic than anything else.

Now the vaccine. Proven without a doubt it saves lives. As far as mandatory goes. Not on that train