TBoneTX

All Things Coronavirus (Part 2)

2,372 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, LIBrty4all said:

Some people need to grow up and not be so sensitive.  I know you cannot say that as a mod, so I am here to provide that service.

Lots of actual facts being brought out in this thread, there should be no room for emotion.  This is science we are discussing, and people's lives ARE at stake, one way or the other.  The focus should be on doing everything to maximize one's likelihood of survival without potentially life-long ill effects.

You are right there were a couple of facts buried in that rather lengthy reddit regurgitation 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

You are right there were a couple of facts buried in that rather lengthy reddit regurgitation 

More than a couple, actually.  But too many people today will refuse to see what is right before their eyes.  It seems the more "woke" we are forced to become, the less we are able to see.

7 hours ago, LIBrty4all said:

All very true.  And even now, the FDA & CDC have determined that the PCR tests we have been subjected to for over a year are producing too many false positives and are recalling the tests by December.  Hell, the tests were never intended to be used to diagnose covid.  It's no wonder they aren't working right.

Not true.

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2021/07/no-the-cdc-did-not-issue-an-emergency-recall-of-covid-tests.html

Timeline
1 hour ago, laylalex said:

Ok.  You keep believing whatever you want to. I never said it was an emergency recall.  That was you & your link.

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html 

Edited by LIBrty4all

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

mb8qp5go8ce71.gif

9b85af4a-c09d-49eb-aaf6-0b0c7924a524_192

Call me crazy, but I choose LIFE.

ETA: Didn't I tell you last week that your memes have been getting weaker?  Need to step up your game.  You did much better on your other account.

Edited by LIBrty4all

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The Anti-vaccine Con Job Is Becoming Untenable

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/08/vaccine-refusers-dont-want-blue-americas-respect/619627/

Why targets of deliberate deception often hesitate to admit they’ve been deceived.

Something very strange has been happening in Missouri: A hospital in the state, Ozarks Healthcare, had to create a “private setting” for patients afraid of being seen getting vaccinated against COVID-19. In a video produced by the hospital, the physician Priscilla Frase says, “Several people come in to get vaccinated who have tried to sort of disguise their appearance and even went so far as to say, ‘Please, please, please don’t let anybody know that I got this vaccine.’” Although they want to protect themselves from the coronavirus and its variants, these patients are desperate to ensure that their vaccine-skeptical friends and family never find out what they have done.

Missouri is suffering one of the worst COVID-19 surges in the country. Some hospitals are rapidly running out of ICU beds. To Americans who rushed to get vaccinated at the earliest opportunity, some Missourians’ desire for secrecy is difficult to understand. It’s also difficult to square with the common narrative that vaccine refusal, at least in conservative areas of the country, is driven by a lack of respect or empathy from liberals along the coasts. “Proponents of the vaccine are unwilling or unable to understand the thinking of vaccine skeptics—or even admit that skeptics may be thinking at all,” lamented a recent article in the conservative National Review. Writers across the political spectrum have urged deference and sympathy toward holdouts’ concerns about vaccine side effects and the botched CDC messaging about masking and airborne transmission early in the pandemic. But these takes can’t explain why holdouts who receive respect, empathy, and information directly from reliable sources remain unmoved—or why some people are afraid to tell their loved ones about being vaccinated.

What is going on here? Sociology suggests that pundits and policy makers have been looking at vaccine refusal all wrong: It’s not an individual problem, but a social one. That’s why individual information outreach and individual incentives—such as Ohio’s Vax-a-Million program, intended to increase vaccine uptake with cash prizes and college scholarships—haven’t worked. Pandemics, by definition, are collective problems. They propagate and kill because people live in communities. As a result, addressing pandemics requires understanding interpersonal dynamics—not just what promotes trust among people, but which behaviors convey status or lead to ostracism

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

The Anti-vaccine Con Job Is Becoming Untenable

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/08/vaccine-refusers-dont-want-blue-americas-respect/619627/

Why targets of deliberate deception often hesitate to admit they’ve been deceived.

Something very strange has been happening in Missouri: A hospital in the state, Ozarks Healthcare, had to create a “private setting” for patients afraid of being seen getting vaccinated against COVID-19. In a video produced by the hospital, the physician Priscilla Frase says, “Several people come in to get vaccinated who have tried to sort of disguise their appearance and even went so far as to say, ‘Please, please, please don’t let anybody know that I got this vaccine.’” Although they want to protect themselves from the coronavirus and its variants, these patients are desperate to ensure that their vaccine-skeptical friends and family never find out what they have done.

Missouri is suffering one of the worst COVID-19 surges in the country. Some hospitals are rapidly running out of ICU beds. To Americans who rushed to get vaccinated at the earliest opportunity, some Missourians’ desire for secrecy is difficult to understand. It’s also difficult to square with the common narrative that vaccine refusal, at least in conservative areas of the country, is driven by a lack of respect or empathy from liberals along the coasts. “Proponents of the vaccine are unwilling or unable to understand the thinking of vaccine skeptics—or even admit that skeptics may be thinking at all,” lamented a recent article in the conservative National Review. Writers across the political spectrum have urged deference and sympathy toward holdouts’ concerns about vaccine side effects and the botched CDC messaging about masking and airborne transmission early in the pandemic. But these takes can’t explain why holdouts who receive respect, empathy, and information directly from reliable sources remain unmoved—or why some people are afraid to tell their loved ones about being vaccinated.

What is going on here? Sociology suggests that pundits and policy makers have been looking at vaccine refusal all wrong: It’s not an individual problem, but a social one. That’s why individual information outreach and individual incentives—such as Ohio’s Vax-a-Million program, intended to increase vaccine uptake with cash prizes and college scholarships—haven’t worked. Pandemics, by definition, are collective problems. They propagate and kill because people live in communities. As a result, addressing pandemics requires understanding interpersonal dynamics—not just what promotes trust among people, but which behaviors convey status or lead to ostracism

Another political hit piece around vaccinations?  I would think the Dems would be fine with the Repubs not wanting the jab since if they catch Covid19 they will die.

Edited by Dashinka

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

I do not want anyone to die from or suffer from COVID. That's why I want vaccine holdouts and refusers to change their minds. We are all humans, regardless of who we vote for.

11 hours ago, LIBrty4all said:

Ok.  You keep believing whatever you want to. I never said it was an emergency recall.  That was you & your link.

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html 

That's literally the same link from the article I linked to. We are talking about precisely the same tests, I think.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, laylalex said:

I do not want anyone to die from or suffer from COVID. That's why I want vaccine holdouts and refusers to change their minds. We are all humans, regardless of who we vote for.

It is still all about personal responsibility and my comment was written more in a sarcastic vein.  The fact that the Leftist media is still running the political narrative about the vaccines is starting to become annoying.  There are a lot of people that are not getting a vaccine for whatever reason, I suspect the biggest identity class (since Dems love to put everyone in their class) are the ones that already had Covid19 and don't feel the need.  To run a story that blames all of this on a generalized political class is simply wrong.  Get the vaccine, don't get it, life is all about risks, but in the end, everyone will expire.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

231173904_4305177592894804_4907074446968009840_n.thumb.jpg.61953596af35d64b2e9505a254d10546.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ban Hammer said:

231173904_4305177592894804_4907074446968009840_n.thumb.jpg.61953596af35d64b2e9505a254d10546.jpg

I can see a few flaws in this dialogue, buts start with the  comparitive downside. 

If you are poorly trained, ill equipped, have the wrong gear or find your self in the wrong situation, a gun can have lethal consequences ( not the intended ones)

If you are poorly trained or equipped on  mask use it may have the effect of no mask at all or may be socially humiliating because you didn't know the blue side went out and the folds go down ( this happened to a friend)

Edited by Crtcl Rice Theory
spelling

Timeline
1 hour ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

I can see a few flaws in this dialogue, buts start with the  comparitive downside. 

If you are poorly trained, ill equipped, have the wrong gear or find your self in the wrong situation, a gun can have lethal consequences ( not the intended ones)

If you are poorly trained or equipped on  mask use it may have the effect of no mask at all or may be socially humiliating because you didn't know the blue side went out and the folds go down ( this happened to a friend)

Oh, the HORROR!!!  All those years wasted from not wearing masks.

What about putting on a mask, then later touching it to take it off, only to put it back on when you go into the next store?  Or you leave the mask in your vehicle when you get home, only to use it tomorrow in the next store?  If you actually believe that masks reduce the risk of infection, then improperly wearing them can have lethal consequences as well, right?

99.9% of everyone I have ever seen wearing masks in public use them wrong.  Ironically, that's about the same percentage of chance you have of dying from covid.

It's not just the dying from COVID. It's the living with the aftermath of COVID. Long COVID is real. My sister -- 38 years old (sorry Rach, it's true), slim and in fantastic health -- got COVID over six months ago. She is still feeling the effects -- she gets tired where she used to be bursting with energy before, her sense of smell and taste has not fully returned. She has headaches and gets brain fog. On the other hand, her fiancé, who is older and on the chunky side (sorry Matt, it's true) and has diabetes bounced back just fine. It's a gamble. Some bets are worth taking, and others are not.