SBML

Abandon K1 to go straight to AOS questions

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I think I saw this asked before quite long ago but after searching for a while I wasn't able to find the answers I need, so I need to ask you a few things. 

Early this year with my then fiancée we filled out the I-129f packet and send it to USCIS and got the NOA1 around March. After the COVID outbreak happened, we fought hard to be able to reunite after months of being apart, and I was able to enter the States not long ago. It started just as a visit to be together and I had tickets to come back to Spain, but close to the date of my flight, it got cancelled, and I tried to get new ones but the same thing happened twice after. After all that we decided to abandon the K1 and just get married and adjust, and that's where we're at right now. 

Thing is, we just got the NOA2 for the I-129f, and with it, my Alien Number, so it pop up a few questions I cannot find answers.

Should I use that Alien Number for the forms we're filling right now(I-485, I-944, etc.), and also attatch the NOA2 on the AOS packet? Or as we abandoned that we should just ignore that? 

Thank you so much for your help!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, SBML said:

Hi everyone, I think I saw this asked before quite long ago but after searching for a while I wasn't able to find the answers I need, so I need to ask you a few things. 

Early this year with my then fiancée we filled out the I-129f packet and send it to USCIS and got the NOA1 around March. After the COVID outbreak happened, we fought hard to be able to reunite after months of being apart, and I was able to enter the States not long ago. It started just as a visit to be together and I had tickets to come back to Spain, but close to the date of my flight, it got cancelled, and I tried to get new ones but the same thing happened twice after. After all that we decided to abandon the K1 and just get married and adjust, and that's where we're at right now. 

Thing is, we just got the NOA2 for the I-129f, and with it, my Alien Number, so it pop up a few questions I cannot find answers.

Should I use that Alien Number for the forms we're filling right now(I-485, I-944, etc.), and also attatch the NOA2 on the AOS packet? Or as we abandoned that we should just ignore that? 

Thank you so much for your help!

Alien number is yours assigned for life.

No need to submit NOA2 for i129f.

You will need a concurrent filing of an i130 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Please also don’t just ignore the k1 now- please call to withdraw it. Keeping it active/being processed holds the wait time up for others.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

On 11/8/2020 at 3:36 PM, payxibka said:

Alien number is yours assigned for life.

No need to submit NOA2 for i129f.

You will need a concurrent filing of an i130 

Thank you for the info!

23 hours ago, Luckycuds said:

Please also don’t just ignore the k1 now- please call to withdraw it. Keeping it active/being processed holds the wait time up for others.

Will do! I don't want to delay anyone's process but the opposite. I'll give them a call as soon as I can. Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
14 minutes ago, SBML said:

Thank you for the info!

Will do! I don't want to delay anyone's process but the opposite. I'll give them a call as soon as I can. Thank you!

Thank you for being considerate :) and good luck on your journey. 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We are in the same boat too. We included the alien number and sent a copy of the NOA2 just to show the alien number also. I’m sure if they don’t need it they will disregard it.

We sent a letter (uploaded) one to the NVC website contact form requesting the withdrawal of the approved K1 and we received a letter saying they received our withdrawal request and the petition was sent back to Uscis.

Hope this helps.

On 11/10/2020 at 7:04 PM, remotercharm said:

We're doing the same thing.  We just sent off our massive application yesterday!  Good luck!

Awesome! Thank you and best of luck!

21 hours ago, KurtDarryl23 said:

We are in the same boat too. We included the alien number and sent a copy of the NOA2 just to show the alien number also. I’m sure if they don’t need it they will disregard it.

We sent a letter (uploaded) one to the NVC website contact form requesting the withdrawal of the approved K1 and we received a letter saying they received our withdrawal request and the petition was sent back to Uscis.

Hope this helps.

Perfect, thank you for your advice! I'll try to send a leter as you did. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.