Orangesapples

Biden wins presidency, Trump denied second term in White House, Fox News projects

2,025 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Whatever... Unhinged, I think not. I think it is brilliant because he was able to get around the censors of the MSM and go directly to the people. This is especially the case because they misconstrued and flat out lied about what he was saying.

Yes, go directly to the people with his stupidity. Reading his Twitter makes my brain hurt. 

3 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

So is Latinx, but you still the Liberal elite touting this term

I don't know anyone who uses this ridiculous term. However, Trumpers do follow the words of the Dear Leader. 

1 hour ago, CanAm1980 said:

Not often but if you want to refer to both genders, x helps save time.

Pretty sure Latinos can include both men and women. 

12 hours ago, Ban Hammer said:

is that a different version of Linux?

La·tin·x
/ˌlaˈtēˌneks,ləˈtēˌneks/

NORTH AMERICAN
noun

1. a person of Latin American origin or descent (used as a gender-neutral or nonbinary alternative to Latino or Latina).
    "the books share stories of the civil rights struggle for African Americans, Latinxs, and LGBTQ people"

adjective
  1. relating to people of Latin American origin or descent (used as a gender-neutral or nonbinary alternative to Latino or Latina).
    "a unique Latinx perspective that other shows don't really capture"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:
La·tin·x
/ˌlaˈtēˌneks,ləˈtēˌneks/

NORTH AMERICAN
noun

1. a person of Latin American origin or descent (used as a gender-neutral or nonbinary alternative to Latino or Latina).
    "the books share stories of the civil rights struggle for African Americans, Latinxs, and LGBTQ people"

adjective
  1. relating to people of Latin American origin or descent (used as a gender-neutral or nonbinary alternative to Latino or Latina).
    "a unique Latinx perspective that other shows don't really capture"

can't get any good jokes by you, can i?   :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

If someone asks me to use it to describe their ethnicity, I will use it. It's not a natural choice for me yet, but maybe some day it will be. My own friends who are of that ethnicity tend to describe themselves as Hispanic so it's sort of moot in my circle. But if one asked me to call him or her Latinx I would not hesitate. It costs me nothing to be polite. 

1 hour ago, Ban Hammer said:

can't get any good jokes by you, can i?   :P

I guess its part of my ongoing gender fluidity education on VJ. Now that you mention the whole Spanish language is racist, because it has so many gender specific words. The whole A and O thang

1 hour ago, laylalex said:

If someone asks me to use it to describe their ethnicity, I will use it. It's not a natural choice for me yet, but maybe some day it will be. My own friends who are of that ethnicity tend to describe themselves as Hispanic so it's sort of moot in my circle. But if one asked me to call him or her Latinx I would not hesitate. It costs me nothing to be polite. 

I have discussed this with my black friends at work. If I am trying to describe a customer or a customer asks for a specific person, we do use race and sex in the description or ask what color they are. It just makes it easy to narrow do who it might be.

12 hours ago, Orangesapples said:

I don't know anyone who uses this ridiculous term. However, Trumpers do follow the words of the Dear Leader. 

Pretty sure Latinos can include both men and women. 

Not technically. Same things with Pinay and Pinoy 

48 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Not technically. Same things with Pinay and Pinoy 

That makes no sense. I speak a different highly gendered language and the masculine plural can include both men and women while the feminine plural can only include women. 

I personally think that Latinx is an assault on the Spanish language and is a horrible made up word that is hard to pronounce and makes zero sense. It kind of seems white saviory to me. But the vast majority of people don't use it and maybe there are a total of 10 people that support a political candidate BECAUSE they use this ridiculous word. Most people just roll their eyes and move on, many people have never heard of this word and don't care. 

However, a bunch of people support Trump and started following him precisely because he says stuff like that:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Rhetoric like this is a big reason why so many people love Trump. This cannot in any way be compared to a silly word only used in limited circles among some Democratic voters. 

https://www.record-eagle.com/news/judge-allows-release-of-report-on-antrim-county-voting-machines/article_acfcc116-3e21-11eb-abeb-1384a5982068.html

Attorneys from the Michigan Attorney General’s office — representing Michigan’s Secretary of State — agreed the information should be released, so long as any proprietary source code from Dominion voting machine software is redacted and the Secretary of State be allowed to rebut the report's contents.

i would say this is more reliable of a story than some random youtube conspiracy theorist trying to sensationalize it.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

2 hours ago, laylalex said:

I know exactly what you mean... But when I first heard this word I was WTH is up with this word and someone who likes to portray themselves as being very smart on FB tried to critique me for not using it even though they themselves are old and lilly white as can be. I had to inform them that of all the Hispanics I know NO ONE has ever used this word nor will they. Which this is coming to the Filipino community as well because the elite progressive Filipino Americans are trying to use the word "Filipinx" instead of Filipino or Filipina. Which as it should is getting ALOT of pushback from Filipinos actually in the Philippines. 

https://interaksyon.philstar.com/trends-spotlights/2020/06/24/171420/is-filipinx-a-correct-term-to-use-debate-for-gender-neutral-term-for-filipino-sparked-anew/#:~:text=“The term Filipinx is born,identity%2C” the page said.

3 hours ago, moxy said:

Being racist on VJ. When you're a mod they let you do it.

So how is that racist????? 

4 minutes ago, Prizm123 said:

https://www.record-eagle.com/news/judge-allows-release-of-report-on-antrim-county-voting-machines/article_acfcc116-3e21-11eb-abeb-1384a5982068.html

Attorneys from the Michigan Attorney General’s office — representing Michigan’s Secretary of State — agreed the information should be released, so long as any proprietary source code from Dominion voting machine software is redacted and the Secretary of State be allowed to rebut the report's contents.

i would say this is more reliable of a story than some random youtube conspiracy theorist trying to sensationalize it.

He is not a conspiracy theorist but a news aggregate and reports it out