Burnt Reynolds

2020 Election Thread

762 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Something I pointed out about the GOP a few times was that even after winning in 2016, after 8 years on the "losing" side, they seemed to be having an exceptionally difficult time transitioning to being able to act like winners. The honeymoon is short, and the mentality has to change if you want to accomplish anything. The GOP wasted a lot of time and before you know it, 2 years have gone by and you are on the way to being losers again.

The Democrats are going to have to learn that same lesson too (if the leads hold). Since we were discussing optimism, I'm not really optimistic the democrats can change their ways either.  

This is because the Democrats never gave the Republicans any time to act like winners at all because of the pee tape, Russian Collusion, Ukrainegate, and Impeachment. It was one bs thing after another

7 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, obviously, but the legal system doesn't run on opinion. As I said previously, they can show up in court all day, but they better have some hard evidence. I don't think they are actually helping themselves build credibility at the moment. We all know the story of the boy who cried wolf, but Trump is the grown man who never stopped. There comes a time for everyone when you have to own your actions. Trump is on deck for that now.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

5 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Right now with all the things going on, it's far too premature to call the election over, until either Trump concedes or Biden is certified the next President.

Well this I can agree on. Trump will never conceded so, in my opinion what will happen is sometime tomorrow the networks will call it for Joe. He will the have his victory speech and begin to put together his transition team. They are unlikely to address Trump's legal actions. Maybe those will make their ways through the courts. Maybe there will be some favorable results with nothing of material consequence  and then on Jan 20th Joe will move into the white house and Trump will go start his TV station

Trump being the patriot that he is will work together with the Biden team to properly prepare and transition him for the good of the country right?

Just now, Cyberfx1024 said:

This is because the Democrats never gave the Republicans any time to act like winners at all because of the pee tape, Russian Collusion, Ukrainegate, and Impeachment. It was one bs thing after another

Nobody is going to cut the other side any slack, and I don't understand the expectation. The Republicans are going to do everything they can to stop the Democrats from getting anything done as well. Unless it's something the Republicans already want done. McConnell even said that, and he didn't really need to say it, because we all know it already. Just like they did with Obama from 2008-2016. Just like the Democrats did to GWB from 2000-2008 every chance they had. That's how it works

Sorry, you can't go swimming and then stop because you got wet. You know that going in. They have a job to do, and they have the wherewithal to get it done. It is up to the winning side to find a way. If not, they go back to being the loser. 

2 minutes ago, designguy said:

Well this I can agree on. Trump will never conceded so, in my opinion what will happen is sometime tomorrow the networks will call it for Joe. He will the have his victory speech and begin to put together his transition team. They are unlikely to address Trump's legal actions. Maybe those will make their ways through the courts. Maybe there will be some favorable results with nothing of material consequence  and then on Jan 20th Joe will move into the white house and Trump will go start his TV station

Trump being the patriot that he is will work together with the Biden team to properly prepare and transition him for the good of the country right?

Maybe he will buy OAN and bring their production value up to at least this decade. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

And now it will be the Reps with Hunter and election fraud. lol the story never ends and both sides are really not that different 

1 minute ago, Steeleballz said:

Nobody is going to cut the other side any slack, and I don't understand the expectation. The Republicans are going to do everything they can to stop the Democrats from getting anything done as well. Unless it's something the Republicans already want done. McConnell even said that, and he didn't really need to say it, because we all know it already. Just like they did with Obama from 2008-2016. Just like the Democrats did to GWB from 2000-2008 every chance they had. That's how it works

Sorry, you can't go swimming and then stop because you got wet. You know that going in. They have a job to do, and they have the wherewithal to get it done. It is up to the winning side to find a way. If not, they go back to being the loser. 

They didn't even allow Trump to get in the WH before they started with the stupid Steele Dossier and the pee tape. Then they moved on to collusion, then Ukraine, then Impeachment. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Maybe he will buy OAN and bring their production value up to at least this decade. 

If they are up for a major rebrand then im sure they would be interested

2 minutes ago, designguy said:

I don't know what will happen because we're in uncharted territory. 

1 minute ago, designguy said:

If they are up for a major rebrand then im sure they would be interested

There have been talks about someone buying them. They are trying to be the Conservative MSNBC but their production/video value is pretty low. So I can really only watch them a couple minutes at a time

6 minutes ago, designguy said:

And now it will be the Reps with Hunter and election fraud. lol the story never ends and both sides are really not that different 

This is why people should really just go for election integrity and want things verified and trustworthy rather than all this crappy vote suppression and fraud both sides keep trying to perpetuate, and that can only happen from the people. I think I remember a post earlier where someone blamed the parties, and while I do partially blame them, who keeps electing them? Who keeps treating elections and politics like its a football team winning or losing? People are their own worst enemies and help set things up to work against them. Now think about who benefits most from that.

12 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

There have been talks about someone buying them. They are trying to be the Conservative MSNBC but their production/video value is pretty low. So I can really only watch them a couple minutes at a time

Right? 

I can't stand many of these conservative grifters. Some of them unfortunately wind up being useful journalists, but that's a sign of the times with the media overall that this niche media can propagate.. it's an indictment upon legacy media for their failures and refusal to change for the better, instead doubling down on trash. So now trash is the norm. I said before it sucks that Breitbart is basically on the same level of what the media used to be, because the media has lost all trustworthiness. 

But I also look at what conservative grifters do on social media, where they sit there and cry like morons about censorship then stay on the platforms they're being censored on to monetize outrage. It's fraudulent, like the fraud Candace "Social Autopsy" Owens.. it's funny someone mentioned AOC's McCarthyist "Trump list".. that's precisely what Candace Owens tried to do to people online who were "conservatives" supporting Trump before, and when she was lambasted by her liberal friends for the stupidity of it, she decided to take her "talents" to the Republicans and larp as a "conservative". She sure has milked that one for all its worth, and gets so much unwarranted attention. I can't stand fake people like that.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

They didn't even allow Trump to get in the WH before they started with the stupid Steele Dossier and the pee tape. Then they moved on to collusion, then Ukraine, then Impeachment. 

And all of this somehow stopped the Republicans from getting anything done from 2016-2018 when they had the presidency and both chambers of congress? Was their a lockout on capital hill or something during this time that I didn't hear about? As I recall, they wanted to get rid of the ACA and it was actually John McCain who cast the deciding vote to stop them. Very few were more outspoken against the ACA than McCain, but he actually saw how the Republicans were acting behind Trump and had enough. Trump likes to talk the talk, but he could have got all that done if he even had a half baked plan to do accomplishing it. 

I'm not trying to butt heads with you Cyber, but I don't think we should be making excuses for these people. They didn't get it done. Period. As I said, I am hopeful the Dems make the most of their opportunity, I am not really optimistic that they actually do anything. Getting rid of Trump is something many wanted to see, but it's not really an accomplishment. 

2 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

And all of this somehow stopped the Republicans from getting anything done from 2016-2018 when they had the presidency and both chambers of congress? Was their a lockout on capital hill or something during this time that I didn't hear about? As I recall, they wanted to get rid of the ACA and it was actually John McCain who cast the deciding vote to stop them. Very few were more outspoken against the ACA than McCain, but he actually saw how the Republicans were acting behind Trump and had enough. Trump likes to talk the talk, but he could have got all that done if he even had a half baked plan to do accomplishing it. 

I'm not trying to butt heads with you Cyber, but I don't think we should be making excuses for these people. They didn't get it done. Period. As I said, I am hopeful the Dems make the most of their opportunity, I am not really optimistic that they actually do anything. Getting rid of Trump is something many wanted to see, but it's not really an accomplishment. 

Honestly I don't think the Dems will do much of anything because they don't have much of a majority in the House and they are openly feuding with the Progressive wing of the party. I think it is really funny because that will just set themselves up for a defeat in 2022.

6 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Right? 

I can't stand many of these conservative grifters. Some of them unfortunately wind up being useful journalists, but that's a sign of the times with the media overall that this niche media can propagate.. it's an indictment upon legacy media for their failures and refusal to change for the better, instead doubling down on trash. So now trash is the norm. I said before it sucks that Breitbart is basically on the same level of what the media used to be, because the media has lost all trustworthiness. 

But I also look at what conservative grifters do on social media, where they sit there and cry like morons about censorship then stay on the platforms they're being censored on to monetize outrage. It's fraudulent, like the fraud Candace "Social Autopsy" Owens.. it's funny someone mentioned AOC's McCarthyist "Trump list".. that's precisely what Candace Owens tried to do to people online who were "conservatives" supporting Trump before, and when she was lambasted by her liberal friends for the stupidity of it, she decided to take her "talents" to the Republicans and larp as a "conservative".

I mean I do like her most of the time but I do believe that she tries to hard.