aratamorne

N-400 November 2020 Filers

451 posts in this topic

On 10/29/2021 at 4:24 PM, franklinroosevelt said:

Originally filed N-400 online for San Francisco field office on Nov 9, 2020 but recently moved to Raleigh, NC area. Filed the change of address AR-11 online on Oct 9, 2021. This morning at 4am PT received confirmation that AR-11 was processed, and a couple hours later today saw online that Raleigh office had scheduled an interview for Nov 29, 2021 in the morning (~13 months after filing). Looks like the move helped expedite interview scheduling :) Hoping for same-day oath and same-day passport processing!

Had my interview today at Raleigh and went smoothly - I arrived about 30 mins early and they saw me 25 mins ahead of my actual interview time because the office was quiet. The officer (who joined via video call on iPad) didn't ask for any documents besides my Green Card, just verified address and employment, did the civics and language tests, and reviewed my application offline. Officer was friendly. Did the oath about 15-20 minutes later and all done!

Raleigh office was not offering passport acceptance or on the spot certified copies of the naturalization certificate so I called USCIS contact center to request an infopass appointment... they said someone will call me back within 30 calendar days to schedule, so I imagine actual appointment be for a while.

Going to USPS later today to send in my passport application! Woohoo!

Good luck to everyone still going through the process - hang in there.

Edited by franklinroosevelt

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, C & H said:

Anyone here are still waiting for interview notice like us? We filed the application on 11/1/2020

I sent 3 messages on USCIS website in the last month but got no reply from them.

I am a October 2020 filer and have not hear about the interview too. The process time depends on your office. My office has the longest time (15.5 to 22 months). 

On 12/9/2021 at 8:52 PM, C & H said:

Anyone here are still waiting for interview notice like us? We filed the application on 11/1/2020

I sent 3 messages on USCIS website in the last month but got no reply from them.

Still waiting for the interview notice too! Baltimore office here. 

Timeline
On 12/10/2021 at 3:43 PM, Emilly2021 said:

I am a October 2020 filer and have not hear about the interview too. The process time depends on your office. My office has the longest time (15.5 to 22 months). 

Portland, OR filer here, and the processing time is currently 12 to 17.5 months. I am at 13.5 months now.. 

I think the criteria for filing out-of-processing-time e-ticket does not make sense at all, its basically a moving target and you might never get to file it

I had my interview today at the San Jose center. I was out of the door under 45 mins (including the security check, etc). It was pretty smooth, started with the questions (longest river, war in the 1900s, vice precident's name, what did the declaration of independence do, who was the father of the country, don't remember the other one), read/write, and verification of personal info/responses.

I was told that I was going to be recommended for approval and once approved, I should receive a letter (usually within 30 days) with the oath's date. Later I received a notice that says, "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled". Anyone happens to know when (time of the month) San Jose usually schedules the oaths? I will probably have a business trip late January, and we might combine it with a personal trip, if the business trip happens, and hopefully, we will avoid canceling/rescheduling things.

BTW, I asked if I can do a passport application after the oath, and they told me that the State Department doesn't attend the oaths anymore.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

San Francisco CA filer here. I applied online on November 30, 2020. Just received an email that they scheduled my interview. Checked my USCIS account and it will be on January 25th . Now I’m nervous 🥺

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Jon&Daiz said:

San Francisco CA filer here. I applied online on November 30, 2020. Just received an email that they scheduled my interview. Checked my USCIS account and it will be on January 25th . Now I’m nervous 🥺

Super. Good news to find the first move for SFO office Nov Petitions, thanks for that news.

For me also the interview is scheduled for the same day, same place (my spouse has also applied along with me at the same time, but no interview is scheduled till now)  

Why nervous? Give a good read of my notes in my signature below, it may give some additional pointers for your preparation.

Good luck, your motive should be DOING no-known-mistakes than Doing everything alright.

Edited by ImmiGeek

My USC Journey noteshttps://tinyurl.com/myUSCNotes 

Citizenship: Completed SFO/CA(Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Nov 31, 2020 (Day 00): Submitted N400 Application, filed online.

Dec 07, 2020 (Day 08): NOA Receipt received in the mail.

Feb 19, 2021 (Day 82): Biometrics reuse notice received online.

Dec 22, 2021 (Day 387) Interview is  scheduled for 01/25/2022.

Jan 25, 2021 (Day 420) Interview and Oath is completed.

Passport: Completed (Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Jan 26, 2022 (Day 00): Submitted Application at USPS - Regular speed.

Feb 01, 2022 (Day 06): DOS received (status: in process) Locator 69: New Hampshire: Old Gen Passport to come.

Feb 23, 2022 (Day 28) :  Approved on DOS site.

Feb 28, 2022 (Day 33) :  Received the passport - Old Gen.

Mar 01, 2022 (Day 34) :  Received the passport card.

Mar 04, 2022 (Day 37) :  Received the original Naturalization Certificate safely.

SS Updates: In Progress (Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Feb 29, 2022 (Day 00) :  Received the passport card, used it for SS updates request on the same day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, ImmiGeek said:

Super. Good news to find the first move for SFO office Nov Petitions, thanks for that news.

For me also the interview is scheduled for the same day, same place (my spouse has also applied along with me at the same time, but no interview is scheduled till now)  

Why nervous? Give a good read of my notes in my signature below, it may give some additional pointers for your preparation.

Good luck, your motive should be DOING no-known-mistakes than Doing everything alright.

Thank you so much. I’m just glad that finally there’s movement in my case. Good luck on your interview and your spouse case. 

Hi everyone, exactly 14 months after I filed on October 28th 2020,  I was now invited for the long-awaited interview yesterday. My field office (Sacramento, California) has one of the longest processing time. Wish everyone get updates on their application.

I now need to find out about the interview question. Has anyone used any application? Also, I had a valid green card at the time of application but it expired a few months ago. The lawyers are saying the green card is not needed for naturalization but I am a bit concerned. Has anyone attended their interview with an expired green card?

My timeline below:

Filed on October 28, 2020

Invited for interview: 28 December, 2021

Interview date: 30 January 2022

Field office: Sacramento, California 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Emilly2021 said:

The lawyers are saying the green card is not needed for naturalization but I am a bit concerned

Your Lawer is correct. Just carry the expired green card. You will be fine. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Feb 01, 2022 (Day 06): DOS received (status: in process) Locator 69: New Hampshire: Old Gen Passport to come.

Mar 04, 2022 (Day 37) :  Received the original Naturalization Certificate safely.

Spoiler

Feb 29, 2022 (Day 00) :  Received the passport card, used it for SS updates request on the same day.

On 10/30/2021 at 10:34 AM, ImmiGeek said:

It may work like this:

All initially filed petitions goes to NBC (National Benefits Center) and entire basic processing would be done there till FBI name check and the petition would be made ready to be sent to the Local Servicing center or the petitioner's residential jurisdiction. Once the local servicing center got the interview slot available, the petition would be transferred to that Local Servicing center and the interview schedule would be sent to the petitioner.

The rest of the petition process (till Oath and handing over the Certificate) will be completed at the Local Servicing center and the case would be closed there itself.

For your case, NBC has completed the process and waiting for the SF Local office time slots. At that time, you have filed AR11 for NC and the petition got the local office stamp as NC, Immediately the NC got the interview slot and your got the Interview Schedule.

Here, once an interview is scheduled and the petition's jurisdiction has moved from the NBC to the Local Servicing Center, if someone changes their address(through AR11) the petition needs to go back to the NBC and NBC would re routes it to the new Local Servicing center, its much complicated and takes a lot of time for the next steps.

So, as long as the Interview is not scheduled, its okay to change addresses with minimum time line impact.

so what if you move and the address didn't change from the ar11 and they schedule your interview what would you proceed with the interview or make sure your address changes and reschedule another interview 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Hugo obed said:

so what if you move and the address didn't change from the ar11 and they schedule your interview what would you proceed with the interview or make sure your address changes and reschedule another interview 

I am not sure if I get you right or not but its a legal requirement to file AR11 immediately after your address changed. If you didnt file your AR11 and got scheduled for your old address based service center,  you must tell that service center that your address is changed, intending to file AR11 and file AR11 immediately (its a VERY EASY process, just online filing, no additional fee involved).
If I am not answering your question, please explain your question in detail. Thanks

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, ImmiGeek said:

I am not sure if I get you right or not but its a legal requirement to file AR11 immediately after your address changed. If you didnt file your AR11 and got scheduled for your old address based service center,  you must tell that service center that your address is changed, intending to file AR11 and file AR11 immediately (its a VERY EASY process, just online filing, no additional fee involved).
If I am not answering your question, please explain your question in detail. Thanks

Thanks for answering. i filled already and moved to a new state then i sent in my AR11 and also online for my change of address, but it was not changed, now I have my interview scheduled with the old address. I get my mails to my new address because I forwarded all my mails from the old address to the new one. and i just got notified for my interview with old address. so my question is do i need to go for the interview with the old address or call them to change it or what do i do . it took me almost a year to get this interview. do i go and tell them i did send a change of address or what i am just confused 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.