aratamorne

N-400 November 2020 Filers

451 posts in this topic

On 10/5/2021 at 8:52 PM, grumpybrit said:

The only other questions they asked were the ones on the application. I assume to just to make sure nothing has changed since you applied. They did ask for a state ID in addition to my Green Card which was the only thing I was not expecting.

You also need to study N400 words definitions 

2 minutes ago, HNZ91 said:

You also need to study N400 words definitions 

Word definitions? I was never asked for any word definitions

AOS Timeline

• 10/23/2016 - I-130/I-485 Concurrent packet posted
  • 10/25/2016 - Packet signed for at Chicago lockbox
  • 11/09/2016 - E-Notifications received
  • 11/15/2016 - NOA's received in post
  • 11/18/2016 - Biometric appointment received (set for 11/30)
  • 11/30/2016 - Biometric appointment completed
  • 01/25/2017 - EAD Approved
  • 01/25/2017 - AP Approved
  • 02/01/2017 - Combo Card arrived in the post

>>THIS IS WHAT I PUT IN MY PACKET<<

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

What sort of word definitions? I am not familiar with this either. Been following applicant stories here and some mock interviews on Youtube...

Was anyone asked for docs or evidence they did not have on hand? Anything that they were NOT expecting to be asked?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
15 minutes ago, pdx751 said:

What sort of word definitions? I am not familiar with this either. Been following applicant stories here and some mock interviews on Youtube...

Was anyone asked for docs or evidence they did not have on hand? Anything that they were NOT expecting to be asked?

I had this list towards the end of my notes (link in my signature)

My USC Journey noteshttps://tinyurl.com/myUSCNotes 

Citizenship: Completed SFO/CA(Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Nov 31, 2020 (Day 00): Submitted N400 Application, filed online.

Dec 07, 2020 (Day 08): NOA Receipt received in the mail.

Feb 19, 2021 (Day 82): Biometrics reuse notice received online.

Dec 22, 2021 (Day 387) Interview is  scheduled for 01/25/2022.

Jan 25, 2021 (Day 420) Interview and Oath is completed.

Passport: Completed (Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Jan 26, 2022 (Day 00): Submitted Application at USPS - Regular speed.

Feb 01, 2022 (Day 06): DOS received (status: in process) Locator 69: New Hampshire: Old Gen Passport to come.

Feb 23, 2022 (Day 28) :  Approved on DOS site.

Feb 28, 2022 (Day 33) :  Received the passport - Old Gen.

Mar 01, 2022 (Day 34) :  Received the passport card.

Mar 04, 2022 (Day 37) :  Received the original Naturalization Certificate safely.

SS Updates: In Progress (Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Feb 29, 2022 (Day 00) :  Received the passport card, used it for SS updates request on the same day.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
42 minutes ago, pdx751 said:

Sometimes they ask you was arrested?what is being arrested?What is torture or terrorism,or what is prostitute.

My friend was asked what is army and what difference from military, she fail to answer and exam was fail

Edited by freemanrnd

23 minutes ago, freemanrnd said:

im chicago field office

Oh then expect 6-8 weeks from approval to oath

AOS Timeline

Timeline
20 hours ago, grumpybrit said:

Oh then expect 6-8 weeks from approval to oath

i don't know who said you this, but usually oath happen 4-5 weeks after interview in chicago

1 hour ago, freemanrnd said:

i don't know who said you this, but usually oath happen 4-5 weeks after interview in chicago

The officer who interviewed me

AOS Timeline

Timeline
53 minutes ago, grumpybrit said:

The officer who interviewed me

They usually don't know what talking about, my officer said i get oath same month!Oath prepare not same officer, another department

Happy to report that on Thursday (our 6th wedding anniversary) we received notification that  my husband’s interview date will be November 17th.  We will keep y’all posted with the results. Thanks everyone for their help on this journey. 

His interview is at the Portland Oregon office. 

Congrtulations. Very happy for you and your husband. I see your CIS office was Portland. By the way, how did you find out where your office is. It does not say it on my receipts of notice.

2 hours ago, Sunya and Tim said:

Happy to report that on Thursday (our 6th wedding anniversary) we received notification that  my husband’s interview date will be November 17th.  We will keep y’all posted with the results. Thanks everyone for their help on this journey. 

His interview is at the Portland Oregon office. 

Congrtulations. Very happy for you and your husband. I see your CIS office was Portland. By the way, how did you find out where your office is. It does not say it on my receipts of notice.

5 minutes ago, Emilly2021 said:

@Emilly2021, if you filed online there is a section called documents related to N-400 application. Once your interview has been scheduled, a copy of the interview letter that you will be mailed is there. In the top right corner it shows you the interview location along with the date and time.  Hope this helps.  Either way the document will be mailed to you. 

1 minute ago, Sunya and Tim said:

@Emilly2021, if you filed online there is a section called documents related to N-400 application. Once your interview has been scheduled, a copy of the interview letter that you will be mailed is there. In the top right corner it shows you the interview location along with the date and time.  Hope this helps.  Either way the document will be mailed to you. 

Thanks for detailed reponse. Since I have yet to receive my interview letter, I do not know where my office is. I know the processing time vary by the CIS office and would have been helpful to know where my office is. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.