aratamorne

N-400 November 2020 Filers

451 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
42 minutes ago, nancy72 said:

Hello everyone! We got the appointment for interview on April 26th, 2022. Interview scheduled for yesterday, June 15, 2022. 

He passed!!!! Yay!!! 

Online account updated to: "Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled" later that day.

So excited!!! 

Congrats!!

My USC Journey noteshttps://tinyurl.com/myUSCNotes 

Citizenship: Completed SFO/CA(Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Nov 31, 2020 (Day 00): Submitted N400 Application, filed online.

Dec 07, 2020 (Day 08): NOA Receipt received in the mail.

Feb 19, 2021 (Day 82): Biometrics reuse notice received online.

Dec 22, 2021 (Day 387) Interview is  scheduled for 01/25/2022.

Jan 25, 2021 (Day 420) Interview and Oath is completed.

Passport: Completed (Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Jan 26, 2022 (Day 00): Submitted Application at USPS - Regular speed.

Feb 01, 2022 (Day 06): DOS received (status: in process) Locator 69: New Hampshire: Old Gen Passport to come.

Feb 23, 2022 (Day 28) :  Approved on DOS site.

Feb 28, 2022 (Day 33) :  Received the passport - Old Gen.

Mar 01, 2022 (Day 34) :  Received the passport card.

Mar 04, 2022 (Day 37) :  Received the original Naturalization Certificate safely.

SS Updates: In Progress (Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Feb 29, 2022 (Day 00) :  Received the passport card, used it for SS updates request on the same day.

1 hour ago, nancy72 said:

Hello everyone! We got the appointment for interview on April 26th, 2022. Interview scheduled for yesterday, June 15, 2022. 

He passed!!!! Yay!!! 

Online account updated to: "Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled" later that day.

So excited!!! 

Amazing news! Congrats!

Spoiler

July 1, 2017: entered USA on a marriage-based green card (CR1).

April 18, 2019: applied for removal of conditions on my green card (I-751).

April 22, 2019: received the standard receipt/extension letter for my green card (Notice of Action I-797).

July 3, 2019: I-751 is stuck on “Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview” step.

December 18, 2020: 1st InfoPass Appointment to get I-751 stamp in my passport.

February 4, 2020: I-751 is still stuck on “Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview” step.

November 15, 2020: applied for N-400 with my I-751 still pending.

February 1, 2021: USCIS letter notifying me my biometrics can be reused, and I don't need to appear to submit them again.

December 15, 2021: 2nd InfoPass Appointment to get another I-751 stamp in my passport.

February 1, 2022: received online notice for N-400 interview.

March 9, 2022: N-400 interview, combined with I-751 interview. I passed N-400, but the officer needed to make additional checks to approve my I-751.

March 10, 2022: Received online notice that my N-400 was recommended for approval.

March 11, 2022: Received online notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony.

March 14 or 15, 2022: Received I-797 Notice of Action by mail to inform me I-751 was approved together with N-400.

March 25, 2022: Oath Ceremony and Citizenship.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Baltimore must be one of the worst offices in the country right now when it comes to N-400.  Still nothing from them, filed FOIA, received A-Record, filed out of processing time, canned message, reached out to Congressman, they got the same canned message, and now we got another communication about being out of processing time after we filed a 2nd out of processing after it was up again( due to their constant change of calculation times).  They stated, if she does not receive an interview notice within 90 days to call the service center, lol.  Baltimore must have some the worst processing times.  Unreal.....  Sorry, just needed to vent.

20 hours ago, aratamorne said:

Baltimore must be one of the worst offices in the country right now when it comes to N-400.  Still nothing from them, filed FOIA, received A-Record, filed out of processing time, canned message, reached out to Congressman, they got the same canned message, and now we got another communication about being out of processing time after we filed a 2nd out of processing after it was up again( due to their constant change of calculation times).  They stated, if she does not receive an interview notice within 90 days to call the service center, lol.  Baltimore must have some the worst processing times.  Unreal.....  Sorry, just needed to vent.

I’m also under the Baltimore’s office. Like you, I have also done the same process of sending out an outside processing notice. I have also reached out with the Senators. But as you have said, the uscis Baltimore only sent me an email stating that I’m on a waiting list for an interview. I also have another contact who’s also under Baltimore’s office who opted for a second stamp of his passport just to get to travel abroad. 

I’m also getting tired of waiting.

Edited by yoh

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Lol, my wife received a notice that her case is being reviewed now...... this is after the status was ready for an interview since early 2021.  Logging into 'My USCIS' shows that her case is no longer 'taking a bit longer than expected' but instead should be completed in 8 months.   USCIS really needs to invest in better systems for processing applications and estimating wait times.  

I hope this is just USCIS' way of letting us know that an interview letter should be coming soon and not that Baltimore is actually taking over 2.5 years to process N-400s from Nov 2020.  

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Finally, 1 day short of 2 years my wife received her interview date for Dec 7.  Coincidentally, the same day as our anniversary.  Finally hope this immigration journey will be over for us.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Wife had her interview today.  Arrived 30 minutes early, from start to finish maybe 10 minutes once she got in.  Status already updated showing approved, wait for oath ceremony.  She said the IO was a very nice older gentleman.  Asked her the civics questions, she wrote a sentence, they chit chatted for a minute or two, asked her some of the "your not a criminal/terrorist" questions and that was it.

Good luck to everyone else waiting still from November.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Oath ceremony yesterday, finally closed the book on this journey.  Was an anticlimactic finish, with the entire Oath taking feeling rushed and incomplete.  I guess after 6 years from K1 to this I kind of expected a little something more than: The replacement costs is $550, only sign in black ink, don't get it laminated.  Welcome,you have a passport application in your packet, don't give it to us, take out this piece of paper, translators - help the oath takers, repeat after me, ok folks - you are all done, have a nice day.  Two giant TV screens, I was expecting the National Anthem, a video address of some sort, maybe from the current president, I don't know, something to make it seem more meaningful.  Basically it was more a, says this, ok done, don't let the door hit you in the ###, than a ceremony that had a meaningful, welcoming solemnity to it.  What a letdown by USCIS. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
50 minutes ago, aratamorne said:

Oath ceremony yesterday, finally closed the book on this journey.  Was an anticlimactic finish, with the entire Oath taking feeling rushed and incomplete.  I guess after 6 years from K1 to this I kind of expected a little something more than: The replacement costs is $550, only sign in black ink, don't get it laminated.  Welcome,you have a passport application in your packet, don't give it to us, take out this piece of paper, translators - help the oath takers, repeat after me, ok folks - you are all done, have a nice day.  Two giant TV screens, I was expecting the National Anthem, a video address of some sort, maybe from the current president, I don't know, something to make it seem more meaningful.  Basically it was more a, says this, ok done, don't let the door hit you in the ###, than a ceremony that had a meaningful, welcoming solemnity to it.  What a letdown by USCIS. 

Your ceremony seemed rushed. I went to my wifes oath ceremony and it was elaborate. A lot of explanation by the supervisor, oath, star spangled banner, pledge of allegiance, welcome immigrants video, welcome speech by mr.Biden and then explanation of what to do after citizenship by supervisor. This was in Phoenix FO.

1 hour ago, aratamorne said:

Sorry to hear that. After years of waiting and all the expense it sure sucks for it to be so underwhelming. I hear these ceremonies used to be way of a bigger deal before Covid. Lots of people in the room, officials, families, speeches. My experience was the same as yours. Lots of stress on checking the certificate had no mistakes. The good thing is that you are done now. So, congratulations on making it through the process!

Spoiler

July 1, 2017: entered USA on a marriage-based green card (CR1).

April 18, 2019: applied for removal of conditions on my green card (I-751).

April 22, 2019: received the standard receipt/extension letter for my green card (Notice of Action I-797).

July 3, 2019: I-751 is stuck on “Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview” step.

December 18, 2020: 1st InfoPass Appointment to get I-751 stamp in my passport.

February 4, 2020: I-751 is still stuck on “Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview” step.

November 15, 2020: applied for N-400 with my I-751 still pending.

February 1, 2021: USCIS letter notifying me my biometrics can be reused, and I don't need to appear to submit them again.

December 15, 2021: 2nd InfoPass Appointment to get another I-751 stamp in my passport.

February 1, 2022: received online notice for N-400 interview.

March 9, 2022: N-400 interview, combined with I-751 interview. I passed N-400, but the officer needed to make additional checks to approve my I-751.

March 10, 2022: Received online notice that my N-400 was recommended for approval.

March 11, 2022: Received online notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony.

March 14 or 15, 2022: Received I-797 Notice of Action by mail to inform me I-751 was approved together with N-400.

March 25, 2022: Oath Ceremony and Citizenship.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, ImmigrantKrish said:

Your ceremony seemed rushed. I went to my wifes oath ceremony and it was elaborate. A lot of explanation by the supervisor, oath, star spangled banner, pledge of allegiance, welcome immigrants video, welcome speech by mr.Biden and then explanation of what to do after citizenship by supervisor. This was in Phoenix FO.

Yeah that sounds more like what I expected.  Baltimore really drops the balls on all this.  I understand they do it all the time and maybe are burnt out, but to my wife, Baltimore staff displayed a complete lack of respect and dignity to the ceremony and people receiving their citizenship.  I am glad we are done, but it seems "Charm City" has lost its "Charm".

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
26 minutes ago, senza_sordini said:

Sorry to hear that. After years of waiting and all the expense it sure sucks for it to be so underwhelming. I hear these ceremonies used to be way of a bigger deal before Covid. Lots of people in the room, officials, families, speeches. My experience was the same as yours. Lots of stress on checking the certificate had no mistakes. The good thing is that you are done now. So, congratulations on making it through the process!

At this point, after all the waiting and agony, I think my wife will be happy with a short and sweet ceremony.  It took 44 months for USCIS to adjudicate our I-751 (no RFEs).  

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Crazy Cat said:

At this point, after all the waiting and agony, I think my wife will be happy with a short and sweet ceremony.  It took 44 months for USCIS to adjudicate our I-751 (no RFEs).  

Yeah, we were lucky on the I-751, no interview and was done a while ago.  But after all the stress and waiting, and especially for the granting of citizenship, you want a bit of pomp and ceremony.    Here's hoping they schedule her Oath taking soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.