Kris & Tracey

Travelling to USA - K-1 Visa

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

With the recent lift of non-essential travel for Filipinos, my fiancé is planning to visit me in the USA for the holidays with her current B1/B2 visa.  We want to make sure we prepare everything we need so she will not be denied departure in Manila and arrival in the US.  There are  two things we are really looking at:

Covid-19 requirements: roundtrip flight, 24-hour negative covid test, declaration of travel risk, and preparation for quarantine when returning to the Philippines

K-1 Visa requirements: proof of returning to Philppines including: rountrip flight, proof of employment and residency

Is there anything else we should consider that may result denial of departure or arrival?  We haven't seen each other for almost 11 months and this seems like a blessing we might have an opportunity to see each other.

Thanks,

-Kris

NOA1: July 21, 2010

NOA2: pending

Looks good to me, but I would include:

Travel insurance

Copy of your NOA1 (to show she's following the correct process to immigrate to the States. I do hope you meant 2020 and not 2010 ;)

Proof of her own assets/ability to pay for her expenses (bank statements, credit card statements, etc)

Previous passports with proof of previous international travel

Your info (phone number, address, passport copy)

Hope it goes smoothly and you get to see each other without too much trouble!

Do update us on your fiancée's experience travelling to/from the US. It would help others planning similar trips in the near future.

Edited by Adventine

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Adventine said:

Looks good to me, but I would include:

Travel insurance

Copy of your NOA1 (to show she's following the correct process to immigrate to the States. I do hope you meant 2020 and not 2010 ;)

Proof of her own assets/ability to pay for her expenses (bank statements, credit card statements, etc)

Previous passports with proof of previous international travel

Your info (phone number, address, passport copy)

Hope it goes smoothly and you get to see each other without too much trouble!

Do update us on your fiancée's experience travelling to/from the US. It would help others planning similar trips in the near future.

Oh yes, 2020.. lol

Thanks for the advice, its good to bring as much as she can

Timeline

@Kris & TraceyPlease do update us. I am also having my fiance travel here November with he pending k1. Does she work? Getting an employment letter also shows strong ties to PH. Other than that and what @Adventine added, seems similar to what we plan on. Good luck!! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Tommyz44 said:

@Kris & TraceyPlease do update us. I am also having my fiance travel here November with he pending k1. Does she work? Getting an employment letter also shows strong ties to PH. Other than that and what @Adventine added, seems similar to what we plan on. Good luck!! 

@tommyz44 Looks like we are in the same situation and doing similar things.  You guys are leaving before us in November, so I'd love to also hear your experience as you get through your travels.  Best of luck!

2 hours ago, Kris & Tracey said:

@tommyz44 Looks like we are in the same situation and doing similar things.  You guys are leaving before us in November, so I'd love to also hear your experience as you get through your travels.  Best of luck!

I think you will need to follow the Philippine departure rules quite closely from now as there are some changes going on and it seems to be in phases.  I have heard and read that the COVID test will no longer be required for departing Filipinos from the Philippines starting on November 1st.  Other then staying on top of that, what everyone else listed looks OK. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Update! My fiance is here! Leaving was pretty easy just needed the required stuff. Manila to Jfk with pal. She tested prior to flight and tested again on the 4th day so that she could get out of quarentine (NY rules) upon arrival she was asked reason for visit. Said visiting my fiance for Thanksgiving. Asked how long. 2 weeks. Have you been to any other country in the last 2 weeks. No and no layover just straight flight. Ok have a good time stay safe! Hope everyone else has the same experience!! 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Tommyz44 said:

Update! My fiance is here! Leaving was pretty easy just needed the required stuff. Manila to Jfk with pal. She tested prior to flight and tested again on the 4th day so that she could get out of quarentine (NY rules) upon arrival she was asked reason for visit. Said visiting my fiance for Thanksgiving. Asked how long. 2 weeks. Have you been to any other country in the last 2 weeks. No and no layover just straight flight. Ok have a good time stay safe! Hope everyone else has the same experience!! 

Thank you so much Tommy.  I hope my fiancé's goes as smoothly in LA.

2 hours ago, Tommyz44 said:

Thanks for updating us and have a great time with your fiancée :)

Timeline

@Tommyz44 hope you guys are having a good time together.  Quick question, which health insurance provider did your fiancé get from the Philippines?

Timeline
22 hours ago, Kris & Tracey said:

@Tommyz44 hope you guys are having a good time together.  Quick question, which health insurance provider did your fiancé get from the Philippines?

Thanks! It's been so nice to finally spend some time together!! Trawick is who she went with. Since it has specific coverage for covid.Hope this helps! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.