Stuwoolf

Immi Visa Issued - Getting a Flight UK US

27 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Stuwoolf said:

Thank you this is really informative. Particularly helpful from someone in the airline industry.

The options we have looked at are Glasgow - LHR then West Palm Beach. Miami. JFK. Newark. Orlando. Ft Lauderdale. Some of these flights require a 2nd stop via Amsterdam and Atlanta.

I presume, if the list had to be rated as most likely to fly, it would be,

1. JFK

2. Miami

3. Newark

4. Orlando

5. Ft Lauderdale

6. West Palm Beach

Grateful for your opinion. (I understand its an opinion and you cannot be held accountable!)

Thanks🙂

Hi, not sure what the problem is? Booked delta direct to Atlanta. I would use the biggest hubs Atlanta, Miami, jfk... The rest is pretty straightforward. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Newark is a United hub so seems like a better bet since Newark was your original destination.
Direct flight Round trip LHR-EWR  24Nov is $403.  10 am departure.

Thanksgiving gets very busy so don’t dally.  

Edited by Wuozopo

17 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Newark is a United hub so seems like a better bet since Newark was your original destination.
Direct flight Round trip LHR-EWR  24Nov is $403.  10 am departure.

Thanksgiving gets very busy so don’t dally.  

Thanks for this. There doesnt seem to be any availability - I guess I did take too long. As a result of requiring to isolate for 14 days in NJ (didnt know this), the date of departure can be no later than Nov 10. Have been looking at Nov 9 but United dont have a suitable flight - travel time is 20+ hours (overnight in Dublin). An overnight in Dublin in better times would be most welcomed however right now, in the present situation, its not inviting at all....never been to Dublin (except the airport) I hear the pubs are a bit special! Even thought about Gla - Dublin and catching the flight from Dublin but the timing isnt right🥴

Will have a look at JFK where there may be better hunting.

I guess its a case of see whats available and just get on with it....it could be a POE at NJ or anywhere along the East Coast. Hey ho.....

Thank you again for your help. Most appreciated.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Stuwoolf said:

As a result of requiring to isolate for 14 days in NJ (didnt know this), the date of departure can be no later than Nov 10.

A state quarantine then. Getting complicated. What is you final destination? Your profile says Florida, so why were you looking at Newark? 

2 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

A state quarantine then. Getting complicated. What is you final destination? Your profile says Florida, so why were you looking at Newark? 

Initially NJ to see my wifes daughters then Florida. With all the virus/quarantine going on plans change almost daily.🥴

I have emailed BA to see whats going on. Obviously we have lots of excess baggage eg 2 x guitars, 1 x golf clubs so hopefully BA can give a clearer response.

Having said all that, I will not be convinced a flight will get to a destination until it touches down and we - and hopefully all our luggage😂 - are on that flight. Unusual times......

Thanks for you response🙂

Timeline
7 hours ago, Stuwoolf said:

Having said all that, I will not be convinced a flight will get to a destination until it touches down and we - and hopefully all our luggage😂 - are on that flight. Unusual times......

Have you considered leaving  by Wednesday based on the address by Boris Johnson. Uncertainties lie ahead for sure if the new lockdown doesn’t achieve what they expect.

33 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Have you considered leaving  by Wednesday based on the address by Boris Johnson. Uncertainties lie ahead for sure if the new lockdown doesn’t achieve what they expect.

😂

Great minds think alike😉🙂

53 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Unfortunately very expensive. 

Flights are few and around £350 a skull....about $460 ....so not mega expensive. I guess as crunch time approachs it may be time to bite the bullet and get yer money oot!😂

Will give it 24 hours or so to see whats ahead and which airline is doing what.

I guess its gotta be an american airline or, maybe second best, an airline running on behalf of.

Will wait n watch for 24 hours and see how the land lies.

Anyone wanna buy a car😂😂😂😂

Edited by Stuwoolf

On 10/28/2020 at 8:23 PM, Stuwoolf said:

We had a flight booked for Nov 24 - Glasgow-LHR-Newark. The flight was BA. It was cancelled by the airline.

I know its a fluid situation but does anyone have a strategy to book a flight which has a good chance of actually flying?

My thoughts are trying to book the LHR to US leg with an american based airline eg United, American Airlines or even via Amsterdam (KLM) and Delta. My thought process is a foreign based air line eg KLM (Dutch) or United (US) are more likely to want to be back on home soil and therefore more likely to actually fly from UK.

Any thoughts on this?

I have a flight booked to the US via Atlanta POE and a stop at Amsterdam via Delta for November 25th. No changes so far on it but I am keeping an eye on it as flights may become streamlined from the UK due to the upcoming lockdown. I am mostly reassured that we are still able to fly as our visas are/should be considered essential travel. I also visited my husband during the month of June when travel restrictions were still in place with no concerns.

If you try and stick to the major airports in the US that were previously restricted to for international travellers- this should have less chance of disturbance. 

The list of approved U.S. airports is short, confined to just 11 gateways: Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Detroit, Dulles, Los Angeles, Newark, Kennedy, San Francisco, Seattle and Honolulu.

Delta airlines have very good customer service and to be fair, most airlines do. I think as long as we have valid reasons to travel we should not be affected by the lockdown.. Flight times may be affected but they should reschedule flights. Be aware of destination restrictions, if any.

12 hours ago, Stuwoolf said:

Flights are few and around £350 a skull....about $460 ....so not mega expensive. I guess as crunch time approachs it may be time to bite the bullet and get yer money oot!😂

That is super cheap... 

4 minutes ago, Xyrstine said:

That is super cheap... 

Apparently so. When we looked previously for flights for No1 Step Daughter, the prices offered  UK side of the pond were always better. Of course Excess Baggage has to be added and that will at least double the price...and its almost all mine😂

Just now, Stuwoolf said:

Apparently so. When we looked previously for flights for No1 Step Daughter, the prices offered  UK side of the pond were always better. Of course Excess Baggage has to be added and that will at least double the price...and its almost all mine😂

I can completely relate. I will be adding 2 extra luggages and it bumps up the price to a premium flight... Try using the Flight comparison site/app Kayak- you can adjust prices to include extra luggage to see what airlines/flights offer best value. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.